Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 01-27-2019, 05:41 PM   #2251
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriB View Post
Thanks for having me over!
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #2252
YuriB

YuriB is on a distinguished road

Ironically, it might be that the Greek government dug its own grave with this deal. Acknowledging that a) there exists a Macedonian language (and thus, people) and b) there is a country called North Macedonia, it follows logically that c) there is a region called South Macedonia (in Greece) that contains (or at least contained) Macedonian people. Then again, nationalism is an expert in creating doublethinking...
YuriB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #2253
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ironically, it might be that the Greek government dug its own grave with this deal. Acknowledging that a) there exists a Macedonian language (and thus, people) and b) there is a country called North Macedonia, it follows logically that c) there is a region called South Macedonia (in Greece) that contains (or at least contained) Macedonian people. Then again, nationalism is an expert in creating doublethinking...
Well put Yuri.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:43 PM   #2254
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for having me over!
Welcome Yuri. Are you Russian or just using a creative username?
Old 01-27-2019, 09:38 PM   #2255
YuriB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Welcome Yuri. Are you Russian or just using a creative username?
Just a creative username.

I am originally from Greece but emmigrated: I wasn't fulfilling all of their nation/religion/family-values requirements! Haha
Old 01-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #2256
Carlin15

Quote:
Just a creative username.

I am originally from Greece but emmigrated: I wasn't fulfilling all of their nation/religion/family-values requirements! Haha
Thanks for sharing. Are you of non-Greek ethnic background?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clashes erupt in Salonica amid protests over Prespa deal:
https://twitter.com/Ruptly/status/1089676993317068800
Old 01-27-2019, 10:42 PM   #2257
YuriB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Are you of non-Greek ethnic background?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clashes erupt in Salonica amid protests over Prespa deal:
https://twitter.com/Ruptly/status/1089676993317068800
To the best of my knowledge, I only have a Greek ethnic background. Regardless, I believe in multiculturalism and I don't agree with how the mainstream Greek culture forces assimilation on anyone who deviates from the "norm". The Macedonian people have suffered from these policies.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:07 PM   #2258
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, I only have a Greek ethnic background. Regardless, I believe in multiculturalism and I don't agree with how the mainstream Greek culture forces assimilation on anyone who deviates from the "norm". The Macedonian people have suffered from these policies.
Welcome to the forum.

Many have suffered from those policies, some more than others.

So what lead you to open an account on this forum, what interests you?
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:02 AM   #2259
Carlin15

https://twitter.com/DimitarBechev/st...15632567754752

Tsipras was born 28 July 1974 in Athens. His mother's family has its roots in a village near Babaeski in an area of Eastern Thrace which was transferred from Turkey to Greece during the 1923 population exchange between Greece and Turkey. His father, Pavlos, was from Epirus and was a contractor of big public works.

URL:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Tsipras
Old 01-28-2019, 12:16 AM   #2260
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You might be sincere. Not all Greeks are completely mad and irrational. Your choice of a slavic sounding name is curious though and suggests a contrived angle to assist with gaining access to posting privileges on the forum. But that's fine. Good start.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote