X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

All New Members Visit Here

This is for new members that have ill-intentions on this website and forum, if you do not fall in this category, feel free to disregard this thread.

We are Macedonians, ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically.

We respect all of your nationalities. It is clear racists are unable to return this gesture of normality. So for all of you that are new and have racist tendencies, there is one question that you should answer before going on to the other threads, for the benefit of everybody and to save time for both of us. We do not want racists, you can disagree with our sentiments, but you will not be given a free reign to disrespect our people, the Macedonians. So..............

In one word, ONE WORD, what is the ethnic and national name of our people?
    Last edited by Soldier of Macedon; 04-12-2010, 01:17 AM. Reason: Edited and updated to include all new members of all nationalities
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

Hello Soldier of Macedon

I am new here and have been following this site aswell as Maknews. Also I have never registered or written at Maknews.

It is clear for me that I have to follow your rules. I will therefore refer to you as Macedonian (ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically).

Could you just clarify your message (especially since you are an administrator):

Will you, as you say in your message, actively take action against those who refer to Greeks in an insulting way, or for that matter anything else then Greek or Hellenes? (since as you mention that you want to respect us as Greeks).

For the rest, I am Greek living outside of Greece but in Europe and as I mentioned, I have never participated actively on ANY forum for that matter (neither Greek forums). I am not a Greek Macedonian and have no Macedonian roots. I have 1 Macedonian friend but we unfortunately don't have the chance so much to see each other.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Giorikas

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

I can assure you that if you show respect you will get respect.

Comment

• Giorikas
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
        I can assure you that if you show respect you will get respect.
        Hi Jankovska,

Thanks, I'll do my best regardless of whether I get any respect back, but that wasn't the question and neither are you an administrator (with the ability to ban me)

Before participating I think it's important that we make those things clear.
        I have read by several people that the rules were simple: I have to refer to you as Macedonians (Etc)because otherwise that would be considered offensive. Very simple & fair enough.
        I see in other threads a whole bunch of Greeks being banned. One of them for quoting from Wikipedia, haven't had time to check why the others have been banned.
        Should we not for clarity sake add this rule (no Wikipedia quotes) for all to follow (and in future) with the same reseult for all, regardless of their nationality? You might get the impression that refeering to you as Macedonians, your country as Macedonia etc was all there was too it, but it seems rules are being made up as we go along (in most cases that has lead to Greeks being banned). Am I allowed to disagree with Macedonians on this forum or not?

And I repeat my question; can the administrators please confirm that the Greek identity will be respected too (Thus we will be referred to as Greeks or Hellenes) as Soldier of Macedon kindly mentioned in his message. He didn't have to do that since it's your site, but he did.
        That means of course that the same consequences would apply for those who do not follow that rule. Its a matter of common courtacy.

Thanks,

Giorikas

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
          Hello Soldier of Macedon

I am new here and have been following this site aswell as Maknews. Also I have never registered or written at Maknews.

It is clear for me that I have to follow your rules. I will therefore refer to you as Macedonian (ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically).

Could you just clarify your message (especially since you are an administrator):

Will you, as you say in your message, actively take action against those who refer to Greeks in an insulting way, or for that matter anything else then Greek or Hellenes? (since as you mention that you want to respect us as Greeks).

For the rest, I am Greek living outside of Greece but in Europe and as I mentioned, I have never participated actively on ANY forum for that matter (neither Greek forums). I am not a Greek Macedonian and have no Macedonian roots. I have 1 Macedonian friend but we unfortunately don't have the chance so much to see each other.

Giorikas
          Well done and welcome Giorikas.
          We will definitely try to live up to our end.
          As of about 2 years ago I even started using a capital G in front of Greece. I found it did not kill me. In fact, it was liberating for me because I am a bit of a grammar Nazi.

I must mention to you though, this is a Macedonian forum and to be brutally honest, Macedonians will always be given the benefit of the doubt.

We welcome your contributions.

pozdrav
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Giorikas
            • Sep 2008

Hello Risto,

Thanks for that as well for the capital G hehe.

I am not making demands here and I can understand that Macedonians will always be given the benefit of the doubt, it would be impossible for the administrators to be 100% impartial, but I would really appreciate to know whether you administrators will keep your part of the bargain.
            It's a clear question: (and again, Soldier of Macedon was not obliged to do that so I appreciate the gesture) will those referring to Greeks in an insulting way be banned too?

looking forward to contribute here,

Best regards,

Giorikas

Comment

• Struja
              • Sep 2008

Hello Soldier of Macedon

Giorikas
              giorikas the hellene

welcome to the forum..

pozdrav,
              Struja.

Comment

• Giorikas
                • Sep 2008

Hi Struja,

You forgot the capital G . Thanks anyway and pozdrav back,

Giorikas

Comment

• Delodephius
                  • Sep 2008

I agree we should add a "no spamming quotes from Wikipedia" rule. However, I think we should still allow quoting Wikipedia in certain cases, like "look what those idiots have written on Wikipedia", i.e. when criticising Wikipedia, or when using it to make a point, but not as evidence or proof that something is true.

I'll do my best regardless of whether I get any respect back
                  He, I suggest you don't do that. If you get disrespected, fire back and don't be polite. Trust me, many Greeks tried this tactic and they turned to be the most annoying people, because they always had that excuse that they were not being disrespectful of forum rules.
                  अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                  उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                  This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                  But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Hello Soldier of Macedon

Giorikas
                    Welcome to our forum, if you show respect you will get respect.
                    Why did you never register at MakNews and why did you decide to register here at MacedonianTruth?
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

I see in other threads a whole bunch of Greeks being banned. One of them for quoting from Wikipedia, haven't had time to check why the others have been banned.
                      Sir, I see that you have followed this topic closely, wikipedia in itself is not the problem, not more than its validity is disputed. The problem was that the user SPAMMED this forum with various Wkikpedia quotes in various posts of his. He was warned about his behavior of spamming. Spamming is not allowed here.
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Neither am I adimn or I care, I just told you how it works as a member of a forum- you can do and behave any way you like, I can't care less.
                        I do appologise for telling you how it normally works, I will not respond to you anymore and you can go on and lick some more arse.

Comment

• Giorikas
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                          Neither am I adimn or I care, I just told you how it works as a member of a forum- you can do and behave any way you like, I can't care less.
                          I do appologise for telling you how it normally works, I will not respond to you anymore and you can go on and lick some more arse.
                          Hey Jankovska,

Relax a bit.

Giorikas

Comment

• Giorikas
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                            I agree we should add a "no spamming quotes from Wikipedia" rule. However, I think we should still allow quoting Wikipedia in certain cases, like "look what those idiots have written on Wikipedia", i.e. when criticising Wikipedia, or when using it to make a point, but not as evidence or proof that something is true.

He, I suggest you don't do that. If you get disrespected, fire back and don't be polite. Trust me, many Greeks tried this tactic and they turned to be the most annoying people, because they always had that excuse that they were not being disrespectful of forum rules.
                            I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Comment

• Giorikas
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                              Welcome to our forum, if you show respect you will get respect.
                              Why did you never register at MakNews and why did you decide to register here at MacedonianTruth?
                              Thanks,

No particular reason. It looked like most of the members there knew each other for years and have been going around in circles for years too, and I found the reactions to be very predictable most of the time. Not because he is Greek, but I found Sportster to be a good example of an exception to the 'Professional Macedonians' and 'Professional Greeks'. The one Macedonian I know and the many Greeks I know are not like that. Some of them might be very interested in history and to a large extent proud of what they are, but not to an extent that this problem it is something they had 24/7 on their mind.
                              I agreed to disagree with the Macedonian (Cedo) and both us of being far away from home found that we had more in common with each other then with the locals so we left it at that.

That's generally my problem with that kind of forums (even if I can never exclude joining them at some point).
                              The Greek members will always favour the Greek members, and the Macedonian do the same from their side.
                              In the end there is no dialogue at all because it always leads to the guest being banned for whatever pretext admistrators can find. It's for this reason that I am asking these questions and if I am not convinced that some sort of impartiality is guaranteed, then I will not stay here long time. The forum will be yours with no-one to oppose your views and that would not add quality to it.
                              As for this forum, as for other forums I believe that your reason for existance as a forum depends for certain extent on members from the other side, that's what makes it interesting to read (speaking for myself who followed from the sidelines).
                              I get easily bored by Greeks repeating the same thing aswell as by Macedonians doing the same thing. It adds nothing to what I have read before most of the time.

If this were my site I would invite not more then 2 administrators that you trust from each side to make sure that it works in a more or less fair way. (To be clear, I am not applying and wouldn't have the time for it) Too many administrators make up their own little rules along the way. You'd be surprised how well that would work.

Hope that answers your question,

Take care,

Giorikas

Comment

Working...
                              X