• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dove
    • Aug 2018

Vienna terrorist was born in the Austrian city

November 4, 2020 Ian Horswill

Kujtim Fejzulai, 20, whom police now believe was the lone gunman who killed four adults and seriously wounded many more people in Vienna, was born in the Austrian capital city.

Before going on a killing spree in six different locations, Fejzulai posted on his Instagram page a photograph showing him holding the three weapons he would use in the attack: an AK-47 rifle, handgun and machete. He pledged his allegiance to Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurashi, real name Amir Muhammad Sa’id Abdal Rahman al-Mawla, the leader of terrorist group ISIS. ISIS claimed Fejzulai was acting on its behalf.

Fejzulai, who was shot dead by police about nine minutes into his attack, which began in the city’s Innere Stadt, was jailed for 22 months in April 2019 for trying to join ISIS in Syria after authorities were contacted by his mother. He was freed in December 2019 under juvenile law because he was under the age of 19 years at the time of the offence.

Fejzulai was known to domestic intelligence agencies and deemed incapable of carrying out an attack on his birthplace. Austria’s Interior Minister Karl Nehammer admitted that the terrorist had fooled the country’s judiciary by enrolling in a deradicalisation course.
    This above quote is only part of the article from https://news.theceomagazine.com/worl...nna-terrorist/

If he was born in Vienna how is it that he was a dual citizen? Please inform me?

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Fejzulai, who was shot dead by police about nine minutes into his attack, which began in the city’s Innere Stadt, was jailed for 22 months in April 2019 for trying to join ISIS in Syria after authorities were contacted by his mother. He was freed in December 2019 under juvenile law because he was under the age of 19 years at the time of the offense.
      This is the part I never understood. So they find you want to travel to Syria to join ISIS and they... arrest you and put you in jail? Under what charges? And then they try to... de-radicalise you? Great. I'm not surprised this backfired.

Comment

• Dove
        • Aug 2018

Crimes (Incursions and Recruitment) Act

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        This is the part I never understood. So they find you want to travel to Syria to join ISIS and they... arrest you and put you in jail? Under what charges? And then they try to... de-radicalise you? Great. I'm not surprised this backfired.
        Maybe a law like this:

In Australia: Crimes (Incursions and Recruitment) Act

What kind of activities are offences under the act?

If an Australian citizen enters a foreign country intending to engage in hostile activity on behalf of armed forces that are not part of the foreign government, they could be charged. They can also be charged for intentionally supporting these hostile activities. The type of support can include preparations by training or drilling, accumulating arms or giving money for goods that could be used to support incursions. It can also include giving money to people or associations that may be intending to engage in hostilities.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dove View Post
          This above quote is only part of the article from https://news.theceomagazine.com/worl...nna-terrorist/

If he was born in Vienna how is it that he was a dual citizen? Please inform me?
          Quite easily if one of his parents or even grandparents was born in Macedonia then he would be eligible for macedonian citizenship. This applies to anyone who has an ancestor who was born in Macedonia.

Apparently he visited his family in Macedonia every year.
          The gunman who killed four people in Vienna on Monday night visited his ancestral home, the tiny mountainous village of Cellopek in the western part of North Macedonia, every year, his grandfather told a local television channel.
          Last edited by Gocka; 11-04-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
            I stand by my right to stereotype!

Comment

• Dove
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              Quite easily if one of his parents or even grandparents was born in Macedonia then he would be eligible for macedonian citizenship. This applies to anyone who has an ancestor who was born in Macedonia.
              Thanks Gocka - much appreciated. Also, nice to see you have finally conformed by quoting before replying - you really did cause a bit of grief with that individual/unique practice.

Comment

Working...
              X