Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 06-20-2018, 01:39 AM   #1011
Tomche Makedonche

Tomche Makedonche is on a distinguished road

As Vangelovski pointed out, this is the Republic we are talking about, anything can be forced through, as we have already witnessed many times before.

I believe I read somewhere in an article today that if the President hinders the process, the intention of SDS is to implement the necessary process to have him removed from office (elevating Xhaferi to that position until elections), which by the way also requires a 2/3 majority from my understanding. So I don't think we have any assassinations planned, because there really is no need for them.

You need to stop thinking that DPNE actually want this stopped. They are key to all of this and will play their part in seeing the necessary numbers are there whilst employing continuous misdirection on their supporters and the public.

And on the odd chance some of their ministers do somehow accidentally create a temporary stumbling block, SDS will just find a way to pass it anyway.
ďThereís a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you canít take part, you canít even passively take part, and youíve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and youíve got to make it stop, and youíve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless youíre free, the machine will be prevented from working at allĒ - Mario Savio
Tomche Makedonche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #1012
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

Tomche,

DPMNE (it's membership base and central committee) do want this stopped. I'm referring to this particular agreement.

That doesn't mean every single individual who is a Member of Parliament for the VMRO-DPMNE party or its' coalition members, will be unwavering and able to withstand the threats, blackmail and pressure they're likely going to receive on a very individual and personal level over the coming weeks and months.

Which is why I don't think #2 (and #1) of my previous post in terms of stopping the agreement, are viable given the way things go in Macedonia.

Last edited by Rogi; 06-20-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:04 AM   #1013
Tomche Makedonche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
DPMNE (it's membership base and central committee) do want this stopped. I'm referring to this particular agreement.
Then please explain what they plan on doing to stop it?

I donít consider refusing to show up for work much of a strategy.
ďThereís a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you canít take part, you canít even passively take part, and youíve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and youíve got to make it stop, and youíve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless youíre free, the machine will be prevented from working at allĒ - Mario Savio
Old 06-20-2018, 02:08 AM   #1014
Tomche Makedonche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
That doesn't mean every single individual who is a Member of Parliament for the VMRO-DPMNE party or its' coalition members, will be unwavering and able to withstand the threats, blackmail and pressure they're likely going to receive on a very individual and personal level over the coming weeks and months.
Why the need to already set up the expected excuse for failure?

Let me guess, you expect that they will be threatened with The Hague?, well I guess we can all sympathise with that, at least we know they really wanted to try and stop it, but hey, that’s how it goes in the Republic, at least we can look forward to some much needed EU funds, after all everything has a silver lining

Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 06-20-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:33 AM   #1015
Big Bad Sven

Big Bad Sven is on a distinguished road

Its great seeing some Macedonians protest, but more needs to be done (I am aware of the rumour of a huge protest this weekend Ė lets see what happens and if anyone still cares)

In Brazil the truck drivers recently went on strike through out the whole country, crippling the country, with only essentials like medicine, food and beer (lol) being transported. I wish something like this could happen in Macedonia, the people need to hurt the politicians where it hurts, and thatís things that involve money and the economy.

I know times are hard in Macedonia, but I can assure you people in Brazil live harder and more dangerous lives then the people in Fyrom. Its now or never for Macedonians. No more excuses
Big Bad Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:07 AM   #1016
kompir

kompir is on a distinguished road

I was listening to ABC radio this afternoon and I heard something to the effect of that if the name change agreement isn't ratified, the EU and Greece will be imposing a new economic blockade and that the current border crossings between the two countries would be closed indefinitely. I don't know where they got this information from, but it is a troubling development if true.
kompir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:32 AM   #1017
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

I donít believe that? What for not joining NATO?
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:45 AM   #1018
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompir View Post
I was listening to ABC radio this afternoon and I heard something to the effect of that if the name change agreement isn't ratified, the EU and Greece will be imposing a new economic blockade and that the current border crossings between the two countries would be closed indefinitely.
Right now, I couldn't care less if our southern border was closed for a period of time. But if the EU imposes an economic blockade because we refuse to accept this degrading agreement, that is essentially a casus belli.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:32 AM   #1019
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Right now, I couldn't care less if our southern border was closed for a period of time. But if the EU imposes an economic blockade because we refuse to accept this degrading agreement, that is essentially a casus belli.
If our past is any indication. It isn't a casus Belli. It's a reason to capitulate.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:34 AM   #1020
kompir

kompir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagonija View Post
I donít believe that? What for not joining NATO?
No, because it would be seen as a hostile act by the Greeks; it would be construed as a territorial ambition.
kompir is offline   Reply With Quote