In Antiquity Neither Macedonians and Greeks Considered Macedonians to be Greek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toska
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JJAskiz View Post
    "Beh" is a Maco thing like Greek Gypsies say "Re", like Arabs (Lebo's) say "Uleh" and like Skips (Australians) say "Mate".

LMFAO!

XD
    beh or bre means brother ... brate

different regions, say it differently some say Brah Breh Beh dereiving from Brah(te), B(rat)eh Br(at)eh

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

I thought beh is you.Sho praijsh beh What are YOU doing .No brother thing at all.Beh means you.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        I thought beh is you.Sho praijsh beh What are YOU doing .No brother thing at all.Beh means you.
        Wouldn't you be "ti"? Sho praijs ti ?

Beh is a younger geneation Macedonian Australian thing. It's used in the same way that bro is used. The older generation dont use it in this way though.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Ti or you is the same virtually
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• JJAskiz
            Banned
            • May 2015

I know beh.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

You know that beh Ill add yeh heh beh.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

...........I don't care cause they insult us Macedonians all the time and the only way the Turko-Albanian Greek Gypsies from the Former Turko-Albanian Undemocratic Republic Of Greece (Hell Ass) will learn is if you use the same tactics against them too beh.
                What will they learn? That you're capable of behaving as the same racists as you despise? I'm sure you're smarter than that. Have some class. It will win you more battles and respect.
                I will try and keep some of my comments on the forum clean.
                You should keep most of your comments clean and reserve your colourful terminology for cases where you can't resist the urge to do otherwise because of provocation or some other apparently valid reason.
                Originally posted by Momce Makedonce
                Beh is a younger geneation Macedonian Australian thing. It's used in the same way that bro is used. The older generation dont use it in this way though.
                I'm not sure why people put a 'h' at the end of it when they write it, because when it is said, it's only 'be'. And in my experience, older generations do use it, both in Macedonia and the Diaspora.
                Originally posted by Toska
                beh or bre means brother ... brate

different regions, say it differently some say Brah Breh Beh dereiving from Brah(te), B(rat)eh Br(at)eh
                Not sure of its origin but I haven't heard it being connected to the word 'brother'. Some say it is somehow related to the Greek usages of 'more' (which Macedonians and others also use) and 'vre'.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Toska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  What will they learn? That you're capable of behaving as the same racists as you despise? I'm sure you're smarter than that. Have some class. It will win you more battles and respect.

You should keep most of your comments clean and reserve your colourful terminology for cases where you can't resist the urge to do otherwise because of provocation or some other apparently valid reason.

I'm not sure why people put a 'h' at the end of it when they write it, because when it is said, it's only 'be'. And in my experience, older generations do use it, both in Macedonia and the Diaspora.

Not sure of its origin but I haven't heard it being connected to the word 'brother'. Some say it is somehow related to the Greek usages of 'more' (which Macedonians and others also use) and 'vre'.
                  impossible for it to mean vre, the word beh and bre is used by pretty much all the way to czeck

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                    impossible for it to mean vre, the word beh and bre is used by pretty much all the way to czeck
                    Where we use the letter 'b' they often use 'v', hence Ber vs Veroia, Balkan vs Valkania, Bosna vs Vosnia, Belgrad vs Veligradi, etc. Given that 'bre' and 'vre' basically have the same meaning, why would you think that it is impossible for them to also have a common origin? And why do you put a 'h' at the end of 'be'? I have never heard anybody pronounce it as "бех".
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Toska
                      • Sep 2008

Where we use the letter 'b' they often use 'v', hence Ber vs Veroia, Balkan vs Valkania, Bosna vs Vosnia, Belgrad vs Veligradi, etc. Given that 'bre' and 'vre' basically have the same meaning, why would you think that it is impossible for them to also have a common origin? And why do you put a 'h' at the end of 'be'? I have never heard anybody pronounce it as "бех".
                      phonetically its pronounced beh not be, you say it with a soft h at the end, just if your brain didnt notice how i spelt brate in the previous post you would of known what i was doing to make it easier to understand my theory, you can have your greek theory ill have mine buddy

and its impossible because its used but not just us, but by majority of the slavic speaking countries, i have russian and polish friends that use it

russian gde ti bil bra(h) - where you been brother * they say brother as brate

polish gdsi biles bra(h) - where you been brother * they say bratem as brother

i know alot of macedonians that were born over there and have come to australia and they say kaj si bra(h) shortern the brate and sometimes change from breh brah and beh, which all have the same meaning.
                      Last edited by Toska; 10-06-2015, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Toska View Post
                        phonetically its pronounced beh not be, you say it with a soft h at the end
                        Actually, it's not. And there is no soft 'h' in Macedonian words.
                        just if your brain didnt notice
                        No need to get sensitive. And brains don't notice writing, eyes do.
                        ...how i spelt brate in the previous post you would of known what i was doing to make it easier to understand my theory...
                        Is it your contention that there exists an a > e transition from bra(t) to bre(t), or that there is a loss of '(r)at' from 'brat(e)'? Whichever one it is, can you validate your theory by citing parallel examples for similarly structured words? As a hypothetical example, could a word for 'door' (also a noun like 'brother'), which is 'vrata', ever become 'vreta', 'vra', 'vre', 've' or 'va'. I am genuinely interested in understanding your viewpoint so a serious answer would be appreciated, if you have one.
                        you can have your greek theory ill have mine buddy
                        It isn't a Greek theory. The possibility of the two words being related appears to make some sense from a usage and linguistic perspective.
                        and its impossible because its used but not just us, but by majority of the slavic speaking countries
                        If that is indeed the case, why can't it be a borrowing from Macedonian into Greek?
                        russian gde ti bil bra(h) - where you been brother * they say brother as brate

polish gdsi biles bra(h) - where you been brother * they say bratem as brother
                        Both of them use 'brat' for 'brother'. The words 'brate' or 'bratem' just have different case endings. Perhaps some of them also use the shortened 'bra' in a dialectal or colloquial manner, but I doubt they say it with a 'h' at the end. If you could prove otherwise, please do so.
                        i know alot of macedonians that were born over there and have come to australia and they say kaj si bra(h) shortern the brate
                        Never heard any Macedonians say it that way (certainly not with your 'h') as an alternative to 'kai si bre'. Where in Macedonia were these people from? Maybe by "soft h" you mean some sort of nasal, oral stop or fricative consonant?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

I’ll give you the Greek theory. We use more/vre/re in the same way, so we thought it all come from more (vocative of moros=stupid). The term had originally a negative meaning which is lost now, so more/re/vre doesn’t mean anything specific.

It’s not formal and you can’t use it with a respectable person (maybe you can use it with your mom but not with your boss unless he’s a pal). It also depends on the color of your voice or the rest of the sentence. So picking up the phone and saying “ela re” to your friend means something like “com’on man” or “hey man”.

I also thought that bre instead of vre was how Turkish people use it. Lastly it’s possible that two different words (from different origins) were fused into the same one.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            .....it’s possible that two different words (from different origins) were fused into the same one.
                            Can you elaborate with some examples?

Comment

• JJAskiz
                              Banned
                              • May 2015

Arguing the true history of Macedonians and Macedonia never being Greek Gypsies and never part of Greece (Hell Ass) and being racist back to the anti-Macedonian nationalists I argue politics with online only pisses them off heaps and Trolling them after that by talking about their broke country and their economy only pisses them off even more then before. I love farking around with them anti-Macedonian nationalists online and pissing them off by Trolling them, even if it makes me look like I am going down to the anti-Macedonian nationalists low level (When I'm not) but doing it only to piss the anti-Macedonian nationalists back off online is so worth it and fun beh. Karma is a biatch for the anti-Macedonian nationalists online.

:P
                              Last edited by JJAskiz; 10-06-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

.......being racist back to the anti-Macedonian nationalists I argue politics with online only pisses them off heaps....
                                If you have racist tendencies, don't exhibit them here. That's not what we're about.
                                ....Trolling them after that by talking about their broke country and their economy only pisses them off even more then before.
                                I consider that a waste of time unless you have a specific point in addition to the obvious. Exercise your mind and be more productive for your people. And represent them in a better light. Plenty of other places online you can spend your time behaving like a troll towards Greeks. This isn't one of them.
                                ...even if it makes me look like I am going down to the anti-Macedonian nationalists low level (When I'm not)...
                                Yes, you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X