X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Patriotic Organization

The issue of who these people are, whether Macedonians or Bulgarized Macedonians, seems to arise frequently, and there is never a definitive answer.

From what I have read and seen, the MPO seem to have influence in the Americas, I have never even heard of them here in Australia but I have been informed that they were/are present although very minimal in influence.

Given that the Macedonians now have a state and church that they can call their own, why are the MPO still seemingly inclined to flirt with their former Bulgarian influences rather than coming home with their brothers and sisters? What is holding them back now?

Many say that the older generations were more Bulgarized but the younger generations have opened their eyes, if that is the case, can anybody on this forum confirm for me what are the relations between people from the Republic of Macedonia that have settled in the Americas and the members of the MPO? Do they see and/or treat each other as kin or foreigners?

Its 2009, the time for half-measures is done. The MPO need to declare once and for all whether or not they consider themselves to be a part of the Macedonian race and nation. The new leader who happens to be the first lady in the top job, Andrea Alusheff, should make a statement and clarify.

Here it seems that they don't associate themselves with the Bugaromani:

Unauthorized "Makedonska Tribuna"

The MPO, publisher of the Macedonian Tribune since 1927, has learned that an electronic publication identified as the "Makedonska Tribuna" is being distributed to individuals and organizations throughout the world.

The MPO Board of Directors disavows any statements made in this electronic publication and condemns the statements and sentiments expressed therein. Furthermore, the MPO Board of Directors states that there is no such entity as "MPO Luben Dimitroff" and that any individuals claiming to constitute such organization are not members of the MPO notwithstanding any claims to the contrary.

The Macedonian Tribune is a registered trademark owned by the MPO and applicable law forbids its misappropriation. The Macedonian Tribune is the oldest continuously published Macedonian newspaper in the world. To learn more about the genuine Macedonian Tribune please visit the information contained on this site.
    In reference to the below Bulgar garbage and propaganda:

And the below sounds even more clearer that they identify as Macedonians and not Bulgarized Macedonians.

About the Macedonian Tribune

The Macedonian Tribune is the oldest Macedonian newspaper in the world published continuously since February 10, 1927. Over the entire course of its existence the Macedonian Tribune has served as a valuable news and reference source on Macedonia, the Macedonian People and Macedonian issues for many governmental institutions and non-governmental organizations in the United States, Canada and throughout the world. Additionally, the Macedonian Tribune provides a vehicle for Macedonian-Americans and Macedonian-Canadians throughout North America to learn more about each other and the achievements, accomplishments, and milestones of Macedonians in the United States and Canada.

The value of the Macedonian Tribune comes from its establishment and publication in the United States thereby allowing Macedonians the ability to voice their opinions on Macedonian issues without fear of any reprisal by the oppressive regimes that ruled and in some cases still rule parts of Macedonia. This inherent value is demonstrated by the fact that the Macedonian Tribune has the distinct honor of being the only Macedonian newspaper to have been banned at the same time in Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Greece for most of the 20th Century.

The Macedonian Tribune has always been a newspaper of unquestionable integrity, supported exclusively by subscriptions and the donations of time, funds, and effort by countless numbers of Macedonian-Americans and Macedonian-Canadians and published by an all-volunteer editorial staff.

Today, the Macedonian Tribune is modern newspaper focused on Macedonian-Americans and Macedonian-Canadians, the Republic of Macedonia and its continuing development as a modern democratic European state, the plight of oppressed Macedonian minorities in Bulgaria and Greece, Macedonian art, music, and culture, and Macedonian events, activities, programs, and efforts throughout the United States and Canada.
    I have to ask the question, how the hell are Bulgarized Macedonians even allowed to come close to any leadership position when the above is the official view of the MPO?

Appreciate any information.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

SoM,

I wouldn't expect much from an organisation (particularly one that has been around for so long) that cannot clearly articulate what it stands for. Even less so from an organisation which tries to be everything to everyone.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Vangelovski,

If they came out and made a clear declaration of their Macedonian identity as an organisation, would it change your opinion?

Have you heard much about them in Australia?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

I haven't heard anything about them being active in Australia.

Even if they did that, there have been many contradictory statements and actions over the years - can you really trust people who 'blow around with the wind'? People who have no firm convictions?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

They tried in Australia, they didn't last long.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Does that old Macedonian church in Melbourne that is now used by the 1,000 recent Bulgars immigrants in the state have anything to do with them?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I reckon they are pure Macedonians that somehow think the Bulgarian church is the only real church for them. What they do not understand is that the Greek church played the same game with Macedonians and did a splendid job of applying "Christian guilt" to achieve their objective, namely eradication of the Macedonian identity.

The MPO is a fading organisation that serves no present purpose. It should back OMO Ilinden in order to gain some new credibility.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

They use to be active in Melbourne and Adelaide, however didn't last too long as Rogi stated.

George Lebamoff few years ago wrote a letter of protest against the Republic of Macedonia, a candidate for MP from DRUM (Dosta Dimovska's party) was arrested and MPO protested against this and blamed Macedonia because he declares himself a Macedonian Bulgarian.

check the above PDF letter file.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

How can Lebamoff write such a letter while the MPO website makes reference to the plight of oppressed Macedonian minorities in Bulgaria and Greece?

If there is an oppressed Macedonian minority in Bulgaria then clearly the Macedonians are not Bulgarians.

Has Lebamoff always been of this persuasion? Has he ever done the right thing by the Macedonian people?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Obviously confused.
                    I am convinced the confusion is done on purpose to ensure maximum potential membership. Many organisations do the same thing to keep the "dumb people" happy.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

My question would be, if the younger generations are seemingly not swayed by the propaganda in existence during their parents' era, why has not one of them stood up and said look, enough with these contradictions and double standards, ili se za Makedonija i Makedoncite ili da se prekrstite kako bugarska organizacija i gotovo.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

It seems as though the MPO have updated the look of their website, it may have something to do with the new lady that holds the leadership (Andrea Alusheff) wishing to give it a fresh image, check:

The mission of the Macedonian Patriotic Organization is to:
                        Continue to work for human, civil and economic rights for all Macedonians of the world
                        Promote and preserve the ethnic traditions, customs and history of our people
                        Promote and develop the cultural and social growth of our youth
                        Promote and strengthen our Organization.
                        They are even promoting the Tanec tour.

Then you have an inflated piece by someone who has sinced passed away about "Macedono-bulgar" history, which contradicts other statements made by the MPO.

The effect of this decision was devastating for all patriotic Macedono-Bulgarians in the United States and Canada who had spared no effort to demand the creation of a free and independent Macedonia. Their hopes dashed, their spirit suppressed, a dangerous wave of apathy and indifference settled over most of our countrymen, and all attempts to keep the organized groups together and hope for another day met with failure and, in some circles, with unnecessary abuse. Patriots and patriotism became words for ridicule.

If the people at the MPO allow such renditions of our history to be promoted officially on their website then it says alot about the organisation and the new leader. The MPO need to come clean and make a solid statement.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

And then they show stories like these about Macedonian refugees during the Greek Civil War.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

People are wearing Macedonian shirts and flags, singing Makedonsko Devojche, etc, at the 2008 MPO Convention. Clarity is in desparate need from the MPO, they must define their stance immediately, the Macedonians need to know they can be counted on.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

One question I have, were some clown to produce a Bulgarian flag or start harping on about anything Bulgarian at the MPO Convention, would he be embraced or have his head rightly knocked off?

Comment

Working...
                              X