X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dats
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
    Chinese even build their great wall because of the disputes with the Huns, the one and only human made structure visible from space!!!
    What about roads and cities?

Long-held common belief holds that the Great Wall of China is the only man-made object visible from the moon.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Here is a comparison between Japanese and Turkish as part of the Altaic theory:

What is that? (Engl.)
      Sore wa nan desu ka? (Japn.)
      Şu ne dir ki? (Turk.)
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Onur
        Chinese even build their great wall because of the disputes with the Huns, the one and only human made structure visible from space!!!
        Disputes ? They had built it to keep your marauding hordes away from civilisation. To our detriment of course. I wonder how it would of been if the that wall never existed.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

You have a funny of way of connecting historical events.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Here is a comparison between Japanese and Turkish as part of the Altaic theory:

What is that? (Engl.)
            Sore wa nan desu ka? (Japn.)
            Şu ne dir ki? (Turk.)
            Thanks for the link. I didn't know that Japanese also had these words but i didn't see these words for the first time in a comparison list of Uralic/Altaic languages. Most of these words are coming from Sumerian of 3500-2000 BC and these words also exists in today`s Hungarian, Mongolian, Finnish, Estonian and some even exists in Etruscan too. The root is Sumerian as discovered from Sumerian tablets. You can see from this article written by Hungarian linguist;

Check Hungarian - Turkish comparison section and read the Sumerian equivalents of it. Nearly all common Hungarian-Turkish words are coming from Sumerian like the examples in your wikipedia link as "tepe, kazan, yamac, tas, kes". These words exists in Hungarian too;
            Originally posted by Onur View Post
            English; I have a lot of small yellow apples in my pocket

Turkish; Cebimde cok kucuk sari elma var

Hungarian; Zsebemben sok kicsi sarga alma van

English - Turkish - Hungarian
            Whose book - Kimin kitabi - Kinek könyve
            Who - Kim - Ki
            Many - Cok - Sok
            Little - kucuk - kicsi
            With whom - Kiminle - Kivel

Apple - elma - alma
            My apple - elma(m) - alma(m)
            My apples - elma(larim) - alma(im)

http://member.melbpc.org.au/~tmajlath/turkic1.html

There are some Sumerian examples in slavic languages too like Bulgarian "obicham" Turkish "opucem", "kuche, kuce, eth, ith" Turkish "kuchu, it", "hayduk, ayduk" turkish "haydut". I cant remember some examples but there are words like these in Russian too.

I think the word in my quote above is common in all Altaic/Uralic/Slavic languages; English "pocket", Turkish ceb, in altaic, slavic, uralic languages, it`s "djeb, zseb, dzhop, dzeb". It should be a Sumerian word. There are many more like this.

This connection is surely not related with Ottoman era, it has roots from much earlier time.
            Last edited by Onur; 11-22-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X