X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Angliski View Post
    modern Greek historians have an interpretation of Greek history that falls within universally accepted scholarship.
    It was also once universally accepted the world was flat. Infact it was unanimously accepted, till one man decided to prove it wasn't so.

Well regarding the Greek question, we have opinions and evidence from many many men both modern and ancient, that is contrary to what you call universally accepted scholarship.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Angliski.....modern Greek historians have an interpretation of Greek history that falls within universally accepted scholarship..........

if by universal acceptance you mean cutting off funding to English historians if they don't play the greek game, then that is universal acceptance - democratically speaking of course lol
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Yeah i have asked tourists to the athens museum how was it etc etc.they said the greeks ar hiding their macedonian stuff from them there & instead it's all shifted to northern greece.They said heaps of finds are coming from diggings in northern greece & maybe even overseas so they can say they found it
        in "macedonia" where it's needed.Also the locals say it wil keep the rest of greece in the dark about macedonia.So it's got twofold purposes.
        Last edited by George S.; 07-14-2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• N. Panamevris
          Banned
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          It was also once universally accepted the world was flat. Infact it was unanimously accepted, till one man decided to prove it wasn't so.

Well regarding the Greek question, we have opinions and evidence from many many men both modern and ancient, that is contrary to what you call universally accepted scholarship.
          Bill77, who was this "one man" & how did he prove the earth was not flat??? If u cud kindly answer this it wud be great as I'm here to learn.
          Last edited by N. Panamevris; 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• damian
            Banned
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by N. Panamevris View Post
            Bill77, who was this "one man" & how did he prove the earth was not flat??? If u cud kindly answer this it wud be great as I'm here to learn.
            and what relation do modern greece have to ancients? the majority of modern greece are grecophones its a question that haunts their modern psyche do they have any connection to the ancient greece the majority are grecophones and probably a mixture of pregreece peoples...the ancient greece was an anomaly in the area...they are probably one of the boat people discussed in the egyptian chronicles coming from the Levant and North Africa..theres an arguement to be made that they were originally Semites also...Macedonia(especially archaic Macedonia)is obviously different from Greece and any objective scholar will tell you that
            Last edited by damian; 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• N. Panamevris
              Banned
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by damian View Post
              and what relation do modern greece have to ancients? the majority of modern greece are grecophones its a question that haunts their modern psyche do they have any connection to the ancient greece the majority are grecophones and probably a mixture of pregreece peoples...the ancient greece was an anomaly in the area...they are probably one of the boat people discussed in the egyptian chronicles coming from the Levant and North Africa
              Ummm Damian! firstly, this question is for Bill77 but that's ok, you & anybody else are welcome to help me out here but I don't think ur reply qualifies as an answer to my question.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

''Bill77, who was this "one man" & how did he prove the earth was not flat??? If u cud kindly answer this it wud be great as I'm here to learn.""/
                Guys it's proven in the bible in isaih that the earth is not flat but"is the circle of a round earth"So god knows what sotr of planet he has built is a around one.Man has done it to himself spreading the false rumour that the earth is flat.
                Last edited by George S.; 07-30-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: ed
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• N. Panamevris
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                  ''Bill77, who was this "one man" & how did he prove the earth was not flat??? If u cud kindly answer this it wud be great as I'm here to learn.""/
                  Guys it's proven in the bible in isaih that the earth is not flat but"is the circle of a round earth"So god knows what sotr of planet he has built is a around one.Man has done it to himself spreading the false rumour that the earth is flat.
                  I think by "not flat" it's meant to be "a sphere" as something round can still be flat like a plate or disc. The reason I ask is that I can't remember if it was Galileo or Columbus that Bill77 is referring to & more importantly, how it was proven... but thanks for ur insight George S.
                  Last edited by N. Panamevris; 07-30-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

I think it was gallileo as he invented the telescope & used it to scan the heavens he saw the planets were spherical & they all revolved around the sun.So he was in deep do doo with the church authirities who beleived the earth revolved around the sun.
                    I think greek seafarers feared that if they ventured too far ie the ends of the earth they would be eaten by monsters or fall of the earth because they beleived it was flat.I think other explorers didn't take the flat earth seriously & we have evidence that phoenicians came all the way to queensland & even built fortifications there.Also other people landed on the western australian side long before captain cook etc .They knew they weren't going to fall off.
                    Last edited by George S.; 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM. Reason: ed
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• N. Panamevris
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      I think it was gallileo as he invented the telescope & used it to scan the heavens he saw the planets were spherical & they all revolved around the sun.So he was in deep do doo with the church authirities who beleived the earth revolved around the sun.
                      I think greek seafarers feared that if they ventured too far ie the ends of the earth they would be eaten by monsters or fall of the earth because they beleived it was flat.I think other explorers didn't take the flat earth seriously & we have evidence that phoenicians came all the way to queensland & even built fortifications there.Also other people landed on the western australian side long before captain cook etc .They knew they weren't going to fall off.
                      George, it's true that the ancient Greeks along with the rest of the world including the Indians, Chinese Native Americans etc all believed that the earth was flat & not a sphere but it wasn't until the the 6th century BC that the idea of a spherical earth was first developed by Pythagoras, a Greek mathematician etc. How long after this I don't know how & when man spread false rumor's that the earth was indeed flat until the the 16th century when it was again perceived that it was in fact a sphere... but I think Bill is referring to a modern "man" which could well be Galileo, but I'll have to wait & see what Bill has to say about it.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

N. Panamevris, not sure how I missed you when you joined? Are, you Macedonian or Greek?
                        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

there's heaps of astronomers that were proving that the planets & sun did not revolve around the earth.Copernicus,Newton,etc.Galileo galeli used his telescope & proved the planets were all spherical which was all the proof needed.How about when man landed on the moon & could see the earth as a sphere 250,000 kms away.Also prior to tha we had rockets etc reaching orbit & orbiting earth in an eliptical manner.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• N. Panamevris
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2012

On another note George, I see u make reference to "greek" seafarers", in particular the word "greek". As I've been a long time reader here it's a common belief to the majority of members here that there is no such thing as a Greek or Greece as this country did not exist until 1832 & after. Now, Pythagoras was born in Samos (Aegean island) so how would most of u here refer to him if he's not a Greek as no such thing existed... I hope u can see why I am confused.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by N. Panamevris View Post
                              I hope u can see why I am confused.
                              Do, you believe Macedonia is Athenian?
                              http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Prior to 1832 greece was not called greece but was a number of unified or disunified city
                                states.If you know your history those city states in ancient times were not referred to as greece like a country. Also greece over the years has had a lot of other names,romaika,roman, etc & others.You are spot on how can someone be called a greek when there wsn't a country called greece.They would have been part of the city states.
                                You are right the word greece did not exist before as it is a latin word for dark or black.Until 1832 when the poweres that be created "Greece".So don't be confused as you have to have timeframe. prior to 1832 "Greece "was nothing more than a bunch of city states it wasn't a country.In contrast Macedonia has been known Macedonia since the earliest times it's a kingdom with a king & not related to the city states.
                                Last edited by George S.; 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM. Reason: ed
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X