Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

They reckon a lot of the diseases can be cured lwith mind over matter.Those that make it are really like heroes in the true sense of the word.I think people like nolika can inspire others who are in a similar situation not to give up hope or the will to fight whatever they have,A positive attitude is a start the rest is upto the individual to fight it out of their system.
    Last edited by George S.; 01-19-2012, 04:35 AM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• molika
      • Sep 2008

Thanks George, i dont see myself as a heroe? I dont see any other way out of the situation but to survive. Being healthy doesnt really mean a person is happy with life. Being happy is what every living person wants. So, an illness makes one sick but not unhappy.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

a hero over the disease rather than some battle of conventional means.It's a battle if you beat it you are some kind of a hero.I had a friend who died of ewing sarcoma he had it when he was 6 & died at 11.But he tfought to the end.I think the positive spirit of fighting against the disease is like mind over matter.He was born with a cromosonal defect how unlucky can one get.But he was very positive in every way in the end the doctors could do so much with therapy & the cancer was so agressive the one tha attacks the softissue.He died from comlications like pneumonia with fluid in his lungs.THe most the doctors gave him was 6months to 2 years.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-20-2012, 01:29 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

IT should go without saying that claims made in his dying days by police hero John Kapetanovski must be properly investigated.

But the sad fact is they may not be under the fragmented anti-corruption system that exists in Victoria today.

The former detective has made serious allegations to the Ombudsman against Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Graham Ashton.

His allegations highlight the need for not just a Victorian Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission, but for one with more powers than the one we are about to get.

Mr Kapetanovski had to take his allegations to the Ombudsman because the IBAC, which was supposed to be operating last July, is still not up and running.

The problem with taking the allegations to the Ombudsman is that they relate to Mr Ashton's time as deputy director of the Office of Police Integrity.

Mr Ashton's boss at the time was OPI director George Brouwer, who, bizarrely, also held the position of Ombudsman at the same time he was running the OPI.

Mr Brouwer is still the Ombudsman, meaning his office is investigating claims made against a man who was Mr Brouwer's deputy and which were allegedly committed during the time Mr Brouwer headed up the OPI.

That has conflict of interest written all over it.

The other problem is that even if the IBAC starts work later this year it is unlikely it could take over investigating the Kapetanovski claims.

That's because the allegations relate to alleged misconduct and as the legislation stands at present the IBAC will not touch such allegations.

For the IBAC to be hamstrung with such a narrow definition of what it can and can't probe is a disgrace that needs fixing.

The Baillieu Government promised Victorians a corruption-busting, one-stop shop which would investigate allegations against politicians, judges, police, local government officials and public servants - what they are getting is a long way short of that.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
          X