• Show
Clear All
  • DedoAleko
    • Jun 2009

To the Hilt (ДО БАЛЧАК) - Macedonian Movie 2014

TO THE HILT-OFFICIAL TRAILER 2014 [HD] - YouTube
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Looks interesting...I just hate how they use 50 different languages...they do it all the time. It makes it hard to watch.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Interesting concept, seems like kind of a western film based in Macedonia. Any idea on the release date?

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
        Banned
        • Jan 2014

"A film by Oscar nominee director Stole Popov"

Now, that is a trailer that starts with a lie.

Comment

• AMHRC
          De-registered
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
          "A film by Oscar nominee director Stole Popov"

Now, that is a trailer that starts with a lie.
          Really? You seem to run to Wikipedia all the time, but for some reason, this time, you didn't; or you did, but chose not to believe it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dae_%28film%29
          Last edited by AMHRC; 04-03-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

FUCK LIFE IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO DIE FOR IT

Plot outline
            “This is a story from the Wild East”. Macedonia, a small country in the heart of the Balkans, is five hundred years under the Turkish yoke. The action takes place in the bloody post-revolutionary period after 1903, more precisely in the first decade of the 20th century. “To the Hilt” is a love quadrangle between a cruel though romantic rebel, a merciless naturalized Turkish officer, an educated wealthy father’s son and a lucid, spoiled but avantgarde European woman who wants to have three of them wrapped around her little finger. With the typical Balkans paradox lifted up to the level of the undisputed philosophical maxima: “Fuck life if you are not ready to die for it”. This is a film about the dialectical encounter between the myths and the anti-myths, a film in which legends and storytelling face the ongoing reality of the cruel life through. The film unveils a harsh though romantic story in which the eternal Macedonian cause for own identity and independence is seen from the angle of illusion and relativity of freedom, justice, love, happiness, sacrifice, frauds and treason. All experienced with catharsis that rises up to the hilt. To be more precise, all of the action is marked Macedonian history full of super historical absurd. It’s an Anti Western, a counterpart of the traditional American Western or something we can freely call Macedonian Eastern. This film breaks down the barriers of the space where western and eastern civilization have intertwined for centuries.

Stole Popov

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

This looks actually pretty cool. Im sick of these balkan (and especially macedonian movies) that take them selves too hard and try too hard. Im thinking of movies like 'before the rain" which i think are over rated.

Actually, this movie reminds me of "Dust" in some ways but hopefully it will be better. "Dust" had a lot of promise and the setting was great (ottoman macedonia) but again the director tried to hard to make it very artsy and the thing fell apart

I personally think that settings like european ottoman empire (especially macedonia) are untapped potential for some good war movies for hollywood to make btw

Comment

• Redsun
                • Jul 2013

Yeh I agree its sounds cool.

Not just hollywood, why let them make all the money?

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                  Really? You seem to run to Wikipedia all the time, but for some reason, this time, you didn't; or you did, but chose not to believe it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dae_%28film%29
                  Even if that (marginally) makes him an "Oscar nominee director", that's pretty good and I stand corrected. Sorry, Stole.

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                  This looks actually pretty cool. Im sick of these balkan (and especially macedonian movies) that take them selves too hard and try too hard. Im thinking of movies like 'before the rain" which i think are over rated.
                  "Before the Rain" is your only film that I have seen and I thought it was excellent, a near masterpiece. You should be very-very proud of it! I have probably seen more than 10 Yugoslavian films (mostly Serbian/Bosnian) and a couple of Bulgarian ones. Nothing Albanian yet.

"I Am from Titov Veles" is also in my watch list, and I may see it in the next weeks.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

I liked the movie.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

До Балчак- To the Hilt

TO THE HILT-OFFICIAL TRAILER 2014 [HD] - YouTube
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                        • Jul 2012

Anyone got a stream

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                          • Apr 2014

Anyone know where to watch it or obtain it with English subtitles?
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

The full movie is on Youtube, it's in Macedonian subtitles though.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                              The full movie is on Youtube, it's in Macedonian subtitles though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0bDKa02eps
                              Yeah I saw that. Would like to watch it first in English subtitles and then a second viewing without them as I don't know the language well.
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                              X