• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

How many ethnic greeks in greece?

Greeks, please share your thoughts.

Note: Of course, all including the host Macedonians are welcome to share their thoughts also.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Greeks, please share your thoughts.

Note: Of course, all including the host Macedonians are welcome to share their thoughts also.
    original Greeks that still were pagans and not Christians thus the were Hellenes. They existed in the days of Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos,they lived in an isolated part of the Morea, after the wast settlement of the Albanians in the Morea in the 15th century, it is very hard to say.......

I think Kosta Karamanlis is an real ethnic Greek
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      original Greeks that still were pagans and not Christians thus the were Hellenes. They existed in the days of Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos,they lived in an isolated part of the Morea, after the wast settlement of the Albanians in the Morea in the 15th century, it is very hard to say.......

I think Kosta Karamanlis is an real ethnic Greek
      So ethnicity is a matter of religion,according to you...(plz dont start AGAIN about the Greekconstitutionof1820's Issue...it's as fresh as cheese 5 days out of the fridge,...)

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
        So ethnicity is a matter of religion,according to you...(plz dont start AGAIN about the Greekconstitutionof1820's Issue...it's as fresh as cheese 5 days out of the fridge,...)
        What does ETHNOS mean in Greek?

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

What does ETHNOS mean in Greek?

Εθνος/ethnos=nation /ethnicity

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%88%...BD%CE%BF%CF%82

Εθνος/ethnos=nation /ethnicity
            So Greeks equals Nation=Ethnicity, is that correct?

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

So Greeks equals Nation=Ethnicity, is that correct?
              Nation is ethnos,nationality is ethnikotita, ethnicity is ethnotita.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Nation is ethnos,nationality is ethnikotita, ethnicity is ethnotita.
                You say tomato, I say tomatoe.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Well TerraNova, care to have a guess at how many?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008

Well TerraNova, care to have a guess at how many?
                    What's the point of your question....to "reveal" how many Greeks descent from assimilated Vlachs or Arvanites ??
                    Well that would be impossible and much more useless.

Impossible because this assimilation process started before 200 or more years and it is already completed.So someone who has one grandma who spoke Vlahic apart from Greek..is not an ethnic Greek?

And were would you put the line of "ethnic purity"..i mean 100,200,500,2000 years before?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Can you answer the question?

Comment

• TerraNova
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008

Can you answer the question?
                        Can you define me what you mean by ethnic Greek?

If you don't mean nonsense about pure blood straight to antiquity-which i m afraid you mean-and you mean natives (not immigrants) who have a Greek consiousness and speak Greek
                        ....then it's the total of the Greek citizens minus the Muslim minority of Thrace (some 110.000,of whom -50% ethnic Turks,-35% Pomaks,15% Muslim Gypsies) ,minus Armenians (30.000) and Jews (some 5000) ,ethnic Macedonians (more than 10.000 /Helsinki Monitor says 10-30.000) ,minus Gypsies -some 200.000.
                        I guess some minor ethnicities too.

So r u satisfied ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

So how much % in the total population does that make, 97%? 96%? 95%?

AND HOW DO YOU COME TO THESE FIGURES IF GREECE HAS NEVER DONE A CENSUS BASED ETHNICITY AND LANGUAGE?

WHO HAS GIVEN YOU THE RIGHT TO DECLARE ON BEHALF OF THESE PEOPLE?

Show me where I equate the self-promotion of ethnically pure with 'pure blood' or any such nonsense, put your copy of Mien Kampf down for a second, the Germans have left already.

Comment

• TerraNova
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

So how much % in the total population does that make, 97%? 96%? 95%?

AND HOW DO YOU COME TO THESE FIGURES IF GREECE HAS NEVER DONE A CENSUS BASED ETHNICITY AND LANGUAGE?

WHO HAS GIVEN YOU THE RIGHT TO DECLARE ON BEHALF OF THESE PEOPLE?
                            You asked abt my estimation-which is based on data coming of several organizations-not by a national census.

Show me where I equate the self-promotion of ethnically pure with 'pure blood' or any such nonsense, put your copy of Mien Kampf down for a second, the Germans have left already.
                            When you question the ethnic identity of someone whose family- since his great grandfathers before 200 years -self identified as Greeks.
                            This is ...let's see....ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE!
                            Last edited by TerraNova; 12-20-2008, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

What's the point of your question....to "reveal" how many Greeks descent from assimilated Vlachs or Arvanites ??
                              Well that would be impossible and much more useless.

Impossible because this assimilation process started before 200 or more years and it is already completed.So someone who has one grandma who spoke Vlahic apart from Greek..is not an ethnic Greek?

And were would you put the line of "ethnic purity"..i mean 100,200,500,2000 years before?
                              I'll put it 1000 years ago,when first ariveals started,that is no such far away,if evry body lives for 60 years,it is about 10 generations,or les...that is not much for total assimilation.Turks couldnt do it in 500 years, so how could others before them,there was no schools,books....
                              Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                              - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

Working...
                              X