Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Venom
    • Sep 2008

Jankovska, if this is true alav da mu e na Rusija!
    S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

I read on BBC this morning that Bulgaria has already asked the EU for help and that Greece is about to do the same. Russia has accused Ukraine of stealing the gas for EU countries so decided to lower it by as much as it's stolen just to prove a point and get the EU to make Ukraine to agree to the new prices I guess. Bulgaria depends 100% on Russian gas and i believe Greece depends as well. Turkey has said that the pipeline on their side is shut, who knows how much worse it can get. As for Macedonia I was thinking about schools and companies, would they be affected?

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Good!
        Go Russia!
        And the consequence on the region will be, especcially for Macedonia?

I don't know if this really suit to us, to depend on resources mainly from Russia.

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
        Skopje and maybe Kumanovo but majority have kumbe so I don't see how it will affect Macedonia. Bulgaria and Greece have been hit though and apparently it's gonna get worse.
        The lack of the gas from Ukraina is now is being complemented and substituted with bigger transit by the gasline going from Turkey and Belarus.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

I read on BBC this morning that Bulgaria has already asked the EU for help and that Greece is about to do the same. Russia has accused Ukraine of stealing the gas for EU countries so decided to lower it by as much as it's stolen just to prove a point and get the EU to make Ukraine to agree to the new prices I guess. Bulgaria depends 100% on Russian gas and i believe Greece depends as well. Turkey has said that the pipeline on their side is shut, who knows how much worse it can get. As for Macedonia I was thinking about schools and companies, would they be affected?

Во Македонија околу 30 објекти, пред се производствени капацитети, работат на гас, а најголем потрошувач е Топлификација.

You were right

But as I said, this is made up crisis, Ukraina is only the actor in this Russian movie.

The message they are sending is more important.
          Especially after the Russian naval carrier has been permited to enter the Aegean sea.
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Watching the news now, it's talking about Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia beeing affected and just loving how Macedonia has been repeated over and over again. Sorry off topic but it is music to my ears

Comment

• Struja
              • Sep 2008

Watching the news now, it's talking about Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia beeing affected and just loving how Macedonia has been repeated over and over again. Sorry off topic but it is music to my ears
              on what BBC news?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Ne be, radio tri pati zed, lol
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Struja View Post
                  on what BBC news?

Here

Comment

• I of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Rumours of a Russian base in Serbia - The Economist

Rumours of a Russian base in Serbia reflect Balkan hysteria, not reality

Feb 4th 2010 | BELGRADE | From The Economist print edition

EVERYONE in the Balkans loves a good conspiracy theory, especially one that involves energy pipelines and military bases. According to some people with a bent against Serbia and Russia, the Russians are plotting to create a thinly-disguised military base in Serbia. That would be the Kremlin’s first new European base since the end of the Warsaw Pact, and could seem a response to NATO’s expansion in the region. Every country around Serbia is either in NATO or wants to be.

The story of the Russian base started in October when Dmitry Medvedev was visiting Belgrade. It was announced then that a new joint centre for emergency co-ordination would be created in the Serbian town of Nis. The site was an all-but-unused airport, named after Constantine the Great (the Roman emperor who was born there). The Russian partner will be the emergency ministry, a powerful semi-military outfit whose activities include disaster relief but also errand-running for Russia’s security services. The ministry has long played a role in Serbia, for example in mine-clearing.

But speculation has mounted that the Nis facilities could be used for spying or even turned to military use, should the need arise. What has most excited the conspiracy theorists is that Nis is close to the point where a controversial planned gas pipeline, South Stream, will cross Serbian territory. The pipeline is a joint venture between Russia’s gas giant, Gazprom, and Italy’s energy company, Eni. The route crosses the Black Sea, enabling Russia to bypass Ukraine, seen as a troublesome transit country, and deliver gas direct to the Balkans, central Europe and Italy.

Serbia’s emergency-planning chief in the interior ministry, Predrag Maric, firmly denies any notion that Russia is opening a military facility by stealth. Nis will not be a military base, he insists, pointing out that his ministry and the Russians have invited no fewer than 11 countries from the region to a conference in Belgrade this month to discuss their part in the establishment of the logistics and training facility in Nis.

The theories circulating among bloggers and others about Russian intentions echo earlier ones about outsiders’ geopolitical goals in the region. Many believe that it was oil, not worries about Serbian brutality in Kosovo, that lay behind NATO’s bombing of Serbia (including Nis airport) in 1999. After the war the Americans built Camp Bondsteel, a base capable of housing 7,000 men, in Kosovo. Conspiracy theorists said the real purpose of the camp was to safeguard the planned AMBO oil pipeline that aimed to pump Russian and Caspian oil from across Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania.

Yet more than 16 years after it was first mooted, the AMBO pipeline remains only a line on the map. Bondsteel has no runway. And there are only 1,400 American troops left in Kosovo. When the total number of NATO-led troops in Kosovo drops from its current 10,000 to the planned 2,300 Camp Bondsteel may close for good.

Nis airport and Bondsteel are easy to spot on Google Earth. Harder to find is a real military base, opened last November by the Serb authorities and often dubbed the Serbian Bondsteel. It lies close to Kosovo in the Bujanovac area of south Serbia, home to many ethnic Albanians. Their leaders complain loudly about the militarisation of the region. Yet the Serbian base can house only 1,000 men. “I’m not losing any sleep over it,” says a senior NATO official. He says he is aware of the possible Russian presence in Nis but is unworried by its implications. Meanwhile Windjet, an Italian low-cost airline, has just started flights to Constantine the Great airport.
                    No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

wow, this would be a good ulternative for Macedonia. I am also sure that it will not take as much efort to convince the Russians into forming a union, compared to the hoops we have to jump through with EU and Nato.

Evan if it does not eventuate, just the talks or rumours will frighten the shit out of the west.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Constantine the Great airport, nice name. Did today's Hellenes complain? Of course not, he isn't an 'ethnic Hellene' in any case, and they are only interested in prolonging falsities and propaganda that relates to the territories they have occupied.

I don't know why some Macedonians and others from the Balkan states get excited about the Russians, when they have done nothing other than recognise the name of our country. Some people may think we need to be thankful for this - Yes, thank you for acknowledging me as a human being.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

If they build a Russian Base in Serbia then there is no way that Serbia would join Nato under any circumstances.

Konuzin to Serbs: You can't have NATO & Kosovo
                          Saturday, 06 February 2010

This is according to Russian Ambassador Aleksandr Konuzin, who spoke for Belgrade-based Ekonomist magazine, in an interview published on its website.

Konuzin also supported the idea that there should be a referendum on NATO, and explained that Russia’s relations with other countries are affected by whether those countries are members of the Western military alliance.

“NATO has a fairly determined position on Kosovo, and if you are joining an organization that considers Kosovo an independent state, that means you share that position,” said Russia’s top diplomatic envoy in Belgrade.

Konuzin also said that it will be up to Serbia to decide on whether to join NATO, and that there should be no outside intervention.

He supported the opinion voiced by Parliament Speaker Slavica Đukić-Dejanović and SPC Patriarch Irinej that the people should have their say on the country’s possible NATO membership.

“In 1999, NATO bombed the entire country, and each family has its own stance on what the position toward this organization should be. This organization considers that the situation in Kosovo is already stable and is scaling down KFOR’s presence, while the existence of these forces is not in line with Resolution 1244,” said Konuzin, and concluded, "Only naive people have faith in NATO."

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Veter vo magla.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Rogi, The Serbs already built a large base in Bujanovac, its clear that the Russians are pushing this. They dont want Serbia in Nato
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Komita
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Constantine the Great airport, nice name. Did today's Hellenes complain? Of course not, he isn't an 'ethnic Hellene' in any case, and they are only interested in prolonging falsities and propaganda that relates to the territories they have occupied.

I don't know why some Macedonians and others from the Balkan states get excited about the Russians, when they have done nothing other than recognise the name of our country. Some people may think we need to be thankful for this - Yes, thank you for acknowledging me as a human being.
                                If it wasnt for Russia christians in the Balkans would most probably still live like "kauri" under ottoman empire and owning nothing but a mule and the only development would be mosques.
                                Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

Working...
                                X