X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orovnichanec
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
    Being half an Armenets, I think I would have heard about this. I'll do some asking around though.
    I've seen and heard Hagi as being mentioned many times as a Vlach, and many times as a ethnic Macedonian.

When I said Hagi is from Armensko I meant his family, Hagi himself was born in Romania.

A recent article in 2007 in the guardian talks about Hagi, and the journalist states he is an ethnic Macedonian, along with another fellow who has a Romanian/Vlach last name.

Becali and Hagi, both ethnic Macedonians, have been friends for many years. When Hagi was a player with Sportul Studentesc and then Steaua, Becali would bring him and his team-mates milk, butter and cheese from his father's farm - luxuries in Ceauşescu's Romania. They supposedly fell out over a nightclub dancer in the late 80s, but when Hagi joined Real Madrid in 1990, he loaned Becali $70,000 to start the business that has made his fortune. Hagi even served as "godfather" at Becali's wedding, a Romanian extension of the best man's role whereby he is supposed to act as a spiritual advisor to the bride and groom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2.../sport.comment
    "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

@ Osiris
      The Gunners blow another chance to narrow the gap to 4th place in the EPL, drawing against Sunderand 0-0 at home today.
      They are gonna miss the Champions League at this rate, 4th place is getting farther and farther away every week with results like this....

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

When I said Hagi is from Armensko I meant his family, Hagi himself was born in Romania.
        It may very well be possible that some member of his family came from there. I'll see what I can find out.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

yes spartan what a hopeless effort, do you think there maybe some internal dissatisfaction and strife.

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

I think between the coach and the board there may be, not between Wenger and the players though.
            Its these injuries that I blame for this years poor form.
            Its hard to replace guts like Eduardo, Rosicky, Adebayor and Fabregas.
            The aquisition of Arshavin was a step in the right direction though

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

yes take the best 4 or 5 of any team even at that level and your teams effort will suffer. maybe chelsea few years ago had the talent on the bench to cover such an injury list.
              manchester united despite what think of their overbearing thug coach have been an amzing team under him.

Comment

• Spartan
                • Sep 2008

There are very few teams that could handle the injuries Arsenal has had to deal with this year, Man U probably being one of them. Although I am of the opinion that if you take C.Ronaldo off their team , they are rather ordinary...

Anyways
                I think ManU plays Inter tomorrow in the UEFA Champions League
                Should be a Dandy!!
                Arsenal vs Roma also tomorrow or Wednesday, and Chelsea vs Real Madrid
                Excellent week of football coming up to say the least.
                Who do you like in these match-ups Osiris?
                I am a gambling man and would appreciate any input, lol

Comment

• kure
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                  There are very few teams that could handle the injuries Arsenal has had to deal with this year, Man U probably being one of them. Although I am of the opinion that if you take C.Ronaldo off their team , they are rather ordinary...

Anyways
                  I think ManU plays Inter tomorrow in the UEFA Champions League
                  Should be a Dandy!!
                  Arsenal vs Roma also tomorrow or Wednesday, and Chelsea vs Real Madrid
                  Excellent week of football coming up to say the least.
                  Who do you like in these match-ups Osiris?
                  I am a gambling man and would appreciate any input, lol
                  At 4-1, I'd put a nice bet on Roma beating your Arsenal. No Adebayor, no Arshavin, equals no win. On the other hand, I am of the strong opinion of never betting on a result you don't want to happen. In other words, I never bet against my favorite teams. If you'd like to make some money, I'm guessing a 65% chance for Roma to come away victorious tomorrow (even though according to the bookies they are underdogs).

As for the other games. A win/do not bet on Manchester United against Inter Milan is looking pretty good at 2.2 odds. (if the game draws, it's like you never bet on the game) Also, Bayern Munich should have no problem taking care of Sporting Lisbon away at 2.4 odds. If you want to playit safer, take the win/ do not bet for Bayern at 1.7.

Good luck if you decide to make any bets.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I take advice from my kure everyday.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

i dont know who is going to win, spartan its too hard and unpredictable at this level, but i want arsenal inter and madrid to . i cannot stand the nouveau riche teams of chelsea and man u.

Comment

• kure
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                        i dont know who is going to win, spartan its too hard and unpredictable at this level, but i want arsenal inter and madrid to . i cannot stand the nouveau riche teams of chelsea and man u.
                        going with the complete opposite of my picks are you?

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

i am not picking kure i am wishing.

Comment

• Spartan
                            • Sep 2008

I like your Bayern pick, Lisbon is totally outmatched, I agree
                            Also, I like Villareal to absolutely HAMMER Panathinaikos on Wedneday...

Comment

• Spartan
                              • Sep 2008

Champions league results from today-

FT Arsenal 1 - 0 AS Roma
                              37' [1 - 0] R.v. Persie (pen.)
                              Osiris
                              What a great game!
                              Arsenal could have won this game 4-0, but their finishing was poor.
                              They played like the Arsenal of old today my friend
                              What a beautiful display of football....

FT Atletico Madrid 2 - 2 FC Porto
                              3' [1 - 0] M. Rodriguez
                              22' [1 - 1] L. Lopez
                              45' [2 - 1] D. Forlan
                              72' [2 - 2] L. Lopez

FT Inter Milan 0 - 0 Manchester U

FT Lyon 1 - 1 Barcelona
                              7' [1 - 0] Juninho
                              67' [1 - 1] T. Henry

Is it possible that an admin could change the name of this thread to something more appropriate?
                              This is clearly not a "Macedonia vs Moldova" thread anymore,lol...
                              Perhaps it could be the football thread or something like that?
                              Last edited by Spartan; 02-24-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                                • Sep 2008

Changed Spartan
                                "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

Working...
                                X