Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you consider the UMD as your representative for the Macedonian Diaspora?
Yes 2 4.35%
No 44 95.65%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #6591
nushevski77

nushevski77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
They have theoretically been a dwindling group, but they infiltrate everywhere.

They come mainly from Lerin-Kostur-Prespa-Bitola region, though some are from other places.
wow my family is from lerin region and even though being from the diaspora ive never heard of them, and Ive never heard of any Macedonian wanna be Bulgarians just the greek ones, also lol whats so appealing about being Bulgarian I can understand the greek ones cause they were forced to assimilate and just never came back.
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #6592
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately people have ulterior motives such as financial gain, ego related, power ambitions, career progression and downright mental illness which drives them. Macedonians are the same every where in this regard, I've seen it in our churches, soccer clubs, business and family. You know the mentality ne chinit pa jas chinam.. all the same crap. True Macedonians are long dead and never to return, the ones that picked up the gun, left their impoverished selo and family and never returned. The rest today will take your soul, your money and if you are not careful I zeneta. So be careful of the Macedonian.
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:29 PM   #6593
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I think we might be glorifying the "True Macedonians". If we met them in real life, they probably would have been as shifty as they come. All of this is nothing more than human nature. The only ones whose intentions can easily be interpreted are the filthy rich and the filthy poor. Everyone else in the middle of all that is just distracted with their own little dramas.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #6594
Pelagonija

Just missing a key attributes which separates them, that is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their cause and bravery? I'd choose and glorify the "shifty" fighter Macedonian. You'd find that the greedy types are less willing to give than take.. I think we shouldn't diminish the sacrifice made by some and throw them in the Same basket as today's mob yes no one is perfect but fighting is also human nature..
Old 09-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #6595
nushevski77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I think we might be glorifying the "True Macedonians". If we met them in real life, they probably would have been as shifty as they come. All of this is nothing more than human nature. The only ones whose intentions can easily be interpreted are the filthy rich and the filthy poor. Everyone else in the middle of all that is just distracted with their own little dramas.
what defines/makes a "true Macedonian"?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #6596
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
what defines/makes a "true Macedonian"?
It's irrelevant. What is more important is the distinction between good and bad Macedonians. True Macedonians are everywhere, doesn't mean they are good for Macedonia.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #6597
Pelagonija

Sorry agreed True Macedonians are everywhere.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #6598
nushevski77

yes I agree as well
Old 09-29-2018, 10:53 PM   #6599
JPMKD

JPMKD is on a distinguished road

Vic,
Thanks for all that recent info! As you know, I was familiar with that church when younger and recall several Macedonian "uprisings". I recall whispers of MPO, usually with a Macedonian or English curse word in from of it. I also recall graffiti in the men's room. Have not been their in decades, did not realize the politics until many years later and am still learning. I just recall we always had Macedonians, Bulgarians , a few "Greeks", and Armenians. (The Greeks didn't speak Greek )We also had a few "Amerikanski" from the surrounding are, which was cool.

I do know that several years ago I heard a story that Mike Ilitich offered them a sum of money to either combine with one of the MOC's or to repair St. Clement. They chose the latter. (Can you confirm or debunk this?). I'd be interested. I always recall hearing MPO in whispers there, but was raised 100% Macedonian. This vote thing is killing me...

Last edited by JPMKD; 09-29-2018 at 11:15 PM.
JPMKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diaspora, macedonian, meto koloski, umd, united, vinozhito