X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Alexander statue arrived in Skopje

Alexander the Great, this seems to be a leaked picture...

Where he will be erected

What a grand and glorious day this will be for the Macedonian nation!

Last edited by Volk; 04-15-2011, 09:57 AM.
    Makedonija vo Srce
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

awsome hope they choke in greece!
    Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
      Your mentality is all wrong, who cares about the greeks, this is a momentous occasion for Macedonians. We are finally reclaiming what is rightfully ours.
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Volk for once i have to agree with you.Who cares if the greeks protest/
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
          Your mentality is all wrong, who cares about the greeks, this is a momentous occasion for Macedonians. We are finally reclaiming what is rightfully ours.
          No were're not. Haven't you been reading the Government's announcements? Have you been ignoring all those posts from people here reminding you of them? The Macedonian Government considers them to be shared regional figures, not Macedonians.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
            Volk is right. Don't equate being pro-Macedonian automatically with being anti-Greek, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You, Makedonetz, are still a shady character, and I am still not convinced of your intentions here, or if you're even Macedonian. For all we know you could be just another Greek pretending to be a Macedonian and trying to make us look stupid.
            Originally posted by Volk
            We are finally reclaiming what is rightfully ours.
            I agree with the point made by Tom, there are clear examples where government figures have tried to portray Alexander a worldly figure (which he was) and our right to erect his statues on that basis - and not because he was a Macedonian, and we are Macedonians. DPNE is an interesting variety of 'patriots' - plastic patriots, closet patriots, former patriots, etc.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Here is hoping the Kutlesh Sonce is not erased from the statue if the symbol is at its base
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                I agree with the point made by Tom, there are clear examples where government figures have tried to portray Alexander a worldly figure (which he was) and our right to erect his statues on that basis - and not because he was a Macedonian, and we are Macedonians. DPNE is an interesting variety of 'patriots' - plastic patriots, closet patriots, former patriots, etc.
                I am aware of the statements made by the government, they are aimed at the IC to show that we are not nationalistic but 'worldly'. This is the wrongs stance in my opinion but this kind of one voice for the IC and one for the domestic public seems to be a trademark for the government.

For me the statue of Alexander in Skopje will be just that, the Macedonian people reclaiming all of our glorious history. This is backed up by the airport. When one arrives in Macedonia they are immediately reminded of Alexander and when they arrive in the Centar this is reinforced on a grand scale.

Regardless of what a government can say (gligorov ect) politicians come and go but monumental statues like this send a much more powerful internal and external message, much more than any temporary politicians misdirected statement...
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

I am aware of the statements made by the government, they are aimed at the IC to show that we are not nationalistic but 'worldly'. This is the wrongs stance in my opinion but this kind of one voice for the IC and one for the domestic public seems to be a trademark for the government.
                  Can you tell me what the 'voice' of the government sounds like when addressed to the domestic public, and how it differs from their 'voice' to the IC, with respect to this issue? Macedonia isn't situated in a cocoon, what is said in the country is heard outside of it, and vice versa. This multiple 'stance' you're referring would be a clear case of closet 'patriotism' - talk big in front of your own people, only to shrink into a pathetic specimen of a human being when faced by foreign detractors. No consistency, no principle, no integrity. I don't want to whisper 'Macedonia' and bow my head when in the presence of foreigners, I want to say it loud and proud. And I want to say our history is here because it is Macedonian, not because it is 'worldly'.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Can you tell me what the 'voice' of the government sounds like when addressed to the domestic public, and how it differs from their 'voice' to the IC, with respect to this issue? Macedonia isn't situated in a cocoon, what is said in the country is heard outside of it, and vice versa. This multiple 'stance' you're referring would be a clear case of closet 'patriotism' - talk big in front of your own people, only to shrink into a pathetic specimen of a human being when faced by foreign detractors. No consistency, no principle, no integrity. I don't want to whisper 'Macedonia' and bow my head when in the presence of foreigners, I want to say it loud and proud. And I want to say our history is here because it is Macedonian, not because it is 'worldly'.
                    I dont disagree with you there SOM...

What do you think this statue symbolizes for the Macedonian people in the republic and throughout the world?
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Volk, we both know that these statues symbolise something special and unique for the history of the Macedonian people. However, when we put things into perspective and look at all of the government's actions, like taking Greece to court for not accepting us as 'fyrom', I would prefer no statues at all so long as our integrity remains in tact, rather than statues in tact and our integrity in ruins.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

What do you think this statue symbolizes for the Macedonian people in the republic and throughout the world?
                        It is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to gain some "patriotic" credibility by DPMNE. While they have betrayed Macedonian sovereignty, freedom and rights, they continue to delude the deluded with a few statues.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          Originally Posted by Volk View Post

It is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to gain some "patriotic" credibility by DPMNE. While they have betrayed Macedonian sovereignty, freedom and rights, they continue to delude the deluded with a few statues.
                          Macedonian Type of Tomb in Varos – Ohrid

Pasko Kuzman

[…]

It is situated in Ohrid, in the old part of town, at the eastern foot of the higher Ohrid hill, within ten metres west of the antique theatre and the Braka Miladinovci street. The architectural configuration is typical of the Macedonian tombs from the Early Antiquity and the Macedonian - Hellenic period.

[.....]

The entrance has typically crafted stone vertical posts, carved in relief, which are raised at an angle and support the overhung relief - carved lintel. The vertical posts rest on an identical stone beam on the floor. The typical structure of this entrance structure is comparative with numerous similar realisations of Macedonian tombs from the end of Early Antiquity and in the Macedonian - Hellenic period, namely from the middle of the 4th century to the middle of the 2nd century BC.

[....]

Списание за Домът,Семейството и Туризма.

IMO, the way history on Macedonian ethnogenisis is taught in schools and OFFICIALLY PROMOTED by the "Macedonian" state, political and media institutions (and any other organisation they can influence politically or via funding), it would be NO DIFFERENT to how the Filip II Makedonski statute in Plovdiv (BG) is viewed by Bulgarians.

Lets ask another question, Volk, how would the Ghegs view "Alexander the Great" statute? Albania and Albanians, as you should know, officially claim Alexander (and, to some extent, ancient Macedonian heritage, too) as their ancestor and a statute that is officially disowned by Macedonian state and educational institutions would make for easy appropriation by others.

How would/should Macedonians view the MPO? How do most Macedonians view Mara Buneva when she is commemorated as a "Bulgaro-Macedonian" (Bulgarian national hero) by anti-Macedonians in Skopje?

Comment

• Volk
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                            It is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to gain some "patriotic" credibility by DPMNE.
                            So by viewing the building of a statue of Alexander the Great in Skopje as "pathetic" (your favorite word) its safe to say you are agaisnt itYes or NO?

Lets ask another question, Volk, how would the Ghegs view "Alexander the Great" statute? Albania and Albanians, as you should know, officially claim Alexander (and, to some extent, ancient Macedonian heritage, too) as their ancestor and a statute that is officially disowned by Macedonian state and educational institutions would make for easy appropriation by others.
                            An official claim is that this theory is being taught in there school systems. Is this the actual case or are you simply assuming?

As far as I know ancient history is being taught in Macedonia including Alexander... Do you have knowledge (proof) to suggest otherwise?
                            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

So by viewing the building of a statue of Alexander the Great in Skopje as "pathetic" (your favorite word) its safe to say you are agaisnt itYes or NO?
                              What is pathetic is DPMNE's attempt to gain patriotic credibility while selling us out in substance. What is pathetic is building a statue AND claiming that its not Macedonian, but a regional hisotric figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X