X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    its amazing how many ideas can come up when everyone put their heads together.
    This is the key Prolet.
    Thanks.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Ensure the freedom for Macedonians to practice their culture, language and religious faiths in all the countries of the International Community without hindrance.
      I have included this in the document.

I have also revised the paragraph under the 5 points, which now looks like this:
      Securing recognition by the International Community of the tragedies endured by the Macedonian people, of the division of Macedonia with the signing of the Treaty of Bucharest on August 10, 1913, and the genocide committed against the Macedonian people at the hands of the Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian states and churches during the 19th and 20th centuries.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Does the Prohor Pcinski region get a mention there?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Edits

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          This thread is solely devoted to our combined efforts in defining the Macedonian Cause. Please post your feedback, additions and changes in this thread. The moderators will edit this first post to include your changes until we have all agreed on a complete, perfect, unwavering and timeless definition of the Macedonian Cause.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Macedonian Cause

Ensuring the Republic of Macedonia is a free, independent, democratic and sovereign state; is the nation-state of the Macedonian people, culture, language and identity; is the home of all its citizens to which it guarantees all internationally recognised freedoms and rights.

Ensuring the Republic of Macedonia is a safe, stable, economically prosperous and abundant state, which cares and provides for the health and well-being of all its citizens; and provides all its citizens with opportunities for finding love, establishing a family, higher education, personal development, economic prosperity and the overall pursuit of happiness.

Ensuring the absolute recognition, acknowledgement and acceptance by the International Community of the;

1) national, ethno-cultural and historic name of Macedonia,
          2) Macedonian people, language and identity
          3) Macedonian culture, symbols and folklore
          4) Macedonian ancestry, heritage and history in its entirety
          5) Macedonian Orthodox Church

Securing recognition by the International Community of the tragedies endured by the Macedonian people, of the division of Macedonia with the signing of the Treaty of Bucharest on August 10, 1913, and the genocide committed against the Macedonian people at the hands of the Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian states and churches during the 19th and 20th centuries.

Securing the abolishment of any existing laws, regulations and acts that discriminate against the Macedonian people, in any of the countries of the International Community where such laws, regulations and acts exist; thereby ensuring the freedom for Macedonians to practice their culture, language and religious faiths in all the countries of the International Community without hindrance.

The end of self-discrimination of Macedonians and the empowerment of the Macedonian people to liberate themselves from enslaved or victim mindsets and the instilment of deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical pride of all that is being a Macedonian.

The recognition of the Macedonian minorities in the neighbouring states of the Republic of Macedonia as well as the respect for the Rights and Freedoms of the Macedonian minorities, as provided by the United Nations Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

The full and unreserved respect of, and the support for, the Rights of all people of non-Macedonian descent living in Macedonia and around the world, who share a reciprocal full and unreserved respect for the Macedonian people, their homeland and their state.

The cultural unification and solidarity of the Macedonian people living in all parts of Macedonia; the Republic of Macedonia, Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia, Mala Prespa & Golo Brdo and Gora, as well as Macedonians throughout the world.

The unity of all Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia and throughout the world, on the principles, objectives and achievement of the Macedonian cause as outlined by its definition in this document.
          The document needs some sort of preamble. The document goes immediately into ensuring, securing, etc...with no introduction of what the purpose of the document is in a sentence or two.

The document has two paragraphs starting with ensuring, two with securing and five paragraphs with The. The document is not consistent. Either you start each paragraph with a word ending in -ing or beginning every paragraph with The. Also, maybe you should think of another word to start one of the ensuring paragraphs and one of the securing paragraphs.

The last two paragraphs can be combined into a paragraph like this:

The cultural unification and solidarity of Macedonian people living in all parts of geographic Macedonia: the Republic of Macedonia, Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia, Mala Prespa & Golo Brdo and Gora, as well as the entire Macedonian Diaspora worldwide on the principles, objectives and achievement of the Macedonian cause as outlined by its definition in this document.
          For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
          http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
          Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
          Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
          Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

The document is a work in progress and we haven't even reached half way yet.

I agree at the preamble though.

What would you suggest instead of ensuring and securing, without losing any strength in the message? Personally I like the definitive and clinical nature of the words, there can be absolutely no room for misinterpretation.

Comment

• indigen
              • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
              Recommendation - use ethnic Macedonian national origin, ethnic Macedonian national identity, ethnic Macedonian national heritage, etc...

As for indigenous, please read the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People: http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/...s/DRIPS_en.pdf
              Meto, state what you need to state here because I am not going to go and read external links.

I have little confidence in your grasp of Macedonian national ideology and you seem to have a very foggy mind set on various issues. I draw your attention to your ridiculous claim that Herodotus wrote that "Macedonians" were "Dorians" , which has been sent on numerous times to US politicians and included in various interviews you have made. Josif Grez tried to explain to you your mistaken deduction in a discussion on the Makedon List but you ignored him. As all people who are aware of the basics of ancient history know that Dorians were one of the sub-groups of the Ancient "Hellenes", you are scoring an own goal in propagating such statements.

FYI, back in 1994 the Macedonian Australian Community took a national position on the "Slav-Prefix Directive" of the Australian government, in which over 50,000 Macedonians actively protested throughout Australia, and in its response indigenous Macedonians was a designation to describe the Macedonian people. This response was placed as an advertisement in several national newspapers and circulated by the local Macedonian papers as well. Thus indigenous Macedonians is not a new concept to the largest Macedonian Diaspora community in the world and is used and widely accepted. Australian Macedonians are on the record in using the term indigenous Macedonians, and in the most important and critical of times, too.

The terms "Slav Macedonian" has not been and never will be accepted by the Macedonian community in Australia and abroad as it is a vilification and denial of Macedonians' cultural, ethnic and national identity.

The term "Slav Macedonian" is an offensive slogan of propaganda used by Greek and other oppressors of the Macedonian people in order to usurp the heritage, suppress the identity and deny the existence of the indigenous Macedonians.

Excerpt from "The National Position of the Macedonian-Australian Community against the Slav-Prefix directive", endorsed by ALL Macedonian Organisations in Australia, March 1994, and issued as a Media Release and Public Statement.
              Last edited by indigen; 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

What would make a good, short preamble?

The Macedonian Cause as defined in this document reflects the common sentiments of the Macedonian people. The purpose of the document is to definitively outline all of the aspirations and objectives of the Macedonian people, in the interest of Macedonia and the Macedonian people across the world.
                What can we add and/or edit on that?

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

I've raised this once before, not sure if I made my point clear enough but is there room within such a statement to mention the protection of the natural/physical environment of our State, the 'cause' speaks directly about a "...economically prosperous and abundant state; which cares and provides for the health and well-being of all its citizens..."

Shouldn't we make a commitment to protect the environment and physical State for our future generations to enjoy...

?

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

I think, as per the suggestion made by Phoenix, that we need something about protecting the natural beauty of Macedonia, its endemic species', etc. i.e. the Macedonian flora and fauna. Perhaps in the form of:

Ensuring the preservation and protection of the rich and majestic Macedonian natural beauty; all Macedonian flora and fauna including all species endemic to Macedonia.

I think the preamble (as mentioned above) should also include a simple definition of what is meant by the use of 'Macedonia' (i.e. it refers to ALL of Macedonia), so that it is clarified for some (or many) who seem to think of the word 'Macedonia' as only the Republic of Macedonia.
                    Last edited by Rogi; 12-28-2009, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Rogi, are you OK with some of the changes made? Criticise where you feel required.

Comment

• AMHRC
                        De-registered
                        • Sep 2009

Environment

I like Phoenix's suggestion about protecting the environment too.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

SoM, I am very happy with the changes being made and the real progress that is being achieved, particularly over the last few days of activity in this thread.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                            I like Phoenix's suggestion about protecting the environment too.
                            Thanks guys,

we have a beautiful and unique natural environment that has moulded our character and will ultimately shape our destiny...i think the 'Cause' should somehow acknowledge our commitment to its current and future preservation...

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

climate change

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Thanks guys,

we have a beautiful and unique natural environment that has moulded our character and will ultimately shape our destiny...i think the 'Cause' should somehow acknowledge our commitment to its current and future preservation...
                              Given the world's current and ongoing focus on climate change this will be quite positive to put in the document. It is our joint civic responsibility to protect the environment. Great point Phoenix!
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

Given the world's current and ongoing focus on climate change this will be quite positive to put in the document.
                                The definition of the Macedonian Cause is not to be used as a PR document. If we look at it in terms of what the world is doing and what the world thinks, it will eventually become a very watered down 'politically correct' document that no longer relates to what the Macedonian Cause (as defined in our hearts and minds) really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X