X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Mayor of Whittlesea Emilia Sterjova

Emilia Sterjova, a young Macedonian Australian recently got elected as the youngest Mayor in the history of Australia. She was elected Mayor of Whittlesea in Melbourne.

Barely a month after she got elected, extremist Greeks are already sending her threats and trying their best to get her sacked from her new role.

This came after she attended a Macedonian language graduation and danced the Oro while holding the Macedonian flag

A photo of this was later uploaded to her Facebook page and received huge negative attention from Greek racists who see this as somehow violating the Prespa agreement that we are apparently meant to be following here in Australia as well.

Just to top everything off Emilia got death and rape threats which resulted in her having to hire security for future events.

It's imperative we as a community here in Australia fight against this blatant racism and attack, on not just Emilia but all Macedonians. It was great to hear that many Macedonians were in attendance to support her in the most recent council meeting where the topic was brought up.

The issue seems to be ongoing and will be discussed once again in the council meeting in February.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 12-21-2019, 12:29 AM.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

The person that issued her rape threats was allegedly assaulted following the council meeting the other night.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      The person that issued her rape threats was allegedly assaulted following the council meeting the other night.
      I heard about that, is it confirmed though or false?
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
        Apparently it is true
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Aren't there legal repercussions in Australia for making death threats? If Macedonians know who he/they are then why don't the authorities?

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
            Apparently it is true
            Good to hear. Hope he's eating through a straw in a hospital bed.

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            Aren't there legal repercussions in Australia for making death threats? If Macedonians know who he/they are then why don't the authorities?
            Nah, stuff that. Sounds like the Macos in Melbourne have already dealt with the matter themselves. That's the only way to deal with these types of twisted fucks. Fucking low-life maggots. The "authorities" would just give him/them a slap on the wrist and chalk it down to ethnic rivalry.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              The police identified the person who made rape threats and he was prevented from entering the council chambers, not sure if they did anything else though.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Greek Neo-Nazi attacked by Macedonians in Melbourne

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Greek Neo-Nazi attacked by Macedonians in Melbourne

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...xv9ivGDrrE5vqA

Tensions between local Greek and Macedonian communities are believed to be behind the violent attack of a man at a family-friendly restaurant in Melbourne's north-east last week.
                  LOL so is this type of incident normal at none "family-friendly" restaurants over in aussieland"?

I have mixed feelings about this type of approach. On one hand punching a Greek fascist in the face sounds lovely and I would take a level of self control that I might not even have to stop my self in that situation.

On the other hand this is a terrible way of going about it in terms of actually accomplishing something lasting. What probably should have been done is to create a spectacle around the threats the mayor was receiving. She is a public figure and already attracts attention. Macedonians should have publicized the violent threats against her. Organized volunteer "body guards" to protect her and watch her home. Organized protests against violence. Go to every media outlet and condemn fascist rhetoric and violent threats. You find out who the threat makers are and sick the media on them, get the authorities involved. blah blah blah.

Yes its mind-numbingly boring and takes a little pandering and posturing but in the long run, you look innocent and righteous and people are willing to listen to your plight. The other side is the evil aggressor.

All this has done is make everyone look like a bunch of immigrant thugs who are ruining the western order of things. A mob attacking one person never looks good no matter the justification. Especially of course in a family friendly establishment.

If you want to further the Macedonian cause in the western world then you can't do it through mini violent outbursts. You need to battle on western terms of free speech, right to self determination, and the right to safety. You can be right to hell and back but no one will give you the light of day if you act like this.

For too long Macedonians have taken the low road in this battle with Greeks. We do them a huge favor by reacting this way. We shouldn't engage with them at all,neither physically, nor rhetorically. If you really want to piss off a Greek, hit them where it hurts the most, there EGO. The way you hurt someone who is egocentric is to pretend that they don't exist and that they don't matter. You don't give them the light of day and you carry on with your nose in the air dismissing them as beneath you.

All of the online bickering and chauvinism contests keep our plight in the mud, and that only helps the Greeks. We need our plight to be taken seriously, its in their interests for it to be in the mud. 30 years and we still haven't learned how to counter them.

Stop trying to prove who is more Macedonian, and focus instead on their violent and racist rhetoric in general. Otherwise act as if you pity how small they are and express your regret that they are a nuisance. In response egocentrics will only get even more angry and violent, making it all the more fun to egg them on.

Comment

• Apr 2014

In fairness the community in Melbourne are trying to expose the Greek racism but the media won't have a bar of it, the Greek lobby in the state of Victoria is massive and so they get preference by the media, us Macedonians are thrown to the side and are questioned or interviewed for articles such as these.

As for reporting this person, the police knew who he was as he attempted to enter the council that night but was identified and rejected. I have no idea if the police are actually following up on all the threats he made though.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Those who allegedly assaulted the Greek Neo-Nazi in question have all been indentified as members of the World Macedonian Congress' Victorian branch and all will front court in June.

Comment

• Apr 2014

The dismissal was due to issues she inherited from previous councils; the entire council was sacked, not just her.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by nushevski77
                          Did not know that, from all the outrage I thought it was because she is a Macedonian
                          No. The former Police Commissioner of that council was implicated in collusion with criminal figures during the Ganglands (1990s Melbourne), it really kicked off a lot of drama in the council and there had already been issues of overspending from previous administrations. State government of Victoria had dismissed two other councils before Whittlesea, also due to issues surrounding administration and spending. UMD can paint it whichever way they want, there is no doubt Emilia was discriminated against, but her dismissal had nothing to do with being Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Mostly to do with the previous council.

Comment

• Stevce
                              • Jan 2016

Hi Liberator, I live in Epping. The council was always going to be sacked but the investigation had not finished and they terminated 3 months earlier from what I heard. Due to the fact that Emillia was seen with a photo with the 16 ray sun symbol which outraged the Greeks. They tried to kick her out for that in one of the council meetings. The council was sacked earlier because of this. Greek lobby played a hand in this.

Comment

Working...
                              X