X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
    That's awesome. The grand final is being hosted by Club Marconi next Sunday and it's just a shame this stupid pandemic will prevent a full house of Macedonian supporters turning up. Tickets will be limited and strict rules will be in place to maintain social distancing, etc...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, as most are aware, Rockdale's jersey includes the club's logo - the Macedonian sun with a soccer ball transposed in place of the sun's disc. However, I really like the jersey seen here:

The soccer ball is removed altogether and what is left is just the Macedonian sun. I can only imagine this must be an away strip. In any case, I'll be definitely on the lookout for this jersey the next time I am in Rockdale for my Burek fix.
    Its sad that there will only be a few thousand tickets at most up for grabs! Nonetheless I think we will still be able to get a solid amount of us there on matchday. I'm a loyal Bankstown City Lions supporter and they are my club, but will definitely try my best to get my hands on a ticket and support Ilinden come Sunday. I have been to plenty of their games over the years as well and consider myself a supporter of them too. The last two games have been great atmospheres at Ilinden Sports Centre.

Karposh that jersey that you are talking about was actually their home kit from last season. It was for their 50th anniversary year. You might be able to head down to the club and see if there is any way of getting your hands on one!

Also the game on Sunday might be a bit feisty, the Sydney United supporter group and Rockdale's don't get along, been some incidents past few years. Let's hope the battle is on the pitch in what should be a cracker, Rockdale has been on fire this season, even though it hasn't been a full one.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

Yeah Komiti Sydney and Sydney United Supporters despise eachother
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Chicho Makedonski
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
        Its sad that there will only be a few thousand tickets at most up for grabs! Nonetheless I think we will still be able to get a solid amount of us there on matchday. I'm a loyal Bankstown City Lions supporter and they are my club, but will definitely try my best to get my hands on a ticket and support Ilinden come Sunday. I have been to plenty of their games over the years as well and consider myself a supporter of them too. The last two games have been great atmospheres at Ilinden Sports Centre.

Also the game on Sunday might be a bit feisty, the Sydney United supporter group and Rockdale's don't get along, been some incidents past few years. Let's hope the battle is on the pitch in what should be a cracker, Rockdale has been on fire this season, even though it hasn't been a full one.
        Haha yes, i'm part of the Rockdale supporter group, 'Komiti Sydney' and there is always tension between us and the Sydney United supporter group. Let's hope many Macedonians go to the game to support the great Macedonian football club, Rockdale Ilinden.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

Chicho, being a Komiti member could you explain why Komiti Sydney had died off last few years? The scenes last couple games have been unreal but for most of the last three seasons Komiti Sydney have barely been a presence on the ground. A former Komiti member told me people had lost interest and would rather support the NRL or A-League, what do you reckon?
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Chicho Makedonski
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            Chicho, being a Komiti member could you explain why Komiti Sydney had died off last few years? The scenes last couple games have been unreal but for most of the last three seasons Komiti Sydney have barely been a presence on the ground. A former Komiti member told me people had lost interest and would rather support the NRL or A-League, what do you reckon?
            I haven't been part of it for very long so i haven't noticed any decline. I'm used to getting solid numbers against the Greeks and Croatians but the other games people don't really care about as much due to the fact that the other teams have little to no fan base and the atmosphere isn't as good. I believe Komiti Sydney is slowly growing at the moment and the last few weeks have been a representation of that.

Sure many members stopped supporting for whatever reason but most have been before i joined them so i wouldn't know as to why they stopped. Surely people can support NRL/A-League while also supporting a Macedonian club.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Macedonia reach Euro 2020 - first major tournament in 27-year history

URL:
              North Macedonia book their place at next summers European Championships after play-off win; Hungary seal dramatic win over Iceland; Scotland reach Euros after shootout but Northern Ireland suffer late heartbreak

Veteran forward Goran Pandev scored the decisive goal to send Macedonia to Euro 2020 - the major tournament in their 27-year history.

The 37-year-old - Macedonia's most capped player and all-time leading scorer - flicked the ball home in the 56th minute to see off Georgia in Thursday's play-off final.

The game was perhaps the biggest in the history of two young soccer nations, but no fans were allowed into the 54,000-seater national stadium in Tbilisi because of coronavirus restrictions in Georgia.

ВИДЕО: Скопје слави историја – Македонија е во транс по победата во Грузија:

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Well, that's actually because they have a new rule for all the weakest teams (called 4th category) to have play-offs and one or two of them end up to Euro Finals. That's a weird new policy, the Finals should be for the best... and the hosts.

Comment

• Spirit
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                  Well, that's actually because they have a new rule for all the weakest teams (called 4th category) to have play-offs and one or two of them end up to Euro Finals. That's a weird new policy, the Finals should be for the best... and the hosts.
                  I agree that the finals should be just be for the best and hosts but you just subtlety had to have a go instead of offering congratulations, idiot

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Well you're right. Congratulations!!

I still remember Greece's first time (in Euro 1980) when I was a child and we were very decent though having two defeats (0-1 by Netherlands and 1-3 by Czechoslovakia) and one draw (0-0 with West Germany).

The second time it was a World Cup (in 1994 when I was a student) and it was the worst disaster one can think of. I believe we were (by far) the worst team of the Finals.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                      Macedonia reach Euro 2020 - first major tournament in 27-year history
                      The supporters should use every game in that tournament as an opportunity to overtly rebel against the detriment that Europe has forced upon Macedonia and to bring shame upon the northadonian government. Here's Zaev the traitor congratulating the players:

Typical doublespeak from that rat. He talks about Macedonian footballers, Macedonian football team, Macedonian history, Macedonian citizens, etc. But to avoid being perceived negatively, he refrained from referring to the fake name of the country and instead referred to it as "our country".
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spirit
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        The supporters should use every game in that tournament as an opportunity to overtly rebel against the detriment that Europe has forced upon Macedonia and to bring shame upon the northadonian government. Here's Zaev the traitor congratulating the players:

Typical doublespeak from that rat. He talks about Macedonian footballers, Macedonian football team, Macedonian history, Macedonian citizens, etc. But to avoid being perceived negatively, he refrained from referring to the fake name of the country and instead referred to it as "our country".
                        I saw that and yes what a double speaking scumbag
                        On another note, that other traitorous northern scumbag Pendarovski has put a complaint about me to Twitter, 5 tweets that I have responded to him are deemed by Twitter to be threatening or wishing ill will or harm towards him, I’ve appealed and have explained that none of my responses to him are any of that, all I have repeatedly called him is a lying northern traitorous weasel, idiot, scumbag and fool and have called him out many times for his traitorous actions and lies, mind you all of my responses have been in Macedonian Cyrillic so obviously he has read them and has put in the complaint as I don’t believe any of Twitter’s admin can read Macedonian Cyrillic, poor little Stevo got his feelings hurt the fucking traitorous northern cry baby

Comment

• Solun
                          • Sep 2012

I haven't heard anyone from UEFA stating they now wish for the 'weakest' nations to attend. But if you believe that to be the case, you should look upon it positively as it means Greece may possibly qualify in future

Comment

• Karposh
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                            I saw that and yes what a double speaking scumbag
                            On another note, that other traitorous northern scumbag Pendarovski has put a complaint about me to Twitter, 5 tweets that I have responded to him are deemed by Twitter to be threatening or wishing ill will or harm towards him, I’ve appealed and have explained that none of my responses to him are any of that, all I have repeatedly called him is a lying northern traitorous weasel, idiot, scumbag and fool and have called him out many times for his traitorous actions and lies, mind you all of my responses have been in Macedonian Cyrillic so obviously he has read them and has put in the complaint as I don’t believe any of Twitter’s admin can read Macedonian Cyrillic, poor little Stevo got his feelings hurt the fucking traitorous northern cry baby
                            What's the worst they can do Spirit? Cancel your Twitter account? Just create another one.

Comment

• Solun
                              • Sep 2012

Now that I think about it I'm sure you are simply reiterating what you just heard on your local news channel. I thought you were smarter than that

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Solun View Post
                                Now that I think about it I'm sure you are simply reiterating what you just heard on your local news channel. I thought you were smarter than that
                                I'm not into sports. Was I wrong? It's a bit complicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X