Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 06-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #21
Skolovranec

Location: Kilibargrad, Macedonian Federation (Earth-21691808)
Skolovranec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco2envy View Post
What's the common stance here on Pieria, Chalkidiki peninsula and Thasos being included in this "Greater Macedonia"? I am unaware of a Macedonian majority being based within these regions in the last 300 years (atleast).
There are Macedonians there even now (except for Thasos, I think). Where did they come from? Did they sprout from the ground like the Spartoi of the Cadmian myth? If so, I'd like to know where in Greece I can purchase magical dragon teeth, my yard needs fixing.

Тасо, the island, was with a mixed ethnic population of Macedonians (Some with Bulgarian sense of identity, Greeks and some Vlachs). After 1913, all non-Greek persons were expelled from the island.
Skolovranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #22
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolovranec View Post

We don't have to do anything. Either the Albanians will pull a Ramkoven or Kalash maneuver on them once they breen in sufficient numbers down in Athens (they're already crawling there in termite numbers), or there will be the Epirus separatist movement that gains autonomy or full independence once they gain numbers and momentum (I can't see that going well for Albania either, like all of southern Albania). Whichever comes first. Macedonia will not be involved whatsoever.
Are you OK? Did you drink too much Vodka?

Quote:
Are you sure they are Greek?
Of course they are not ancient Hellenes, but I used the term Greek to present the self-identifying Greek population.
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #23
Skolovranec

Location: Kilibargrad, Macedonian Federation (Earth-21691808)
Skolovranec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaiku View Post
Are you OK? Did you drink too much Vodka?
Rather than questioning my drinking habits (vodka not included) tell me why you think I'm wrong on what I said and why you think differently. I may be wrong and you may be right, but the approach you are taking is unproductive for a discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaiku View Post
Of course they are not ancient Hellenes, but I used the term Greek to present the self-identifying Greek population.
Many Macedonians self-identify as Greek or Bulgarian, it doesn't make them the latter in either case though.
Skolovranec is offline   Reply With Quote