Originally posted by julie View Post
    YouTube - Makedonsko devojce

Makedonsko devojce
    How cute is that. Is she for sale ?
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

These are the children of early 20th century Macedonia immigrants in Izmir, Turkey;

YouTube - Üsküp Yöresi - Düz Ağır

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

mail2onur. that is amazing.
        Couple of questions, firstly, are there many Macedonians living in Turkey.
        and secondly, are you Macedonian?

you dont have to answer, no answer would be in the affirmative.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
          mail2onur. that is amazing.
          Couple of questions, firstly, are there many Macedonians living in Turkey.
          and secondly, are you Macedonian?

you dont have to answer, no answer would be in the affirmative.

Ofc I can answer, why i shouldn't?

I checked the website of Macedonia immigrants association to give you a proper answer. It says that there were around 300.000 muslim people(All could speak Macedonian and Turkish) at Macedonia around 1948s and 200.000 of them migrated to Turkey between 1948...1967 because of the opposition of communist regime and oppression of Bulgars around that time. Also there was immigrants who came to Turkey between 1900...1950 but its difficult to determine their exact population.

Only one of the Macedonia immigrants association in the city of Izmir says they have 50.000+ registered members.

About me;
          I really don't know for sure. My parents was from Petrich and they migrated here at 1924. I remember that my grandma could speak Macedonian and Turkish but this is not an indication of anything. They were probably Turkish or half Turkish&Macedonian since it wasn't that uncommon thing 90 years ago.

Also we don't regret something like this here since even the founder of our Republic, Ataturk is half Turkish&Macedonian. Also about %30 of Turkey`s population are Balkan immigrants like that.

So, having multi-cultural heritage is not something to hide here, we are even proud of it. Maybe this is a heritage of the Empire days to us, i dont know.
          Last edited by Onur; 04-11-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

cheers Brat
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by mail2onur View Post
              These are the children of early 20th century Macedonia immigrants in Izmir, Turkey;

YouTube - Üsküp Yöresi - Düz Ağır

check for umucanserbest (<--- click )channel on you tube, that guy is from some Folklor association, he has great videos , i almost cried watching / reading some of the video´s and comments.

Svadba Makedonska
              Makedonsko Devojce

and many other dances and songs...
              Bratot:
              Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The point I made earlier on this thread should not be forgotten:
                There are several Macedonian songs that are sung with Greek words in those parts (Kostur, Lerin, etc) or played with no words at all. Of course, you ask the average Greek and these songs are 'pure' Greek, yet, sometimes I look at the Irish and I think about the dozens of patriotic Irish songs they have which they sing in the English language rather than Gaelic, and still you will find no englishman claiming these songs to be for the glory of angloism.
                Bill, here is another thread I had started that has a similar topic and theme, at least this way all of the relevant information can be interconnected:

This thread will be in relation to traditional Macedonian folk songs that have been among the culture of the Macedonian people for many years. In many traditional songs there is a story to be told, each has its unique spirit and lesson to be learned, and the reality of the times is certainly reflected in the sentiments
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Makedonci od Izmir. srce mi se izradva. da sve zivi nashi makedonci brajka i sestri vo Izmir Turcija. xxoo

YouTube - Makedonsko devojce od Ä°zmir Karsiyaka

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Thats beautiful Bill

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Makedonci od Izmir. srce mi se izradva. da sve zivi nashi makedonci brajka i sestri vo Izmir Turcija. xxoo

These people are probably the children of 1950s immigrants. They teach Macedonian to their kids and most of them can speak Macedonian.

About ~170.000 people came to Turkey at that time(4th big wave of immigration from Macedonia). Most of them living in Izmir now.
                      Last edited by Onur; 05-02-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I vote for Makedonsko Devojce as our national anthem.
                        (today)

Tomorrow it will be another song.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I vote for Makedonsko Devojce as our national anthem.
                          (today)

Tomorrow it will be another song.
                          That song is equivilent to what Waltzing Matilda is for Australia. An unoficial National anthem. I bet more people have heard and know the words to Makedonsko Devojce than the actual anthem it self. lol.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                            • Apr 2010

This song makes me swell up and tear up with pride everytime!
                            Makedoncite se borat
                            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• cagoro
                              • May 2010

guys heres an all time favourite in my eyes, im pretty sure this song was first heard at olympic park in melbourne when it was prestons 2oth or 30th anniversary against sydney olympic, the whole stadium erupted!
                              i hope use enjoy it

YouTube - Smilja Andonovska-Edna komitska

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cagoro View Post
                                guys heres an all time favourite in my eyes, im pretty sure this song was first heard at olympic park in melbourne when it was prestons 2oth or 30th anniversary against sydney olympic, the whole stadium erupted!
                                i hope use enjoy it

YouTube - Smilja Andonovska-Edna komitska
                                Nice song

and welcome to the forum Cagoro!
                                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
                                X