Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

I adore Egejski classics. Their songs are poetic as in they are aesthetic and brings calm and peace to my heart. Your Nikola Badev and Sarievski classics have the same effect though more depressive but poetic nonetheless.

Badev and Sarievski.... farrrrk that makes me look old.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

My favorite feel good Narodna song of all time

Добри Ставрески - Сношти минав покрај вази

Lambe Alabakoski version is a nice modern version as well
      Last edited by Bill77; 07-01-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Odime, Pejme.

This is from the "Kosturians", a band formed in Indiana, USA in the 1950s. Classic song.

"The Kastorians" were one of the earlier American-Macedonian bands, established in 1953 in the city of Gary, Indiana by a group of young energetic Macedonian...

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Uci me majko performance by two Serbian kids - Bojana and Nebojsa Brdaric.
          Uci, me, majko, Video, by, Bojana, Nebojsa, Brdaric, Myspace

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Song dedicated to Pitu Guli and Macedonia, in the Arman language.

Libertati i ca moarti (Freedom or death)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

PS:

Another version -
            Last edited by Carlin; 08-17-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

"Velat ne nema" for the first time sung in Aegean Macedonia (Voden region)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFVF7s03M1U

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                Song dedicated to Pitu Guli and Macedonia, in the Arman language.

Libertati i ca moarti (Freedom or death)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

PS:

Another version -
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIjcd0NlbY
                I remember seeing Biser Balkanski sun in Vlach a few years back on youtube.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Keeping ethnic Macedonian music traditions alive in Greece. Hrisoula Papadopoulou and Chepkalo Projects.

"What did you speak at home? ... I'll tell you: Macedonian"
                  (It's in Greek and needs translating)

Lovely music, though i'm struggle most parts understanding this dialect. SOM can you help? are there different egejski dialects? if so, i'm usually good with Lerinsko but this is a bit harder for me.

From the 1st appearance at zp87 in AthensSongs from North-Western Greece and beyondKostas Tsarouchis | oudChrysoula Papadopoulou | vocals, guitarKaterina Tzi...

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Keeping ethnic Macedonian music traditions alive in Greece. Hrisoula Papadopoulou and Chepkalo Projects.
                    Great find Bill. They are absolutely phenomenal. I checked out some of their other songs and, this one in particular, caught me by surprise.

A traditional song from the region of Edessa in North-Western Greece.At this project:Vocals | Chrysoula Papadopoulou, Maria Angeli, Aspassia Anagnostopoulou...

I have never heard this song before. It's really heartwarming to see this group undertaking such an important labour of love in preserving these cultural gems from Aegean Macedonia before they are forgotten forever.

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Here's another one especially for you Bill and for all those who appreciate the unique sounds and melodies of Aegean Macedonian music. This version is sung by the golden voice of that Bitolchanka, Aneta Micevska of Molika. She sings it in the original dialect that it was intended to be sung in.

Zabraneto e sekakvo kopiranje, presnimuvanje i javno emituvanje na audio/video i postavuvanje na drugi kanaliwww.balkanmusic.tvProduction: Art Studio,078808919

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                        Great find Bill. They are absolutely phenomenal. I checked out some of their other songs and, this one in particular, caught me by surprise.

A traditional song from the region of Edessa in North-Western Greece.At this project:Vocals | Chrysoula Papadopoulou, Maria Angeli, Aspassia Anagnostopoulou...

I have never heard this song before. It's really heartwarming to see this group undertaking such an important labour of love in preserving these cultural gems from Aegean Macedonia before they are forgotten forever.
                        Thanks Karposh....... what beautiful sounds they produce. I've never heard them before and i'm really enjoying them.

Its amazing sound what old classical Macedonian instruments make compared to modern bands and there electric synthesizers, guitars and drum kits. I think the genre is called Chalgija old urban traditional folk music. i don't care if the instruments have been adopted from the Ottomans..... i'll have the sounds of the simple Tambourine, tarabuka, Lute, violin anytime, it just takes me places back in time.

PS: the video you posted suggests the music is from the region of Voden, so it answers my original question
                        Last edited by Bill77; 06-04-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          I think the genre is called Chalgija old urban traditional folk music. i don't care if the instruments have been adopted from the Ottomans..... i'll have the sounds of the simple Tambourine, tarabuka, Lute, violin anytime, it just takes me places back in time.
                          One name - Tale Ognenovski

Also I agree, it was a beautiful find, for some reason I have found the violin tends to make a more prominent appearance in Aegean songs, particularly ones originating from around Voden, brings out a uniqueness that I really tend to enjoy
                          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                            I remember seeing Biser Balkanski sun in Vlach a few years back on youtube.
                            Is that still on youtube by any chance?

Toshe Proeski, Pero Pare and Filomeni Maja sing Sh-ira noapte, sh-avea luna (One Moonlit Night). Toshe was 12 in this video.

Youtube URL:
                            Toshe Proeski,Pero Pare i Filomeni Maja pevaju jednu od najlepših cincarskih pesama.Snimak iz perioda kada je Toše imao 12 godina.

One Moonlit Night
                            I heard the voice of an Arman (Vlach) woman
                            weeping on her wedding crown

The poor woman cried and screamed
                            and tore the hair from her head
                            she spoke to her young son

“Son if you grow up
                            do not forget your good parents
                            and to the Greci without mercy
                            pay them back twice”

“Mother, if l grow up
                            I will not forget my good parents
                            and to the Greci without mercy
                            I will pay them back ten times”

URL - page 369:

Last edited by Carlin; 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I simply assumed anything sounding like "Arman" was related to the Armenians. Is it really Vlach?
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                I simply assumed anything sounding like "Arman" was related to the Armenians. Is it really Vlach?
                                That's correct, the Vlachs themselves use the endonym "Armăn" (plural "Armăni") etymologically from "Romanus" ("Roman"). A while back I also posted a testimony/discovery where it is mentioned how the inhabitants of medieval "Byzantine Greece" (at a time when Byzantium was simply called Romania) colloquially referred to their country as Armania.

The term "Vlach" is an exonym (the slavicized Meglen Vlachs appear to be a 'recent' exception, as they call themselves Vlasi).

For example, the Polish people even today refer to Italians as "Vlachs"; i.e. Italy is Republika Włoska and Italians are Włochy.

Comment

Working...
                                X