Parthenon was used as a mosque plus much more....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demos
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    So the heads of the Hellenic Macedonian groups here in Adelaide are not allowed to be "safe keepers" of the Hellenic culture and language due to their obvious fouled history? I know for a fact that their history is not as squeaky clean as you would like it to be.

Here is a funny story for you:

I was at a funeral in a Greek church the other day. An Albanian friend came to pay respects as well (muslim btw) ... well, after he heard the speech from the local Capetano Greco hotshot ... the Albanian came to me and said ... "Man, how did they let that guy speak another language in the Greek church". I laughed and told him that he was speaking Greek but because he natively spoke Macedonian, his Greek sounded like shit (please, don't call it Makedonika ... if you do, you will have to think long and hard about the ridiculous accents our ancestors had when speaking English). He swore to me that he knows what Greek sounds like and he could not understand squat from this guy! We laughed and went on our merry way.

Would Capetano Greco qualify under your strict KKK guidelines?
    And what's your point? I know many immigrants in countries like the US, England, Germany, etc etc who can barely speak the language or speak it with a very heavy accent, yet they seem to be going out of their way to try to be an American, English, German etc.

This has to do with their own inferiority complex (trying very hard to assimiliate) or they actually admire the culture they are trying to adopt.

And even if these Macedonian Greek speakers speak Greek with a heavy accent, so what? Who am I to argue against him on how he feels? He feels Greek and that's all that matters.

I'm not a member of the Nazi party or anything like that to be disqualifying people as Greeks just because they aren't "Aryan" Greeks.

Comment

• Venom
      • Sep 2008

APOLOGIST!!!

You're the biggest fucken tool I've ever seen, dead set.

How much do you get paid for this shit, seriously? Do you think of it yourself or does someone else write it for you?

Does every post have to be a calculated apologetic response?!

Say something of substance, PLEASE, just once!
      Last edited by Venom; 01-29-2009, 04:04 AM.
      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Demos
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
        APOLOGIST!!!

You're the biggest fucken tool I've ever seen, dead set.

How much do you get paid for this shit, seriously? Do you think of it yourself or does someone else write it for you?

Does every post have to be a calculated apologetic response?!

Say something of substance, PLEASE, just once!

Sorry Venom, but I'm not paid by anybody to do this. I wish I was though as this would be a very easy job.

Risto asked me a question and I answered honestly. As I stated before 1 of my uncles is half Macedonian. Do I see him as less of a Greek because he's Macedonian on his mother's side?

The answer is a definite No. You trying to paint me as a Nazi won't work. I don't adhere to Nazi philosophies of racial purity or Aryan doctrines.

Are all Greeks pure racially? Absolutely not. But the majority of Greeks are just that; Greeks. We didn't just wake up one day and start speaking Greek out of the blue if we were as you claim Albanian, Vlach, Romanian, Slav or whatever.

There is a reason why Americans and Australians speak English and not German or Italian. And that's because most of them when those countries were formed were, just that; English through and through.

Are all Americans English today? No, but the majority are ethnically English in decent.

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post

And even if these Macedonian Greek speakers speak Greek with a heavy accent, so what? Who am I to argue against him on how he feels? He feels Greek and that's all that matters.
          Exactly, who are you to go against us and argue about how we feel and question our Identity????

We Feel Macedonian and that is all that matters

Or you are an hypocrit, double face jive????

I guess you Greeks all are!!!!
          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Demos
            Banned
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
            Exactly, who are you to go against us and argue about how we feel and question our Identity????

We Feel Macedonian and that is all that matters

Or you are an hypocrit, double face jive????

I guess you Greeks all are!!!!
            Many Greeks and historians around the world feel that you are usurping Greek history and that is the root cause of the issue. Your attempts to try and disqualify Greeks etc are laughable at best.

No historian takes your arguments with any measure of seriousness. Most people in the world agree with our historical point of view irrespective of what the government is Skopje thinks or is attempting to do.

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

Many Greeks and historians around the world feel that you are usurping Greek history and that is the root cause of the issue. Your attempts to try and disqualify Greeks etc are laughable at best.

No historian takes your arguments with any measure of seriousness. Most people in the world agree with our historical point of view irrespective of what the government is Skopje thinks or is attempting to do.
              Escape in to History and trying to back it up with some alledged support of views,

won't make it different, that you are usurping basic Human rights of self Identification which you claim for your self and for your alledged Macedonians with accent speaking Greeks who before some 90 years spoke only Turkish, as well for your Arvanitika, and Slavophone and Vlachi speaking "Greeks".

You see that makes you hypocrit ..............
              Last edited by makedonin; 01-29-2009, 03:27 PM.
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

What makes you believe Macedonians are usurping Greek history Demos?
                Is it based on your perception that modern Greeks have much to do with the ancient Hellenes?

You keep saying you are a proud race. We are yet to determine why, given that most of your (short) history is fueled by external assistance.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

the historians we are quoting are not macedonians demos, stop confusing the issue, have a look at who we use to reveal the true nature of modern greece, either westerners or neo greeks brave and honest enough to confront their fascist and racist inspired national myhts.

demos why dont you have the balls to post where in greece you are from so we can confirm your hellenic ancestry othewise we wiilll continue to treat you ae a true wannabbe
                  Last edited by osiris; 01-29-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Imagining your an ancient Greek (pagan), doesn't make you one. There is a rigorous process you have to go through before you are designated the title of "ethnic group" and no historian, anthropologist or linguist has been able to say clearly that there is an ethnic group we can call the Greeks.

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                      Imagining your an ancient Greek (pagan), doesn't make you one. There is a rigorous process you have to go through before you are designated the title of "ethnic group" and no historian, anthropologist or linguist has been able to say clearly that there is an ethnic group we can call the Greeks.
                      I can find a million quotes from ancient sources which talk about the Hellenic nation. I can go to any ancient site and read what my ancestors wrote almost 2,000 years ago knowing only modern Greek.

Yet you cannot find 1 inscription in Macedonian prior to the 6th century AD in your so called "native" lands. Even everything which is coming out of the ground at Heraklea, which was the northern most ancient Macedonian city, is written in Greek. A language very foreign and different than the Slavic language which you speak.

Alexander the Great spread Greek language and culture. This is not a theory, but fact based on archaeological evidence.

Now look in the mirror and tell me who is the hack...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I can find a million quotes from ancient sources which talk about the Hellenic nation. I can go to any ancient site and read what my ancestors wrote almost 2,000 years ago knowing only modern Greek.

Yet you cannot find 1 inscription in Macedonian prior to the 6th century AD in your so called "native" lands. .
                        God this is funny.
                        You got it wrong mate ... we cannot find any Slavic inscriptions dating back prior to the 9th century. Yet you said 6th century. We all know they were there for at least those 300 years ... yet nothing written ... my goodness, you sound a little silly now.

Hey, you never know, maybe they all came AFTER Kiril & Metodi because they could finally read the directions.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Demo, how are you going with those 3,000 year old written documents in the Albanian language, you know, the most recent lie you tried to spread but are now running away from?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Demo, how are you going with those 3,000 year olod written documents in the Albanian language, you know, the most recent lie you tried to spread but are now running away from?
                            The same way you're going with showing me 1 document written in Macedonian prior to the Slavic migrations.

Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps neither you, nor the Albanians are natives after all.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Well, well, well, now you are admitting that 'perhaps' you may have been wrong about the Albanians? Lol, well then, perhaps you have been wrong in your assumptions about the Macedonians.

Whatever it is, at least all readers can clearly see how your arguments change to tailor and fit the current manipulation of history, you claim something, you cannot back it up, so you alter your story slightly and commence with the lies again. Its like the trial and error children are taught at school before developing the capability of logical estimation.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Venom
                                • Sep 2008

The same way you're going with showing me 1 document written in Macedonian prior to the Slavic migrations.

Perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps neither you, nor the Albanians are natives after all.
                                Is that like how the greeks are CERTAINLY not natives to the region?
                                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

Working...
                                X