X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Here is the exact text from Ms Beer on Greek policy towards Macedonia:

"..If you see a plan of 8 points Papandreou, about what should be done for Macedonia to solve the problem, then I say that the Greek positions are nothing but attack on the Macedonian identity and opposition to international law, criticized Beer"

Mace...donian text

German MP Angelika Beer to the Greek EU representative on Tuesday:

“..You must decide how far you like to push your policies against the wishes of the Europeans. It would be best for you to decide whether you wish to stick to your policies or leave the European Union.”
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

I think the EU is well tired of Greece and its agenda of hatred and racism in modern Europe. This is the tip of the ice-berg. There will be more anti-Greek sentiment coming from all corners of the EU in the months to come.
      Indeed, about bloody time.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        Here is the exact text from Ms Beer on Greek policy towards Macedonia:

"..If you see a plan of 8 points Papandreou, about what should be done for Macedonia to solve the problem, then I say that the Greek positions are nothing but attack on the Macedonian identity and opposition to international law, criticized Beer"

Mace...donian text

German MP Angelika Beer to the Greek EU representative on Tuesday:

“..You must decide how far you like to push your policies against the wishes of the Europeans. It would be best for you to decide whether you wish to stick to your policies or leave the European Union.”
        This is what I want to hear. This is ALL I have ever wanted for us from our politicians and more people in Europe.

RTG, I hope your right and others in Europe take up the flame against the position of Greece. We could be in for some interesting months ahead.

Comment

• Buktop
          • Oct 2009

The only reason Greece's position is even entertained is because they were in the EU before us. Because the EU has invested so much money into Greece that they are afraid to lose the investment. But they are starting to realize that they now have a choice, continue throwing money into the biggest spender and the country with the highest debt, or cut them off before they sink the entire Union. The recent downgrading of Greek credit has raised more than a few alarms with the big boys in the EU. If Greece actually defaults, expect a shit show.
          "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
          though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
          Our long awaited hour will draw near
          and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Greece continues with it's ugly tirade of Nazism.It won't go away unless everyone tells it to.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Venom
              • Sep 2008

Now this is the kind of talk that SHOULD be coming out of the EU. Good work. I hope, Risto, you're correct in saying that more and more European nations will turn against greece in the near future.

And no, Buktop, you moron, 'greece' didn't 'get into' the EU before us. It was the Europeans who literally created greece the nation and greeks, the people and nationality. They are looking after their creation, and never expected Macedonians to rise once again and demand their country back. This is why, time and time again they have bailed greece out. But the Macedonians have done exactly what they never expected and now the Europeans are realising that perhaps they backed the wrong side, if this post is anything to go by.
              S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

Good news, Risto. Made me smile a little.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

greece should be asked to leave the eu for wrecking everybody's aspirations.It's all bully boy tactics & greece should be asked kindly to fuck off with her bullshit of Nazism revisited.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    greece should be asked to leave the eu for wrecking everybody's aspirations.It's all bully boy tactics & greece should be asked kindly to fuck off with her bullshit of Nazism revisited.
                    It will be interesting George to see what happens come December 19 with the visas. If they continue with their blocks, then they will start digging their own graves and it will be comical to watch their demise.
                    Nazi pigs
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Brygian Seed
                      • Dec 2009

The Fall of the EU

It's only a matter of time when the EU will fall. If history has taught us anything is that all 'empires' eventually crumble.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Julie,
                        It won't be comical it will be enjoyable! But it will take longer than we expect for them to get their just desserts - they still wield substantial political clout, particularly with that fuckwit French president backing them up.
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Greece's government unveils major spending cuts

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The Greek prime minister has unveiled a series of spending cuts, warning that the country is at risk of "sinking under its debts".

George Papandreou said the planned cuts would include a 10% cut in both social security spending, and overall government operating expenditures.

Calling for national unity, he vowed to reduce Greece's public deficit from the current 12% to under 3% by 2013.

He also announced a 90% tax on the bonuses of senior bank workers.

Other proposals include a cut in defence spending, pay and hiring freezes for public sector workers, and the closure of a third of Greece's overseas tourism offices.

"We must change or sink," said Mr Papandreou, in a speech to business and union leaders.

He added that Greece had "lost every trace of credibility" and the country had to "move immediately to a new social deal".

Indicating that some spending cuts would be painful, he said that "we must all lose our comfort".

'Not Iceland'

Mr Papandreou's comments come a week after international ratings agency Fitch downgraded the country's credit rating - meaning that it thought Greece was now a riskier place to invest.

Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou earlier defended Greece's position in the eurozone, despite its deficit being far above the European Union limit of 3%.

He said Greece was worthy of its place because it "abides by the rules" and was "not the only eurozone country with a deficit of that order".

Mr Papaconstantinou told the BBC: "Greece is not the next Iceland, nor is it the next Dubai... it is tackling the very serious situation that we have.

"It is doing it with specific measures that cut expenditure and increase government revenue and also it is a government which is immediately tackling long-term structural problems," he added.

Since last week's decision by Fitch, Greece has come under increasing pressure to take action over its deficit from the European Central Bank.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

When the Prime Minister says Greece has lost every trace of credibility, who are we to argue?
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

The Hypocrisy of Greece

The Hypocrisy of Greece
                              read in Macedonian

Foreign Minister Antonio Miloshoski said it best though he was more polite in the words he used after the EU Foreign Ministers meeting in Brussels the other week.* So I’ll say it here in plain, American, English (well, translated into Macedonian): Greece is a hypocrite. Through its recent actions, Greece is practicing the ancient art of hypocrisy.*

It is ironic to note the origins of the word hypocrisy; it’s Greek.* The original Greek word, hyopkrisis, is the act of playing a part on stage.* The Merriam Webster online definition is “a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially: the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion.”*

After winning the October elections in Greece, Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou told the world that Greece wanted to reassert its role in Southeastern Europe and see all of the countries from the region in the EU by 2014, 100 years after the start of World War I.* After he told the world this, he went and effectively vetoed a start date for Macedonia’s accession talks with the EU at the Foreign Minister’s meeting the other week in Brussels.* George Papandreou, actor. *

To be completely honest, I’ve had it with the Greeks.* And I’m not even Macedonian, nor am I a European.* The Greeks have lied, cheated, vetoed, bullied, threatened and blackmailed the world for the past 50 years, if not longer.* Why the world takes it – why the world considers them so precious – is a mystery to me.* They cry and the world gives them a bottle of milk.* They scream and the world holds them.* They take and the world gives.* There’s a phrase for this type of behavior: spoiled rotten.* And the Greeks are.*

But events of the past week have now revealed the truth behind the stage play the Greeks have been showing the world.* I speak of the financial disaster now called Greece.*

This past week there have been literally thousands of articles in the press detailing Greece’s economic woes.* Time magazine reports “Years of debt-fueled consumption and lax fiscal policies have left the country drowning in red ink. National debt is expected to rise to 125% of GDP in 2010, the highest in the eurozone. ‘If you want an example of a political elite that thought membership of the eurozone was a panacea,’ says Simon Tilford, chief economist at the Centre for European Reform in London, ‘you don't need to look further than Greece. They're in very serious trouble.’” *

Reuters reported that “Fitch Ratings downgraded its credit rating on Greece to triple-B-minus from single-A-minus, highlighting "concerns over the medium-term outlook for public finances given the weak credibility of fiscal institutions and the policy framework in Greece.”* Chris Pryce of Fitch Ratings said ‘Greece is now clearly the weakest country in the euro zone.’”*

And The Economist noted “The country that stands out as unrepentant is Greece. It ran persistent deficits even in good times. Its new government said in October that this year’s budget deficit would be more than twice as big as previously advertised. The government says it will cut the deficit to 9.1% of GDP next year. But pressure from euro-zone finance ministers for stronger action is building: they will meet in February to approve a new Greek plan to fix its finances, which must be submitted to the European Commission this month.”*

The Greeks lied their way into the Eurozone and have bullied the EU on many issues – besides Macedonia – for decades.* They have falsified their balance sheets and other financial records.* But now the truth is coming out.* Now the truth is being revealed that the Greeks may actually be Europe’s Achilles heel – more so than any other country.*

Another Reuter’s article reported Prime Minister Papandreou saying “We must close the credibility gap to survive as a sovereign and cohesive nation.”* Well, you got that right George.* A lack of credibility has been one of Greece’s biggest problems though it is only now being revealed to the world.* Their lack of trustworthiness is shining through.*

Hopefully, the Greeks may actually be worried about their place in Europe and the world right now.* They faced unprecedented pressure from the rest of Europe at the Foreign Minister’s meeting with one German MEP actually suggesting that Greece should leave the EU.* While up to now the Greeks have been the bully of Europe, sitting smug and self-satisfied while they get their way by alternately crying or pushing, the time may be coming when the rest of Europe – and the world – actually stands up to them and says “Enough!”* The stage play that is called “Greece” may be coming to an end, with the members of the cast being revealed for what they truthfully are – really bad actors.

Jason Miko is an independent thinker, writer and a bit of a traveler. His views are his own.
                              The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Jason, you are an independent thinker, but many are thinking in the same way about Greece nowadays.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X