X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Ștefan Mihăileanu

Ștefan Mihăileanu was a Vlach from Gorna Belica near Struga, born in 1859.

He was assassinated in 1900 in Bucharest by the SMC on orders of Boris Sarafov due to Mihăileanu's negative articles about the organisation.

What is notable about Mihăileanu in the Macedonian context is the Vlach dictionary he wrote in which he refers to the language as Macedo-Romān.

Have linked an image of the dictionary here as I am still unable to post photos directly in the forum:

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
    • Apr 2014

Michael Boiagi published Grammatike Romanike Etoi Makedono-Blachike (Roman or Macedono-Vlach Grammar) in Vienna c. 1813
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
      • Dec 2011

In his impressive Investigations Concering the Romans or so-called Vlachs who Reside Beyond the Danube (1808), written in German and Greek, Constantin Rosa (Rozha), who was born in Bitola, calls the Aromanians Romaioi and asserts that they are descended from the 'palaioi Romanoi (old Romans)'.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
        In his impressive Investigations Concering the Romans or so-called Vlachs who Reside Beyond the Danube (1808), written in German and Greek, Constantin Rosa (Rozha), who was born in Bitola, calls the Aromanians Romaioi and asserts that they are descended from the 'palaioi Romanoi (old Romans)'.

He was saying this at a time when the majority of the Peloponesse were calling themselves the same things.

Comment

Working...
        X