X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Dacia

Months ago I came across works by Ion Grumeza. Here's a link to his entire book "Dacia" - http://kresall.files.wordpress.com/2...ter-europe.pdf

on page 84 he states the following:

I don't think Grumeza is right about Philip not knowing Greek. But interesting nonetheless. Here is what he says in another one of his books about Macedonians:

The Roots of Balkanization: Eastern Europe C.E. 500-1500 By Ion Grumeza

What do you all think?
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Struja
    • Sep 2008

No doubt about it! The Macedonian royal house knew how to speak Greek. It was a part of their education system. Like he said in his comments: “Greek was the dominant language of the ancient world”

Most of the monarchies/royal houses knew how to speak a common language, so it no surprising that Thracian, Helene, Epirus, and IIIyrians could understand each other, but for the commoners forget about it they had no idea!

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

the common peole had their own mother touge macedonian.They never needed greek for any reason.Today you got greeks that say oh the macedonians never talked macedonian they talked greek.The whole idea of macedonian's being greek is totally BULLSHIT.
      The macedonian army spoke macedonian.There was no need to speak greek.
      So what do the greeks do is they BS that if the macedonians SPOKE greek then the must have been GREEK.When one looks at the macedonian language that was spoken & has evolved over the centuries one deducts that the two people were different.Language is one difference there are other differences.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
        • Aug 2011

In Terry Jones' "Barbarians" (a series of documentaries about nations that Romans considered barbaric and uncivilized ) there's one episode where I understood that the Dacians were completely wiped out from the face of the Earth by the Roman emperor Trajan sometime around 106 AD.They were traders and literary sitting on goldmines,and Trajan needed to finance his imperial campaign.Most of the forts,artworks etc after that period was built thanks to the Dacian gold.Trajan erected a big column with images of beheaded Dacians to celebrate the genocide over a nation.A very sad story indeed.Poor Dacians.
        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

"Macedonians could trace their history back to the thirteenth century B.C., when they were put on the map by Alexander The Great".
          Really?

I'm sorry, the author of this has no credibility.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
            "Macedonians could trace their history back to the thirteenth century B.C., when they were put on the map by Alexander The Great".
            Really?

I'm sorry, the author of this has no credibility.
            Lol, where the hell did he get thirteenth century B.C from? Anyone could've given something more accurate, even from Wikipedia.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

lol Grumeza is certainly not at the top of his class. Here is a review about Grumeza's book;

I've seen worse written by Macedonians and even worse by grks. This is typically "balkan".
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• damian
                Banned
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                the common peole had their own mother touge macedonian.They never needed greek for any reason.Today you got greeks that say oh the macedonians never talked macedonian they talked greek.The whole idea of macedonian's being greek is totally BULLSHIT.
                The macedonian army spoke macedonian.There was no need to speak greek.
                So what do the greeks do is they BS that if the macedonians SPOKE greek then the must have been GREEK.When one looks at the macedonian language that was spoken & has evolved over the centuries one deducts that the two people were different.Language is one difference there are other differences.
                The greaser elites have to create those myths and ideologies to control everything and provide entertainment and self-esteem to the greece while they continue to steal everyone blind 200 years now.

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

1st Century AD:
                  The Roman general, Aelius Catus, moved 50,000 Dacians into Thracia, which has been considered by some authors as proof that the Romans already had authority over the territory from the south of the lower Danube.

URL:

Comment

Working...
                  X