X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mastika
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Mastika, You see Macedonia is a country thats been around for thousands of years it wasnt found and formed 200-300 years ago like Australia and USA. Its not like these people migrated yesterday they have been around for so long that America and Australia wernt even on the map. We all know eachother, we've lived together for so long and now you are here giving me a lesson on how we should call them when we've lived together for over 1000 years? You can say that in Australia or USA where there are 170 different nationalities and races that emigrated 30-40 years ago but not to people who have been living in Macedonia for much longer.
    We are not living in the 11th century. Racism today is unnaceptable. We as a society have chosen to change. Just coz we have lived together for 1000 years doesnt mean you can continue the thousand year old practise of Racism. Clearly you are missing the point here. In 2010 the term "Gypsies" is offensive.

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Boge View Post
      Shit...!!! So you're not the pig headed racist chavka who grovels to tinkachi after all.
      Boge, stop it!
      Told you Phoenix is a good guy, and I dont lie!

Time you apologised to him
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Come on Julie dont be like that, why do we need to walk on egg shells seriously? You have been very good to me the last thing i want to do is upset you.
        If they tell you its offensive to them, you need to respect that TODAY, 1000 years ago , 100 years ago, makes no difference. You want the right to self determination as a Macedonian? The right to call yourself waht you want to be called? Then you need to learn and stop being a judgemental hypocrite.
        And think about karma
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          prolet, what fathers and grandfathers called them doesn't make it right...infact thats the root of the problem, that these attitudes are so deeply rooted in our/their society...
          Phoenix, They called eachother those names its not like our people made it up over night.

True but 50 years ago the Macedonians in Greece were called Greek and they still are
          Jankovska, Before 1988 if you mentioned the word Macedonia in Greece you would be arrested ask our people in Egejska Makedonija if you dont believe me.

Julie, You can call me any name you like, i wont write anything bad about you.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Phoenix, They called eachother those names its not like our people made it up over night.

Jankovska, Before 1988 if you mentioned the word Macedonia in Greece you would be arrested ask our people in Egejska Makedonija if you dont believe me.

You don't get the point. Basic human right is to be called whatever makes you happy. If you want your rights respected you should respect others too.

Comment

• Boge
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
              Boge, stop it!
              Told you Phoenix is a good guy, and I dont lie!

Time you apologised to him
              Kako da ne. She owes me big time

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Prolet, you can write whatever you like about me, am not bothered what people think of me or if I am liked or disliked. I will always speak my mind and be open and honest and speak my truth.
                My 3 sons would be dismayed to hear you disrespect the Romi.
                I have brought them up with values, morals and integrity and to respect all people. As equals. You are not superior to the Romi. Nor are you inferior.
                I dont care and dont give a flying poo poo what anyone says or does about me, because I know the person I am, and try to be.
                You, on the other hand, feel superior and judge everyone for the sake of 1 or 2 incidences.
                How can you expect people to respect you when you deny them their own basic human rights?

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Kako da ne. She owes me big time
                  Abre, oti , zashto ne?

Comment

• Boge
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Abre, oti , zashto ne?
                    Taa nekako ne e so site.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Pheonix e zhena? abre ne e toa vistina. Pheonix e mashko

Comment

• Boge
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Pheonix e zhena? abre ne e toa vistina. Pheonix e mashko
                        Eeehh, sega me zaebavas. What man would choose a female word for themselves

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

Eeehh, sega me zaebavas. What man would choose a female word for themselves
                          Boge Pheonix is not a female or male word, and he is defintely male

Comment

• Boge
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

Boge Pheonix is not a female or male word, and he is defintely male
                            Man you say Julie! Ok I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Phoenix. Mate I’m just having a bit of a dig. (This means having some fun in Australian, just incase you’re from Sweden or somewhere up north where Santa lives)

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                              • Jan 2009

I have a great deal of respect for the Roma that are from Macedonia. Most of them are not anti-macedonian and even some are patriotic and loyal to the state, which I greatly admire. We are lucky that we don’t have the bad type of roma that exist in say places like Hungary, Czech republic and Italy, who are literally at war with those states and are all big time gangsters in those countries.

Im not really sure you can integrate Roma people into the “western style” of lifestyle and way of living. It’s their culture and way of life to be nomadic and live the “gypsie life”.
                              Even in Australia most of the Roma people I know don’t really like working for other people and sticking to normal 9-5 working hours. Most of them I know are people like electricians, handymen etc that do odd cashier jobs here and there. I doubt you can change people who’s way of life and culture is to be loners and nomads.

I think the best thing to do is to leave them alone and let them live how they want to live, but at the same time still support them and give them opportunities in life to do things with their lives. I see a lot of similiararities between the Roma and Australian aborigines. On one hand if you take away Roma kids at a young age and “westernize” them then these kids loose their unique roma culture and way of life and you could be branded as racist by the Roma, but on the other hand you will be giving these kids a education and a “better” lifestyle. It’s a tough one.

There is no secret that in Macedonia the majority of the Macedonian citizens look at roma as dirty people and as petty criminals, and this also is causing the roma to be more isolated from every one else. But in saying that I still think the Roma don’t have it any better any where else in Europe. In Macedonia at least they are left to live how they want to, and in some places are allowed to raise the Roma flag. They even have seats in parliament and political parties.
                              Like prolet said in places like Hungary, slovakia, slovenia, Czech republic Italy and germnay they don’t like or tolerate the roma and their “gypsie” way of life. The Roma are treated as scum and are segregated from the white kids. I guess this is why the Roma in those countries are very bad and are organised in a lot of gangs and criminal circles.
                              And perhaps because of this its why the Roma are very proud to be Macedonian and don’t jump in bed with the shiptars.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Man you say Julie! Ok I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Phoenix. Mate I’m just having a bit of a dig. (This means having some fun in Australian, just incase you’re from Sweden or somewhere up north where Santa lives)
                                No problemo Boge, I don't take you seriously in the slightest...

Comment

Working...
                                X