X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
    I dont see the big deal, there was huge outrage here from what Mike Rann said, all of us wanted to do something, I am sure everyone wanted at least to see something done.

MP came on here to spread the good word that action was being taken and that Meto might be part of it. Then all the criticism started, why him, why not AMHRC... ect ect.
    From my impression, MP then felt the need to defend himself as he was being attacked on all sides. Even though it was stated that this was a coordinated effort and UMD stated they want AMHRC in the forefront and Meto said he was also in favor of someone local.

Choice was made to go with Meto to do some interviews (as well as AMHRC for the Australian) that then made it to the press. Is it really so bad? Perhaps if people read the thread in its entirety they might get a better understanding. This is my impression of the whole 'situation'.

I think in the coming days (hopefully) things will be a lot clearer to everyone. But some things should not be disclosed simply because you or other people do not believe MP (the enemy is watching and I guarantee they are not in fighting but plotting what to do based on the information they have) as I said earlier, building personal creditability is not important now, what is important is that we fully exploit Rann's racism towards our local people and our Republic.
    I agree that our total focus needs to be on Rann, from the very start I saw this as an opportunity to promote our cause, I don't think that opportunity has been lost by some engaging discussions on this forum...

For me the real work is being done behind closed doors and away from this forum, I don't see the AMHRC on here 24/7 bragging about their typing skills, where they're having afternoon tea or taking time out to PM members the numbers of their 5th or 6th prepaid mobile phones to have it out with the "big shots"...

Seriously Volk, you're kidding yourself if you think this guy warrants everyones respect here or anywhere other than a schoolyard...

Comment

• aleksandrov
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      Aleksandrov, is this related to the topic of the THREAD ie Rann?
      It's related to why the South Australian community is too incapacitated to stage a half-respectable defense against Rann's racist slurs and inflammatory demagogy.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• MP_MK
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
        So what would happen to poor old Amanda Vanstone? She hasn't even had a full mandate in Italy yet.
        He's been eyeing Italy off for quite a while now. As I understand it, the application has been made and they are ironing out the details for his future re-location.

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Phoenix, I am not here to convince anyone of anything. I come on here to state my opinion and hear the opinions of others. I think the infighting is ridiculous and attacks on MP taken too far. Lets move on...
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Here is the translation from the above link

Mike Rann: Not silent, not silenced, Macedonia is Greek!
            Published 09 February 2010 by Apostle Papapostolou

"We will not remain silent, nor would anyone with silence. I will continue to speak publicly about issues that I believe.
            The formal declaration made by the Prime Minister of South Australia, Mike Rann, in response to fierce criticism received from Skopje, for speech, made in Festival "Demetria" in Adelaide.
            The question now employs the only English-language newspaper in the city The Advertiser, which notes that Mr Rann in his speech was reported to Mr Gjorge Ivanov, which they described as a 'promoter of problems in the most dangerous way' and accused Macedonia (the text 'Macedonia') that steals the Greek culture.
            Mr Rann, the newspaper said, reignited his promise to the voters of Greek origin that would "continue in a consistent and unequivocal support of their purpose. It is important because no one may steal the history and culture of another nation.
            The speech provoked the intervention of Metodija Koloski, president of the self 'united' MAKEDONIKI 'Diaspora »(sic) (based in Washington), who met in Adelaide with the Minister for Multicultural Affairs Michael Atkinson and handed a protest letter addressed to Mr. Rann.
            Mr. Koloski stated in the newspaper that the people of 'sykofantithike' and demanded an unconditional apology. Mr Rann said that he does not speak gagged by anyone.
            (Source: voice of greece)
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
              It's related to why the South Australian community is too incapacitated to stage a half-respectable defense against Rann's racist slurs and inflammatory demagogy.
              Barely even that .... the fact that it is 2 months late is of far more concern.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Daskalot,

I was under the impression that this forum was open and transparent - now you're making threats to ban people (temporarily). I urge you not to go the route of Lubi.

The issues that Aleksandrov has brought up go right to the heart of who Michael is, who he represents and why he's giving UMD the opportunity to announce each and every article that is published.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Macedonia row to threaten bid for seat on Security Council

MACEDONIA'S vote on Australia's bid for a UN Security Council seat will hinge on how the Rudd government responds to an official complaint over a pro-Greek speech given by South Australian Premier Mike Rann.

The Macedonian embassy in Canberra will today lodge a formal protest over the speech in which Mr Rann accused Macedonia of stealing Greek history and culture and its President, Gjorge Ivanov, of "stirring up trouble" with its neighbour. Mr Rann made the remarks in November.

Macedonian ambassador Pero Stojanovski said he was seeking a formal explanation and apology.

Asked if Mr Rann's comments could affect Macedonia's vote in the UN on Australia's bid for a non-permanent seat on the Security Council, Mr Stojanovski said: "The answer to this question would greatly depend on the official response by the Australian government."

Mr Rann was unrepentant yesterday. "I totally stand by my comments . . . absolutely no apologies whatsoever," he said.
                  Perhaps a good question is whether this increases his chance of re-election or decreases his chance. That is up to Macedonians to answer and it must be a case of "a vote for Rann being a vote for racism and divisiveness."
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Rann is in South Australia. All of these issues are in South Australia and affect the South Australian Macedonian community more than anyone else. I am inclined to ban chest beating, demands for face to face meetings and similar pissing contests. We will ensure no bans are ever instigated when questions of issues in relation to Macedonian governance at any level are being explored.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• MP_MK
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Barely even that .... the fact that it is 2 months late is of far more concern.

Speak to your party regaridning this. You'll shake your head when you find out why it was initially supressed.

I came up with some reasons earlier (shouldn't have done so) to protect the image of your community.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                        Speak to your party regaridning this. You'll shake your head when you find out why it was initially supressed.

I came up with some reasons earlier (shouldn't have done so) to protect the image of your community.
                        Up until now you were claiming that it was your "strategy" for the tape to be kept quiet, stating that Rann's affair would have buried this scandal. How about you try and start honestly anwering some questions...or is it too dangerous to do that in SA?
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• MP_MK
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          Up until now you were claiming that it was your "strategy" for the tape to be kept quiet, stating that Rann's affair would have buried this scandal. How about you try and start honestly anwering some questions...or is it too dangerous to do that in SA?

No. I did not claim it was my strategy to supress the dvd. BUT I believe and gave reasoning that the timing of year / current events at the time (natural disaster / Indian race out cry / christmas / new years / natural disaster again / ranns affair) would have ALL over shadowed it.

I was trying to take the spotlight off a stupid decision by RTGs community, so that we can foucs on what can be done now (If I was a destructive person, I would have used this opportunity to make the other community look bad, but I am not).

When I received the video, I circulated it amongst key individuals (the highest on an Australian Macedonian official front) and expected them to orchestrate a plan of attack and implement a strategy to bring this to the spot light. 4 weeks later I directly asked what had been done and the reply I received was "what are the Adelaide community going to do about it" ....I was shocked and felt that I was in a position to implement a strategy. I put aside my already hecitic schedule, postponed a business trip, called upon my national and international contacts and then hit the ground running with it just a few days ago. .....Had nothing to do with UMD visiting.

I haven't got much time today to focus on these things and engage in long debates, there is too much work to do today, the iron is hot.

let's move on.

Comment

• El Bre
                            • Sep 2008

For the benefit of those of us not in Adelaide, could someone please explain which "communities" this man is referring to.

RtG, I knew you were royalty, but, I didn't know you had your own kingdom down there in SA

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post

I stated the reason very clearly on this very thread. It was a dismal performance.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X