Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

Yeah judging by last nights protest anything is possible.

Comment

• Karposh
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Pineapple helps make it sweeter ... So I'm told.
      You're out of control RtG...No filter whatsoever.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

My day job gets a filter. What are we talking about anyway? Something about cucumbers, whatever ... Pineapple is always nice.

Someone else mentioned salty. I'm just here to sweeten things up.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• grtalx
          • Mar 2010

Kompir,

Our diaspora is full of cheerleaders - that is, people who will cheer on an idea or a potential project. But ask them to roll up their sleeves and help out? Then the cheerleaders crawl back into the woodwork.

Comment

• kompir
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by grtalx View Post
            Kompir,

Our diaspora is full of cheerleaders - that is, people who will cheer on an idea or a potential project. But ask them to roll up their sleeves and help out? Then the cheerleaders crawl back into the woodwork.
            Vo pravo si, however there are Macedonians of means in the diaspora that are not only willing to help out, but are able to muster significant resources to that end.
            Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Kompir,

Are you suggesting anything about me? Will you identify yourself?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Kompir,

So are you cheering on the change of name and identity to North Macedonia?, or are you rolling up your sleeves and helping to make it happen?
                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I think gtralex must be too busy saving Macedonia to respond. I wish he would because I'd love to engage with him in some honest dialogue.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    I think gtralex must be too busy saving Macedonia to respond. I wish he would because I'd love to engage with him in some honest dialogue.
                    If he's posting from the republic, then he'll have nothing but scorn for you Risto. Reading many of our RoNM compatriots' comments on YouTube recently regarding the Macedonian diaspora, I'm not really sure how to describe what I was reading: disappointing? hurtful? unnecessary? hateful? surprising?...all of the above? I have no idea to be honest. The utter contempt and hatred they had for Macedonians in the diaspora was shocking. They all ganged up on this one Aussie Macedonian, in one particular video, who naively showed his solidarity with them by making a seemingly innocent comment in a show of support. The avalanche of disgusting and uncalled for vitriol that followed left me speechless. The poor guy tried to defend himself and replied back with, what I thought was dignified, "Am I to blame for being born in Australia?"
                    Only one person out of at least a dozen fuckwits bothered to defend him from the RoNM. And that's only one example. I don't understand why such hatred for us. They are behaving as if we are all to blame for everything that is wrong in Macedonia and for their own personal misfortunes.

Comment

• kompir
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                      If he's posting from the republic, then he'll have nothing but scorn for you Risto. Reading many of our RoNM compatriots' comments on YouTube recently regarding the Macedonian diaspora, I'm not really sure how to describe what I was reading: disappointing? hurtful? unnecessary? hateful? surprising?...all of the above? I have no idea to be honest. The utter contempt and hatred they had for Macedonians in the diaspora was shocking. They all ganged up on this one Aussie Macedonian, in one particular video, who naively showed his solidarity with them by making a seemingly innocent comment in a show of support. The avalanche of disgusting and uncalled for vitriol that followed left me speechless. The poor guy tried to defend himself and replied back with, what I thought was dignified, "Am I to blame for being born in Australia?"
                      Only one person out of at least a dozen fuckwits bothered to defend him from the RoNM. And that's only one example. I don't understand why such hatred for us. They are behaving as if we are all to blame for everything that is wrong in Macedonia and for their own personal misfortunes.
                      Дека не сметаат за богаташи и мy е криво; парите од дрво ги збираме...
                      Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Grtalx claims he is a Macedonian-Australian. But he knows the truth.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

Here's a fun fact, off topic, but related to the last few posts...

The amount of money that the Macedonians (the following may even be true for all citizens) in the Republic of Macedonia pay in tax (i.e. the Tax Revenue) is less than the money sent to Macedonia by the Macedonian Diaspora.

That excludes fundraising events etc that the Diaspora occasionally have like the recent one to fund equipment in the Paediatric clinic in Skopje.

Therefore, you could argue the Macedonians in the Diaspora contribute more to the economy of the Republic of Macedonia, than the Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                            The utter contempt and hatred they had for Macedonians in the diaspora was shocking......I don't understand why such hatred for us. They are behaving as if we are all to blame for everything that is wrong in Macedonia and for their own personal misfortunes.
                            There are many of those miserable dickheads in Macedonia who hate Macedonians from the diaspora. They think they're entitled to something better without actually doing anything to make their own lives better. They can't get past the fact that they live in a Balkan country which is not as prosperous as the countries in the West, and rather than struggling to make things better for themselves they blame others for their own circumstances. Fuck them.

There are many Macedonians who are completely the opposite of such dickheads. Hard-working, decent, respectful, open to exchanging ideas and experiences with their brethren from the diaspora. Both ambitious and realistic. Appreciative of the fact that the diaspora holds the candle in the world for the Macedonian identity and culture whilst the politicians in the only "free" part of Macedonia sell it out. They may not be brazen enough to become martyrs for the cause alone, but if there was that spark and leadership, they would support it.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

I’ve spent a small fortune in that cunt of a place.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                                The amount of money that the Macedonians (the following may even be true for all citizens) in the Republic of Macedonia pay in tax (i.e. the Tax Revenue) is less than the money sent to Macedonia by the Macedonian Diaspora. That excludes fundraising events etc that the Diaspora occasionally have like the recent one to fund equipment in the Paediatric clinic in Skopje.
                                Does it also exclude the money people from the diaspora spend when they visit Macedonia each year in their thousands?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X