X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    BTW, it would take a miracle for me to ever respect the Greek Orthodox Church given their direct involvement on the eradication of Macedonians.
    I feel the same way, as unfortunate as it is, but they have actively pursued the eradication of Macedonians for well over a century. And they still do, as this most recent example shows. Many of their priests are mentally ill when it comes time to talk about Macedonians. Perhaps they must adhere to that doctrine, who knows, it is hard to believe that there aren't at least a few Greek priests who aren't obsessively racist against Macedonians. Or maybe not. I haven't heard of any.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

How can he be considered to be a man of God with his hate speech, he will go straight to hell.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

I was caught in two minds wherever to post this here or in the "Greeks Harbouring Terrorists" thread.

The latter would have been more appropriate as the Greek Orthodox church have a history of violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror). As we can see, they still do to this day.

What are your thoughts Voltron?
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          Greek Priest Calls for Attack on Macedonian Radio Station
          When Nationalism meets Religion you get Hell
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

the greek church is just as guilty of trying to convert macedonians not to christianity but to greek nationilsm..THe clergy were very busy trying to breainwash people of all persuasions.Why would a man of god order to destroy church property what will that achieve or why destroy a radio station???
            Last edited by George S.; 08-19-2011, 10:07 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Do you think they are really men of religion?

These people are simply politicians because they are into politics more than religions. The politicians in priest suit and this makes them more effective cuz in the eyes of ordinary people, they have a divine identity with that huge beard and black suit. They even represent extremist far-right views since they talk about keeping Greece ethnically Greek only, preaches hate about Greece`s neighbors. They also support fascist youth in their country. Greek church was collecting money to support Kurdish PKK and feeding terrorists in migrant camps, in Athens. You know, they preach hate about all the other migrants in Greece but "for some reason" they were in love with Kurdish ones!!! We also know their involvement in Serbia-Bosnia war. You know, they were raising money for Serbian chetniks, recruited orthodox mujaheddins in Greece to spill more blood and they hosted Radovan Karadzic in Greece with compassion.

So, they don't look like a man of religion to me, but more like politicians cuz a man of religion preaches for peace, not for war. It`s the politicians who preaches for war. I am not into religions but i am quite sure about one thing; If there is a hell, i know that the politicians are the ones who will first go there.
              Last edited by Onur; 08-20-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

Cultea why do you not give us your view on this matter.
                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

If the greekgovt asks the greek church to do something the church says how high.It's a matter of church & state in cohoots together .How often have we seen the church give a helping hand to the state & persecute it's monorities.The church is just as guilty as the govt of greece.It's not a matter about the spread of christianity as it has nothing to do with that but it's trying to convert macedonians into grks to do the state's bidding & that's the truth.
                  They have been carried off by this nationalism hellenism so they think that they just manipulate people & convert them to grks.
                  Last edited by George S.; 08-20-2011, 04:55 AM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

i think it`s the other way around. The church says jump and the government asks how high. I believe the Greek church representatives are more powerful than the government officers in Greece.

Last year, Greek ministry of education wanted to change the history books for young students in Greece to eliminate the hateful comments and fake drawings about their neighbors, mostly Turks. They organized a committee with 10s of scholars, they worked for years to rewrite the books but Greek church defied it in the end and said that these new books would undermine the Greek identity and unity. The project immediately canceled out and the new books gone to the garbage.
                    Last edited by Onur; 08-20-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

It could be a bit of both onur the reason being the church is doing the govt's bidding to create new nationals.If it was to do with christianity that's different.They were out there i think in the 1800's trying to convert people not as christians but as grks,Also the bulgarian church were trying to convert macedonians into bulgarians.This is a proven fact in history of what things the greek & bulgarian church tried to do.They were all scouring the macedonian countriside trying to convert people's nationality beleive it or not.I thimk all that was happening before the young turk movement.
                      Last edited by George S.; 08-20-2011, 08:28 AM. Reason: ed
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

The trolls have avoided this latest news like the plague.

Seems our resident "Hellenic-fabricators" cant polish this up to be anywhere near justifiable.

Thats right..... hide your heads in shame.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i heard the greek church has got the same problem in australia as the macedonians..In sydney They got some dispute about some church hall as to who should be getting the money by charging for usage.
                          Last edited by George S.; 08-23-2011, 04:57 AM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

Encyclopedia Britannica 1968.

Bulgaria
                            II. History.
                            6. Turkish Rule.

From page 390, paragraph four.

The spiritual domination of the Greek patriarchate had tended more effectually than the temporal power of the Turks to the effacement of Bulgarian nationality. After the Turkish conquest of the Greek peninsula the Greek patriarch had become the representative at the sublime Porte of the Rum millet, the Roman nation, in which all the Christian nationalities were comprised. The independent patriarchate of Turnovo was suppressed by the Turks; that of Ohrid was subsequently made Greek. The Phanariot clergy- unscrupulous, rapacious and corrupt - monopolized the higher ecclesiastical appointments and filled the parishes with Greek priests, whose schools, in which Greek was exclusively taught, were the only means of instruction open to the people. Greek became the fashionable language of the upper classes in many Bulgarian towns, and the Bulgarian language was written in Greek characters.
                            The Slavonic liturgy was suppressed and in many places the old Bulgarian manuscripts, images, testaments and missals were burned.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Another priest would be needed to bury this one if it happened to a child of mine.

Amphipolis..... Have you seen this, or know anything about this priest? and please don't tell me he still practices.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                                Another priest would be needed to bury this one if it happened to a child of mine.

Amphipolis..... Have you seen this, or know anything about this priest? and please don't tell me he still practices.
                                Accounts for the acquired brain injury evident in the majority of greeks today...

Comment

Working...
                                X