X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redsun
    • Jul 2013

Folk sheet music

Can anyone here advise me on how I could obtain Macedonian sheet music, I thought I could get it off the internet but there is none.

Has anyone seen this http://www.8notes.com/scores/9814.asp ( makedonsko devojce) Why is it written in G-Clef, I think its C, Tell me I'm wrong.

I'm really interested in Zemja Makedonija

Someone must have it, If you could scan it and upload it ill be more than grateful I would love to start the New year playing this song.

I would be happy with any Macedonian sheet music thank you.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

apart from what's on the internet.HOw about Balkan music record /tape cd music stores.How about places where the teach you maso music playing.Get the Macedonian imenik book with advertizers look under music musicians will give you the places where you can buy sheet music.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
      • Jul 2013

George I don't have access to Balkan music store or know of any Macedonian musicians like there would be in Sydney or Melbourne. There is only 3 music stores around where I live and they don't sell any music that I want to play. I don't live near a big city I live far far away. Guess I got my answer though I have to wait until the next time I visit Sydney. That is a kick in the bum, this will be some time, I don't understand why no one has attempted to upload Macedonian sheet music before. I can find traditional sheet music from everywhere else and nothing from Macedonia this is lazy. I hope there is a Macedonian music store in Sydney when I go up, It would feel foolish giving money to a non Macedonian for Macedonian sheet music.

Thank you George

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

you should be able to order it with a credit card,etc cheque.etc.If you know their name ring them up if they have your sheet music get that.
        I told you about the Macedonian directories "mactel.com.au" look up nder music,bands,musicians.They'll tell you where they get it.They may let you have it for free.go get it sunshine.Also we are all starting to get the sheets thanks to you red sun ,just kidding.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-03-2014, 08:05 AM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Here's a link to 1000 songs. I posted it in another topic, which has an additional link.
          *And to give credit, my uncle Goce uploaded all these songs...someone not too lazy to put Mak music on the web

Included is sheet music, as well as chords for guitars/pianos to support the main melody. Also included is a table for pronouncing Macedonian titles and lyrics of the songs, as all text is written in Kirilica. This is an absolutely invaluable resource for us to help spread our culture and make it more accessible to

As for newer folk songs (post-1960s), they are under copyright protection, so I doubt you'd be able to find them for free on the internet. Your best best is getting someone from Macedonia to buy you music books (if they are available). Otherwise, learn how to transcribe!
          Last edited by vicsinad; 01-02-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Redsun View Post

Has anyone seen this http://www.8notes.com/scores/9814.asp ( makedonsko devojce) Why is it written in G-Clef, I think its C, Tell me I'm wrong.
            As far as that version of Makedonsko Devojce, it's actually written in A-minor. If you look to the last note of a song, it usually tells you what key the piece is in. (If you look at the fourth line, it drops the F# and the rest of the song (the lyrical part) is in the key of A-minor.) There are also some better versions out there on the internet.

Comment

• Redsun
              • Jul 2013

Vicsinad this is more then I expected, For more than 3 months now I have wanted nothing other than this, Thank you very much. I just read that other thread I'm glad you gave me the time, sorry for making you repeat yourself I typed in "sheet music" in the search before but it didn't come up.

992 songs! Your Uncle...I cannot express how grateful I am through this stupid piece of plastic... Absolute Champion. I'm getting started tonight, thank you again I hope you have a good weekend.

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

No problem Redsun! There are other sites too that have some different Macedonian music than the site my Uncle Goce has.

This site you can find a lot of sheet music.

Next to the video picture on the left, there are symbols underneath the name of the song. If you see the symbol with the music notes on a clef, you can click it and get the sheet music for that song. For example, under the song Berkova, you click the music notes and a PDF will appear with the notes.

Here's another link with different songs:

Izvor Music publishes books, CDs, and podcasts of Macedonian and Balkan folk music and produces Balkan folk music concerts. We welcome queries and feedback! Contact us through our web site at https://www.izvormusic.com.

Under the column "entire piece", click Yes to download that song.

Finally, this link is also a big help. It has a lot of oros. The songs are a mix from many different countries. So you have to read the song name and what country it originates from. But there are several good Macedonian ones on here. (Even some that are called Bulgarian but come from the Pirin region).

To get the song you want, just click the blue link that says "pdf".

Have fun...I certainly did

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

I forgot about this one...it has a couple hundred songs. Some of them are hand written copies.

Comment

• Redsun
                    • Jul 2013

I'm really happy you got me started Vicsinad, I was playing really negative fast music for years. Nothing is better than this. I got a few questions on tuning and preference, Ill ask them in private. I wasn't sure if you checked, I thought Id mention it here so you would know. Thank you.

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Hi guys. I have included a link to a free download of 150 Macedonian songs (notes, chords, and lyrics) that I have been working on. These are my personal favorite songs, and this collection is different than the ones I've done previously for LOMA because about 1/3 of them are modern folk songs from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

There is a table of contents, but a sampling of the "newer" songs that are in this include:

-Biser Balkanski
                      -Svadba Golema
                      -Jas Sum Chisto Makedonche
                      -Svadba Tetovska
                      -Tinke Katinke
                      -Zoro Moja Zorice
                      -Tvojte Ochi Sharaat (Ochi Zeleni)
                      -Kate Mori Kato
                      -Zhivot Bez Tebe
                      -Dano Dano Danice
                      -Kade Ste Makedonchinja
                      -Dojdi Mi Leno Na Perniche Belo
                      -Neka Chukaat Tapanite
                      -Zhaklina, Ljubov Moja

And many more. Hope it's useful...and spread it around to those who want the notes for the best of newer and older Mak folk songs!

These are 150 of some of my favorite Macedonian folk songs. This collection includes both new and old folk songs that I notated from listening to songs and examining older sheet music. It also includes 1 song that I wrote. You will find lyrics, notes and chords. Please note that instead of the Cyrillic alphabet I used the Latin alphabet. All mistakes are mine. The songs I chose are some of my favorite to play and listen to. About 1/3 of them are newer folk songs from the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s; another 1/3 are classic Macedonian folk and traditional songs that almost everyone knows from weddings, parties and other festivities; and another 1/3 are lesser-known folk songs but have awesome melodies and/or meaningful and emotional lyrics.

Note: There is one song that I wrote called "Moja Svetlana" that the band played for my wife at our wedding. Along with that song, there are a few other "older" ones that recordings are hard to come by on the internet, as an FYI (if you like to listen along as you play).
                      Last edited by vicsinad; 05-08-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Well done Vic.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

Great stuff! Times like this I wish I kept at it with the clarinet. Perhaps I'll have to make a hobby of it again and learn some of these classics down the track.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Thanks guys! Maybe one day I'll start a requests thread to see if anyone wants a particular song notated.

Comment

• Redsun
                              • Jul 2013

I cant get over the size of this and they are presented in such a clear manner. That would have taken a really long time to put together, that is real dedication.

Thank you Victor, excellent!

Comment

Working...
                              X