Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikolaj
    • Aug 2014

Anyone here excited for the next season of Vikings? I recommend everyone to watch it!

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

Does anyone kmow how you csn get a film callef
      Karposh partizan zamina.I think it ws about 1965 shown at the movies.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

I recently started watching a series called - 'True Detective'.
        I'm currently half way through Season 1.

Season 2 begins on Foxtel on Monday June 22.

For anyone who has a Foxtel subscription with the ability to use the 'On Demand' feature, take a look at Season 1 when you get a chance.

I think the show is brilliant.
        It stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.
        They play the roles of the detectives in Season 1, trying to solve a satanic influenced murder(s)

The McConaughey role is simply awesome, he plays a really dark and tortured individual, that struggles with his own demons, whilst somehow remaining focused on his job.

We hear about the loss of his young daughter and his subsequent marriage breakdown, the physical and mental fallout of a long spell of working deep undercover as a narco cop and his mental issues as the result of years of substance abuse.

It's an extremely well written series, with seriously deep substance to the crafting of the characters and the overall plot.

I'm only half way through the 8 episodes that make up Season 1 but I can already see the potential for some serious twists in the plot.
        The first 3 episodes set the scene and establishment of the main characters, by episode 4 the action really escalates and I'm looking forward to see where it all heads next.

The storyline is told essentially as a series of flashbacks from a point sometime in the future when the two detectives (Harrelson and McConaughey) are being interview by a couple of external police investigators about the case...Harrelson's character appears pretty much unchanged but McConaughey's is almost unrecognisable from the man we see at the start...

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          I recently started watching a series called - 'True Detective'.
          I'm currently half way through Season 1.

Season 2 begins on Foxtel on Monday June 22.

For anyone who has a Foxtel subscription with the ability to use the 'On Demand' feature, take a look at Season 1 when you get a chance.

I think the show is brilliant.
          It stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.
          They play the roles of the detectives in Season 1, trying to solve a satanic influenced murder(s)

The McConaughey role is simply awesome, he plays a really dark and tortured individual, that struggles with his own demons, whilst somehow remaining focused on his job.

We hear about the loss of his young daughter and his subsequent marriage breakdown, the physical and mental fallout of a long spell of working deep undercover as a narco cop and his mental issues as the result of years of substance abuse.

It's an extremely well written series, with seriously deep substance to the crafting of the characters and the overall plot.

I'm only half way through the 8 episodes that make up Season 1 but I can already see the potential for some serious twists in the plot.
          The first 3 episodes set the scene and establishment of the main characters, by episode 4 the action really escalates and I'm looking forward to see where it all heads next.

The storyline is told essentially as a series of flashbacks from a point sometime in the future when the two detectives (Harrelson and McConaughey) are being interview by a couple of external police investigators about the case...Harrelson's character appears pretty much unchanged but McConaughey's is almost unrecognisable from the man we see at the start...
          Great show Phoenix, I'm sure you'll enjoy the final few episodes too! It's going to be hard to top that season to be honest. The way these type of shows work too is that season 2 is a completely different story-line with different characters. So it's difficult to tell if it's going to be a flop or not, but if the script is half as good then it should be worth watching.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I'm still trying to deal with the last episode of GoT season 5.

I'll have to admit a guilty pleasure lately in the Daredevil series. I've been watching it with one of my sons and find Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk utterly brilliant as a menacing villain.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
              Great show Phoenix, I'm sure you'll enjoy the final few episodes too! It's going to be hard to top that season to be honest. The way these type of shows work too is that season 2 is a completely different story-line with different characters. So it's difficult to tell if it's going to be a flop or not, but if the script is half as good then it should be worth watching.
              EM,

From what I've seen thus far, I agree with you that Season 2 has a lot to live up to.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Anybody seen 'Banshee'...?

Not too bad, the usual formula of violence (although somewhat excessive), nudity, sex scenes, drug use and action...I've found it to be a good little filler series in between watching the Big Guns like 'Mad Men' and 'GoT'

I've also enjoyed 'Ray Donovan'...Jon Voight is brilliant in his role.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Hey did you know that: (link) Game of Thrones season 6 filming to begin in Macedonia

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

I've also enjoyed 'Ray Donovan'...Jon Voight is brilliant in his role.
                    I finished watching Ray Donovan the other day. Went through both seasons in a few weeks. I agree with Jon Voight, he nailed his role. I'm thinking of starting Sons of Anarchy but 7 seasons is a lot to get through.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but Vikings is a pretty decent pick for a low-budget show. I just finished season 3, and overall it's a solid series so far.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

I finished watching Ray Donovan the other day. Went through both seasons in a few weeks. I agree with Jon Voight, he nailed his role. I'm thinking of starting Sons of Anarchy but 7 seasons is a lot to get through.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but Vikings is a pretty decent pick for a low-budget show. I just finished season 3, and overall it's a solid series so far.
                      I don't know if watching TV series is a good idea. Let's say a series is indeed good. Instead of watching 20 episodes of the same (addictive) thing, why not watch 10 good (different) films?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                        I don't know if watching TV series is a good idea. Let's say a series is indeed good. Instead of watching 20 episodes of the same (addictive) thing, why not watch 10 good (different) films?
                        I prefer tv series generally. Instead of it all being over in a matter of hours, you have another episode to look forward to. Especially if it's on once a week. The extended breaks shit me though. I find it easier to just sit down and chuck on an episode rather than an entire movie. That said, don't take me for someone who doesn't like a good movie.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

I thought the soundtrack in 'Ray Donovan' was really good, I always like a good soundtrack to accompany the visuals.

I think the first 4 seasons of SoA were pretty good, after that the writers seemed to have lost a few ideas and the show became a little to predictable and even lame.

I've heard good things about 'Vikings' from a few different friends...I'll check it out on Fox.

I've been enjoying 'Suits' and 'Veep' recently...

I love a good comedy, throw in some darkness, a good dose of suspense and a cutthroat political thriller with a strong human perspective and you've won me over everytime...

'The Eternally Sodomized' - is one worth watching, currently in its 6th Season...a riveting period drama and black comedy centered around 11 million gypsies living well beyond their means, no responsibilities or accountability to anyone but possessing a demented belief that the world owes them something...
                          Get onto it...free to air, every day on any news feed...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

'The Eternally Sodomized' - is one worth watching, currently in its 6th Season...a riveting period drama and black comedy centered around 11 million gypsies living well beyond their means, no responsibilities or accountability to anyone but possessing a demented belief that the world owes them something...
                            in the 7th season their blonde hair dye given to them as part of the Euro integration programme runs out. I can't wait to see what happens next.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

I love that show, I hope it never ends.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                in the 7th season their blonde hair dye given to them as part of the Euro integration programme runs out. I can't wait to see what happens next.
                                I'm hearing that at some stage during the 7th Season they're told that they were adopted...the ubiquitous plate-smashing turns into a huge shit-storm...

Comment

Working...
                                X