• Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    Who are the Bulgarians?

hahahahaha

Look at all the Gjupci
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Dejan
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Thessaloniki View Post
      Well my general impression was that Greek traditional songs from Ionian Islands, Epirus, Macedonia, Thrace and Asia Minor are similar to Italian, Albanian, Slav-Macedonian, Serbian, Bulgarian and Turkish respectively.
      What's this 'slav macedonian' shit buddy? Respect us as what we are, or f**k off!
      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• BigMak
        Banned
        • Jan 2009

Emulation of Ethnic Macedonian culture and greeks claiming it as their own is what the modern greek nation is all about............so whats new here?

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
          Emulation of Ethnic Macedonian culture and greeks claiming it as their own is what the modern greek nation is all about............so whats new here?
          Its sad when they believe there own bullshit.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Well my general impression was that Greek traditional songs from Ionian Islands, Epirus, Macedonia, Thrace and Asia Minor are similar to Italian, Albanian, Slav-Macedonian, Serbian, Bulgarian and Turkish respectively. Occasionally they may be identical or cover-versions of them as you imply.
            We call traditional songs the ones of unknown composer; usually that was up to a few decades before the appearance of discography.
            The song in your video, according to the video, was written in the 1970s, so it may be in traditional style, but it's not traditional. It sounds typical Epirus song to me though I haven't heard it before.
            Though I have Thracian and (Greek) Macedonian ancestry myself I believe Epirus songs are much better, especially the slow and sad ones.

MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Thessaloniki
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
              Well, it is possible. That's why I submitted two, very representative, samples of what we call Greek Macedonian traditional songs. I wanted to hear if they sound close to YOUR songs or not (expecting rather a yes).

Here's a medley of 6 songs (No 1, 2 and 5 are among the most famous here). I hate medleys.

YouTube - Greek Folk Songs (Makedonitika) by Katevas

Last edited by Thessaloniki; 03-01-2010, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Thessaloniki, please understand that Slav-Macedonian is offensive to Macedonians. Read our rules here . If you do this again, you will be banned.
                Try it again Thessalbano-Hellene, I dare you to.

In future, should you wish to distinguish between the Macedonians in Greece and Greece's non-Macedonian citizens that live in the stolen province up north, don't do it at the expense of the (real) Macedonians. You're a geographic Macedonian, just like an ethnic Albanian in the Macedonian republic. Nothing more.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Try it again Thessalbano-Hellene, I dare you to.
                  Dare to try exactly what?

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  In future, should you wish to distinguish between the Macedonians in Greece and Greece's non-Macedonian citizens that live in the stolen province up north, don't do it at the expense of the (real) Macedonians. You're a geographic Macedonian, just like an ethnic Albanian in the Macedonian republic. Nothing more.
                  Uhh... as a Greek Macedonian myself, I certainly do not accept ANY of the 3 or 4 claims hidden inside the above quote. Though this is not exactly the topic about the name issue, the Macedonian identity etc, it's not irrelevant either. Funnily enough, I wasn't even making a statement; on the contrary I was just asking if this music sounds familiar or similar to your music, since it comes from the same area and period.

I would also advise you to act more like an administrator.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Which 3 of the 4 claims don't you accept?
                    Why?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Which 3 of the 4 claims don't you accept?
                      Why?
                      Hmmm...
                      I'm not Thessalbano-Hellene as far as I know (though I'm not sure if that refers to Thessaloniki or Thessaly)
                      Apparently I do find the terms Slav-Macedonians and Greek-Macedonians both precise and the best available in order to distinguish, meaning avoiding misunderstanding.
                      I find nothing common or similar of my situation with what an ethnic Albanian is in your country.
                      I do call myself a Macedonian (a) based on the whole life residence of me and of my parents in Thessaloniki, (b) based on my partial ancestry of my grandparent and grand-grandparents who were Greek Macedonians living in Kozani and Kavala at the end of 19th century. That is indeed geographic since I do not claim to belong in a distinct Macedonian nationality.
                      I don't think Greece stole Macedonia from your people, though I'm well aware of your opinion on the issue and partly respect it.
                      As to who are the real Macedonians, whatever that means, that is the million dollar question.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

The real Macedonians are the ones who simply call themselves "Macedonian" and fought for that name. The rest are pretenders who need to use "Greek Macedonian" or something like that. They are in fact Greeks.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

Actually, we both fight for the name (though not very hard until now). That makes us interested parties, not necessarily real or fake.
                          Edit: Also, we call ourselves simply Macedonians. We use the explanatory Greek Macedonian only in the discussions with you in order to avoid misunderstanding.

Last edited by Thessaloniki; 03-02-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Actualy, when Thessa says Greek/Macedonian, it some how makes sense to me. Because there are no pure Greek and they are all mixed up, They need to be identified as, Greek/Macedonian, Greek/vlach, Greek/albanians etc. The first part is a geographic term/ second part highlites ethnicity. I very much dought that Thessa's is a Macedonian Ethnic though. So by him claiming to be Greek/Macedonia is incorrect and he needs to discover his true roots.

I know of two Greeks, one comes from Egypt the other Cyprus. One will say he is Greek/Egyption the other Greek/Cypriot. Now that is fucked up, what is a Greek

Hey, sometimes i have heard the Maco's down under are labeled as Australian/Macedonians Now we all know that Macedonia was never part of Australia.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Dejan
                              • Sep 2008

No, you need to use 'greek macedonian' with everyone outside of greece because there is already a Macedonian nationality accepted by the majority of the world. You are simply confusing people, and are also being racist towards us Macedonians. I find the term 'slav-macedonians' severely racist when directed towards us Macedonians.

Shouldn't you guys be using 'macedonian greek', seeing as you see yourselves ethnically as greek, and macedonians geographically? You created your own confusion, and stop incorporating us as part of that confusion. You don't need to speak on behalf of us, we'll tell our own story.
                              You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Actually, we both fight for the name (though not very hard until now). That makes us interested parties, not necessarily real or fake.
                                Edit: Also, we call ourselves simply Macedonians. We use the explanatory Greek Macedonian only in the discussions with you in order to avoid misunderstanding.
                                No, you are misleading everyone here. Macedonians fought for a free Macedonia. Greeks (mostly from Crete) fought for a Macedonia to be under Greek rule once upon a time. Can you understand the difference? About the same time as you started renaming your airport in Thessaloniki, you Greeks started claiming everything as Macedonian. This is obvious stuff and I really cannot be bothered arguing about it.

You don't call yourself simply "Macedonians". You call yourself Greek Macedonians everywhere else in the world. Unless you say you are not ethnically Greek.

Are you saying you are not ethnically Greek?
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X