• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grtalx
    • Mar 2010

Birthright Macedonia

Greetings to my fellow Macedonians,

I want to alert you to the international program called Birthright Macedonia. It offers young Macedonians from around the world the opportunity to go to the Republic for three weeks during the summer.

While there, they are assigned an internship work program that compliments their academic and career goals or general interest. They also live with a host family (non-relatives) who has at least one family member the same age as the overseas participant. The cost of the program is very nominal compared to other internships that available abroad.

Birthright Macedonia has attracted young college aged students from Canada, the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom. Many have never been to Macedonia before and most do not speak the language. Two friends of mine participated in the program and were thrilled to have the opportunity to connect with their Macedonian heritage and discover their ancestral roots.
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

UMD organised the same thing?
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• grtalx
      • Mar 2010

Birthright Macedonia

Birthright Macedonia is a program run jointly by UMD and an NGO in Skopje.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Who is the NGO?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          Who is the NGO?
          Now that is a good question
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• grtalx
            • Mar 2010

Birthright Macedonia is administered and run in Macedonia by the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation. MCIC is a highly respected NGO headquartered in Skopje and has been in existence for over 20 years. They are heavily involved in the European community promoting Macedonia and Macedonian causes.

Since its founding, Birthright Macedonia has attracted Macedonian youth from Canada, Australia, the USA and the United Kingdom.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

with support from the Dutch Interchurch Aid (DIA) and the World Council of Churches (WCC), MCIC was developed in response to social issues arising from the balkanization of Yugoslavia. MCIC has since developed as an independent, civic, non-profit organisation ready to face social challenges and create models or alternatives for resolving related problems.
              MCIC's most recent opinion on anything is dated 2010 and was an opinion about draft laws in relation to NGO's such as MCIC.

Some research on a possible name change:

So, why do a whole bunch of churches want to support this NGO?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• grtalx
                • Mar 2010

I doubt their mission is to express opinions. Rather it's to be involved in issues they deem important.

Haven't a clue why religious organizations endorse them.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Whilst I am not a conspiracy theorist, I find it hard to believe in the altruistic nature of support from organisations such as "Dutch Interchurch Aid (DIA) and the World Council of Churches (WCC)". In fact, I think a healthy suspicion is essential.
                  I doubt their mission is to express opinions. Rather it's to be involved in issues they deem important.
                  If something is important, why wouldn't they give an opinion about it?
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• grtalx
                    • Mar 2010

Yours is but one opinion. But you must realize, organized religion plays a major role in European affairs - more so than in the States, Canada and Australia.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Opinions are indeed like arseholes, we all have them. Again, given how easy it is to manipulate the citizens of a small nation such as Macedonia, I question the motivations of any NGO's in Macedonia.

A cursory look ties the World Council of Churches to the National Council of Churches which in turn is tied to Soros funding.

Here is a fun blurb the grateful Macedonians would be interested in:
                      Originally posted by web link
                      The WCC gave $85,000 to an African Nationalist terrorist group--PATRIOTIC FRONT--who were waging guerilla warfare in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe in 1978 (see Seattle Times, August 25, 1981). These terrorists killed over 1900 people, including eight British missionaries and their four children in Rhodesia that year (see Reader's Digest, August, 1982). In 1974 the WCC gave 6,355 British pounds to members of the terrorist organization--ZANU--in Africa, which were responsible for killing 87 Rhodesian civilians (see WCC: Religion or Revolution, p 13). Also in 1974, the WCC gave 50,000 British pounds to another Marxist guerilla force--FRELIMO (see Ibid., p 13).
                      After the Rhodesian government fell to these terrorist groups, this statement was then given by their representatives at the WCC Conference in Melbourne, Australia in May, 1980: "Our hard-won victory did not come only through our own determination. We were sustained and reinforced by the support--material, moral, and spiritual--accorded to us by the World Council of Churches, and its member churches." American Opinion, January, 1982, p 4.

The WCC also gave funds to the Communist North Vietnamese government (see WCC: Religion or Revolution, p 16), the PLO, Cuba, and other pro-Soviet totalitarian movements (see Reader's Digest, January, 1983, p 120). They also gave $823,000 to the Communist backed organization--SWAPO--in Namibia (see WCC: Religion or Revolution, p 28; American Opinion, January, 1982, p 2).
                      As can be clearly seen, the WCC--including the NCC and other lesser branch organizations--is not working for God, but is definitely working against Him! They are in complete union with the enemy of God, and are furthering Lucifer's goal of being the god and leader of a New World Order. Hence no church of God should be connected to the WCC/NCC, let alone working with or supporting them.
                      Aside from "the good of mankind", I wonder what their (real) agenda might be for the unsuspecting Macedonians.

Originally posted by grtalex
                      But you must realize, organized religion plays a major role in European affairs
                      good or bad?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• grtalx
                        • Mar 2010

Risto, you are an opinionated cynic and a doubting Thomas on too many subjects. Lighten up and don't let the parade pass you by! I'm a second generation Macedonian Australian, I never mastered the Macedonian language and had never been to the Republic before. Several years ago, The Birthright Macedonia program gave me a reason to go to Macedonia and discover my heritage for the first time. While there, I met other Macedonian youth from around the world who were losing their connection to our ancestral homeland. Since then, a number of us have become involved in varied programs and causes for Macedonia and its people. I am forever grateful to UMD and MCIC for offering me and many others this incredible opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                        X