X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    I think this could be the most significant finding related to ancient Macedonian history since the discovery of King Phillip's tomb in 1977
    Looks awesome so far.
    No doubt anything "not helpful" will have been removed already by the usurpers.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
      • Jul 2012

How saddening that a group of Turko Christians that have nothing to do with Macedonia are making these discoveries

Thieves!

Comment

• Dejan
        • Sep 2008

It's a great find, unfortunately the world won't be told the truth about it and us
        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

One question,

The historian Diodorus Siculus reports that Alexander’s widow, the Bactrian princess Roxane, and his posthumous son Alexander IV, were placed under house arrest at Amphipolis by Alexander’s distant relative and successor as Macedonian ruler, Cassander. Also according to Diodorus ........Cassander, recognising the existence of Alexander’s legitimate heir, now 14 years old, as a threat to his own power, had both of them murdered there in 309 BC. Diodorus also points out that the murder of the two was kept secret.

Therefor........why and by whom was such an enormous tumulus erected over the tomb of Roxane.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
            since the discovery of King Phillip's tomb in 1977
            Actually.......it ended up not being the Tomb of King Phillip

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            correct........

Then we have this tainted findings announced, which then ends up in our education system for the likes of Constelation to run around screaming,

"CONSENSUS.......CONSENSUS" each time he is challenged.

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Looks awesome so far.
              Like what? How is it that while a plenty of ancient Macedonian artifacts, inscriptions e.t.c have been discovered so far in excavations in various archaeologocal sites in ROM, there has been never found anything that could be "not helpful" at all to the Greek cause?
              Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
              How saddening that a group of Turko Christians that have nothing to do with Macedonia are making these discoveries
              Come on, don't be so ungrateful! At least these "Turkish Christians" can read and translate ancient Macedonian inscriptions unlike you.
              Thieves!
              Hmm, last time I checked the thief (who was supposed to be an archaeologist) was on the other side of the borders!
              "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
              Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• Agamoi Thytai
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                One question,

The historian Diodorus Siculus reports that Alexander’s widow, the Bactrian princess Roxane, and his posthumous son Alexander IV, were placed under house arrest at Amphipolis by Alexander’s distant relative and successor as Macedonian ruler, Cassander. Also according to Diodorus ........Cassander, recognising the existence of Alexander’s legitimate heir, now 14 years old, as a threat to his own power, had both of them murdered there in 309 BC. Diodorus also points out that the murder of the two was kept secret.

Therefor........why and by whom was such an enormous tumulus erected over the tomb of Roxane.
                By Cassander himself, in order to demonstrate his innocence. He never admitted the assasination of Roxane and her son, instead his followers spread rumors of their sudden death due to some "mysterious disease".
                "What high honour do the Macedonians deserve, who throughout nearly their whole lives are ceaselessly engaged in a struggle with the barbarians for the safety of the Greeks?"
                Polybius, Histories, 9.35

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

s who are the archaeologists and if I remember right aphipolis was garrisoned with Macedonian soldiers and kept a watch on greeks in case they revolted.So put that in perspective.Just rember who is discovering things greeks discovering Macedonian artifacts calling it greek finds.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Agamoi Thytai View Post
                    Come on, don't be so ungrateful! At least these "Turkish Christians" can read and translate ancient Macedonian inscriptions unlike you.
                    The inscriptions are not ancient Macedonian. Or have you done the presently impossible/improbable and discovered the script of the ancient Macedonians, where professionals haven't been able to???
                    You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

We all know this famous statue of the lion at Amphipolis. It turns out that this statue was originally located on top of the burial mound where they are currently excavating.
                      Photo below, and computer generated model of the burial mound and the statue's original location.

The burial mound measures 497m across, with a wall that is 3m high. Although it is almost a complete circle carved in marble, it is built in levels similar to the way an Egyptian pyramid is built.

This is exciting stuff, who knows what treasures lay inside.
                      Last edited by Niko777; 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

BTW archaeologists estimate that they will be inside the tomb in 2-3 weeks

Comment

• Poligiros
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2014

Thieves!
                          Greetings,

That is a defamatory comment about Turko Christians? What about the native Makedoni of the region i.e. Hellenes such as my family? We always made up at least 40% of the population from Ottoman statistics, situated mainly in the southern/eastern regions of Aegean Macedonia.

I have just returned from Aegean Macedonia and more analysis has confirmed my family have been a Hellenic speaking and native in the region for more than 500 years, if not longer?

Amfipolis is situated 80 km north east of my town. I consider myself a Macedonian, ancestors come from the ancient Macedonian precinct of Olynthos and can read ancient Macedonian inscriptions using Greek. These regions have always been populated by Greek Byzantine remnants who were descendants of Macedonian tribe.

I think that more than qualifies my type of Greek ethnicity as Macedonian, much like a Spartan-Greek, Thessalian-Greek, Thracian-Greek.

Can any of you trace the same lineage?

In addition, it was nice to meet people from the Republic enjoying our coastline, without the extreme delusional views.

Finally, in addition to a few family members, my koumbaros' father is a hardline Greek hating RO-Macedonian from Aegean Macedonia. He considers himself Slavic too and believes that ancient Macedonians were the original Slavic speakers and the language spread north. A lot of his points of conversation in Greece this year conclude that the Greek government covers up ancient artifacts found in Aegean Macedonia. The comeback from a local Hellene along the lines, "we are so lazy and incompetent and cant do anything properly, how can we possibly remove and hide all ancient Slavic inscriptions and amazingly replace them with ancient Greek?"

That got a laugh from everyone.

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

Two to three weeks until the tomb is accessed.

I expect official’s from European Archeological societies to make a presence in the area soon.

Has there been any news of Archeological representatives from any other institutes besides the one based in Athens.

I can imagine a discovery of this magnitude in this modern age would be filmed to profit off, is there news of any documentary film crews in the area?

That picture of what seems to be the entrance with the two sphinxes, why do the walls on either side seem to be much smoother than the one covering the entrance; it may have already been looted.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

When the general peace between Cassander, Antigonus, Ptolemy, and Lysimachus put an end to the Third Diadoch War in 311 BC, the peace treaty recognized Alexander IV's rights and explicitly stated that when he came of age he would succeed Cassander as ruler.

Following the treaty, defenders of the Argead dynasty began to declare that Alexander IV should now exercise full power and that a regent was no longer needed.

Cassander had every reason to to command the assassination inorder to secure his rule. He also would have reasons to lie and deny responsibility.

Where did you get your information (Cassander claims of innocence) from, if you don't mind me asking?

I tried searching for it but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Poligiros
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                                Two to three weeks until the tomb is accessed.

That picture of what seems to be the entrance with the two sphinxes, why do the walls on either side seem to be much smoother than the one covering the entrance; it may have already been looted.
                                Most tombs, especially ones that are over 2000 years old have been looted throughout the ages. Likelihood is, on average differing peasant farmers discover that same tomb once every couple of hundred years and take anything of market value at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X