X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Typical Malakas

I found this funny because this particular grk sounds like every other drone I've bumped into. A typical malaka

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

TM
    Thieving malaka's at that!

6. Pythagoras stole the credit
    In passing, the authors casually assert that the famous Greek mathematician Pythagoras did not actually discover the Pythagorean theorem.

A little digging suggests the formula (a2 + b2 = c2, which describes the relationship between the three sides of a right triangle) was actually known earlier. The Babylonians, for example, seem to have documented the basic idea in ancient mathematical tablets before Pythagoras came on the scene in 570 B.C.
    From Mina, a section of Stephen Hawkings new book!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
      TM
      Thieving malaka's at that!

From Mina, a section of Stephen Hawkings new book!
      Lol thanks for bringing this to our attention makedonche. I like how these modern pretenders harken back to antiquity yet forget recent history of their yayas speaking albanian, macedonian, or turkish.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

TM
        aahhhh I wish I had as many as you!
        Interesting that Hawkings is considered one of the greatest modern day thinkers, only took him a few minutes to work out the thieves, imagine if he put all his energy into diproving all their claims!!!, the comnclusion would be closer to "they never existed" they have been hijacking all other peoples identities as their own for thousands of years! hahahaha!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Mistracona
          Banned
          • Oct 2012

One should take anything he reads in the MINA site with a large spoon of fairy dust.

Undoubtedly, similar intellectual discoveries have been made in different parts of the world by different cultures at different times and even simultaneously. The invention of the lightbulb, the telephone, the airplane, the formation of the theory of evolution were come upon at different points by different people who did not necessarily have contact with each other. No one culture has a monopoly on intellectual insight. It stands to reason that some of the concepts formed by ancient Greek thinkers were also perceived by previous civilizations. The abridged reference from MINA says that Hawkins book states that the theorem we call Pythagorean was also known by earlier cultures. Hawkins does not say that Pythagoras "stole" or even learned about the theorem from watching babylonian TV.

There is nothing to say that Pythagoras did not, like others, conceive of the theorem independently. One essential characteristic of the ancient Greeks is that because of their geographical position they transmitted to the rest of Europe some insights and developments from other cultures (from which the Greeks themselves learned many things) as well as creating a dynamic and influential culture of their own. Humanity is culturally and biologically interlinked.

Comment

• Mistracona
            Banned
            • Oct 2012

Alfred Russel Wallace and Charles Darwin were contemporaries. Employing somewhat similar methods, they each came up independently with the theory of evolution. One neither "borrowed" nor "stole" the idea from the other. It was Wallace's preparation to publish at the Royal Society that spurred Darwin to publish first. Darwin is today credited with the theory, but Wallace's co-discovery is always acknowledged. The two men respected and recognised each other's independent formulation of the theory.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mistracona View Post
              One should take anything he reads in the MINA site with a large spoon of fairy dust.

Undoubtedly, similar intellectual discoveries have been made in different parts of the world by different cultures at different times and even simultaneously. The invention of the lightbulb, the telephone, the airplane, the formation of the theory of evolution were come upon at different points by different people who did not necessarily have contact with each other. No one culture has a monopoly on intellectual insight. It stands to reason that some of the concepts formed by ancient Greek thinkers were also perceived by previous civilizations. The abridged reference from MINA says that Hawkins book states that the theorem we call Pythagorean was also known by earlier cultures. Hawkins does not say that Pythagoras "stole" or even learned about the theorem from watching babylonian TV.

There is nothing to say that Pythagoras did not, like others, conceive of the theorem independently. One essential characteristic of the ancient Greeks is that because of their geographical position they transmitted to the rest of Europe some insights and developments from other cultures (from which the Greeks themselves learned many things) as well as creating a dynamic and influential culture of their own. Humanity is culturally and biologically interlinked.
              Are greeks more European than any other Europeans?

Comment

• Mistracona
                Banned
                • Oct 2012

TrueMacedonian writes: "Are greeks more European than any other Europeans?"

I don't know. I said no such thing and I don't rate "Europeanism", nor do I think it is at all a remotely relevant or rational question. Why do you ask? I suspect you have an answer that you want to tell us.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

who said they are europeans.More like thieves from the sudan.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mistracona
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2012

Respectfully, where does all this bile come from, and what is the point of it? It does give the impression of someone whistling past the graveyard.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

TrueMacedonian writes: "Are greeks more European than any other Europeans?"

I don't know. I said no such thing and I don't rate "Europeanism", nor do I think it is at all a remotely relevant or rational question. Why do you ask? I suspect you have an answer that you want to tell us.
                      I have no answer. I am just wondering Miltiades if you agree with this particular greeks sentiments from what I posted. So do you think the world owes it's
                      Gratitude to you and your kind for the achievements of a race of people from antiquity that have nothing in common with your like? Should we be reminded that your pretended ancestors supposedly gave the world civilization, math, and learning by you pretenders when someone questions the validity of your historical claims?

Comment

• Mistracona
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2012

from The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler, Savannah Paperbacks editon, 1986, NY, New York, Page 128:

Marlow says to himself: "There was nothing in that for me, so I let it pass."

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                          • Aug 2011

Respectfully, where does all this bile come from
                          You can find what George means by ' from the sudan ' in a thread called "Do ancient greeks have african origins",post #151 and see pictures below.
                          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• momce
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2012

no anyone who has been to the greece can tell its total orientalised country...has no relation to europe....greece has been using that ancient constructed history to explain why hasnt done jack shit in the last 2000 years

Comment

• momce
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2012

my view is that the classical culture was an upper class culture anyways all destroyed now and todays greekos are prob descendants of the pygmies and other ethnic groups who were hellenised by the church..prob they have no right to claim classical culture either

Comment

Working...
                              X