X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Recent history in Macedonia has shown us that such people seldom live up to expectations...
    No argument there. Improbable. But not impossible.
    ...even if a patriotic and charismatic leader was to rise from the ashes, he would have nothing and nobody to work with...
    There are people to work with in Macedonia, I am certain of it. But they need a leader who will ignite the spark. Somebody who is not just prepared to risk his status but possibly his freedom and his life. If we look at this situation pragmatically, it is very unlikely that things will change unless certain unconventional methods are adopted. Macedonia can still be saved, except it will have to go through some more turbulence first.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Something from a couple of weeks ago regarding SDS:

04.02.2019: SDSM launches open call for presidential candidates

SDSM has launched an open call for self-nomination of candidates for the upcoming presidential election. The call lists four criteria required of the candidates: to be a person with a high social reputation, to be capable of performing high state functions, to enjoy the trust of the membership and supporters of SDSM, as well as to be a person who will implement SDSM’s policy in the best way possible and will work on the realization of the strategic priorities of the Republic of Macedonia – full membership in NATO and the EU, as well as international affirmation and promotion of the Republic of Macedonia. The decision to issue the call was made at the latest session of the SDSM Central Board when they announced that a session of the Executive Board will be held by the end of the week to make a final decision whether early parliamentary elections will be held together with the presidential, as VMRO-DPMNE requires. SDSM said that the name of the presidential candidate will be revealed on March 3, and unofficially the names of ministers Oliver Spasovski, Radmila Sekerinska, Nikola Dimitrov and the national NATO co-ordinator Stevo Pendarovski are mentioned in public.
      Has a decision been made on whether the parliamentary elections will be held together with the presidential elections?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        ...There are people to work with in Macedonia, I am certain of it. But they need a leader who will ignite the spark. Somebody who is not just prepared to risk his status but possibly his freedom and his life. If we look at this situation pragmatically, it is very unlikely that things will change unless certain unconventional methods are adopted. Macedonia can still be saved, except it will have to go through some more turbulence first.
        A lack of quality leadership is a huge problem, I'm not sure if Macedonia has had any leader that put Macedonia's interests ahead of his own personal ambitions and greed...it will take much more than electing a president with the right attributes...the entire political class operates as an organised crime syndicate that has sucked the life out of the place for almost 3 decades...there's a really good reason why very little progress has been made in the past 30 years and we've never been deeper in the hole than we find ourselves in today...

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Something from a couple of weeks ago regarding SDS:

Has a decision been made on whether the parliamentary elections will be held together with the presidential elections?
          SDSM rejected that. It's only Presidential elections, which means no Przino agreement and therefore considerable opportunity and likelihood of ballot stuffing by SDSM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
            SDSM rejected that. It's only Presidential elections, which means no Przino agreement and therefore considerable opportunity and likelihood of ballot stuffing by SDSM.
            Damn. Not good. Did they reject the call by ethnic Albanian politicians to elect future presidents in the parliament?

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

No they haven't.

This is why a boycott of the Presidential elections will lead to Talat Xhaferi becoming President for 6 months, per the Constitution. During that time, a two-thirds parliamentary majority will change the Constitution such that a President is elected by Parliament, with Talat Xhaferi signing it into Law.

That's unlikely to ever be undone, as it will require a two-third majority which likely will not happen for a decade or so.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

...Has a decision been made on whether the parliamentary elections will be held together with the presidential elections?
                I'm pretty sure they've taken the parliamentary elections off the agenda officially...which is piss poor form because in any proper functioning democracy an election would be an appropriate test to garner the required mandate for the changes that Zaev has implemented since coming to power, the same things that he never campaigned on prior to coming to power...apparently Zaev doesn't want to derail the 'progress' he's making on his march toward Brussels...lol

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                  • Oct 2011

But they need a leader who will ignite the spark. Somebody who is not just prepared to risk his status but possibly his freedom and his life.
                  To be honest, as desperate as the situation is, I couldn’t think of anything worse than Macedonians relying on a leader to get them out of this mess and that’s because a leader is a single point of failure, even if he or she was to rise to power, if his or her opponents don’t find a way to defeat them, time eventually will, and when they fall, so too will the objectives of their labours. While no doubt a strong leader can sometimes be viewed as a nation’s greatest strength, it is in reality its greatet vulnerability. I’m sure many examples automatically come to mind in this respect.

What Macedonia needs and always has needed, is not a leader, but leaders. Leaders who champion the cause as the priority of the nations purpose. 30 years after independence should have seen an entire generation of such leaders, yet the cause was never regarded as a priority in the Republic, Instead we have a generation of... well I don’t think I really need to explain what we have right now, it’s been detailed and explained here ad nauseam. It really is self evident to anyone with even the slightest sense of curiosity of the Republics issues. I think that’s why we have come to call for even just one person to step forward and take on even the slightest bit of responsibility a whole generation should have been entrusted with
                  Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-16-2019, 07:08 AM.
                  “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                    To be honest, as desperate as the situation is, I couldn’t think of anything worse than Macedonians relying on a leader to get them out of this mess and that’s because a leader is a single point of failure....
                    If circumstances were different, I would agree with you. But we don't have multiple leaders, at least none that can agree on any decisive action. We have the choice of relying on one clear leader with the correct mindset or gambling on the democratic consensus of a bunch of pretenders who are scared to say what needs to be said. A charismatic champion of the Macedonian Cause now could inspire a new generation of ideologically solid leaders down the track. What other options do you think we have?

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

If circumstances were different, I would agree with you. But we don't have multiple leaders, at least none that can agree on any decisive action. We have the choice of relying on one clear leader with the correct mindset or gambling on the democratic consensus of a bunch of pretenders who are scared to say what needs to be said. A charismatic champion of the Macedonian Cause now could inspire a new generation of ideologically solid leaders down the track. What other options do you think we have?
                      I share in the same hope as you. I just can’t help having this unsettling feeling when repeatedly hearing these calls for “a leader” to step up and fix all our problems as the solution we are all after, when knowing that any reliance on a single leader (aka a strongman) is likely to be more detrimental to the pursuit of the cause (a strongman is definitely not what the cause is about, well at least that’s my view). Grujevski, tried to positioned himself as a strongman and look at the havoc his toppling unleashed. People who idolise Putin for his strongman status are similarly delusional as his reign and example will likely lead to Russia’s final demise.

I know these are desperate times, and I know the impact one figure can have, particularly to inspire or incept cultural change, but I just felt inclined to offer the reminder that the real solution (particularly the long term solution) is not reliant on a leader, but leaders.
                      Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-16-2019, 08:56 AM.
                      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Yesterday the DPNE conference of delegates was held in order to vote for their official presidential candidate. They have chosen Siljjanovska-Davkova. If Filip Petrovski continues, he must go independent.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Given the political differences between Siljanovska and Petrovski, we can see the ideals of VMRO and modern DPNE are worlds apart. They remain an anti Macedonian political party.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

For those that missed it, a summary of the speeches of Petrovski and Siljanovska:

Filip Petrovski
                            With regard to Filip Petrovski's speech, passionate, energetic, tough, alive. Didn't pull any punches and at times looked like he was lecturing and telling off the delegates. He was vicious and I don't think many of the delegates will vote for him out of spite. He was seldom applauded like they were trying to ignore him. At one point he told them he doesn't need their applause, lol. He also told them not to spread lies about him, because he isn't dividing the party, they are.

Other things mentioned. REPEATEDLY said that the Prespa Agreement must be destroyed, same for the dual-language law. REPEATEDLY spoke of Ilinden and ASNOM principles and spirit. REPEATEDLY said the name change must be revoked. Never Northern. Always Macedonia! REPEATEDLY said the Ohrid Agreement must be destroyed. Boycott of presidential elections will be bad for Macedonia because Talat Dzaferi will be president and he thinks more of Ilirida or greater Albania rather than Macedonia. The purpose of the party and the solution to the problems isn’t to look for validation from other countries but from the Macedonians. Talked about foreigners constantly lying and making false promises to Macedonians.

Attacked SDS for the change of name, flag change and border changes that turned Tetovo into an Albanian city. If Zaev isn’t opposed, it will only get worse, Macedonia will eventually be cantonised. Will not sign a single law from Zaev. Either there will be premature elections or they can try and impeach him. Dared them to try that on someone who is chosen by half a million Macedonians. Asking the delegates why they behave like these things are forbidden to talk about. Said they think as he does but are scared to say it now. Talked about generations of Macedonians who fought for Macedonia and demanded that those in prison for the incident at the parliament are freed rather then setting free those who committed crimes in the Monster case and in Kumanovo.
                            Gordana Siljanovska-Davkova
                            She says she's a Christian and a descendant of the Biblical Lydia of Macedonia then a few minutes later says all nations were created in the 19th century, not the 5th century. Talked about her ancestors who fought for Macedonia. Made several references to different authors about Macedonia. She's intelligent, no doubt about it. Talked about Macedonia's right to self-determination. That she boycotted the referendum. She thinks she could get many people to vote for her, people from other parties, people who haven't voted before, first time voters, etc. She is against boycotting these elections and indicated that the previous candidate (Petrovski) was right about that. Also said she won't badmouth fellow candidates.

Many people were repeatedly applauding her, especially when she started attacking Zaev, many of them got up and applauded, giving her a standing ovation.Says as president, she will go to the assembly/parliament to address issues whenever they arise. Wants to limit the privileges of the president. Wants to reduce the amount of Macedonian ministries (apparently we have something like 28 whereas a country like Switzerland has only 7). She wants to remove the second consensus in the second round of presidential elections (or something like that, didn't quite fully catch that part).

RED FLAG. Her response to the name change is to set up a team of experts from Macedonia and foreign countries to open the question about the issue before international institutions.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Given the political differences between Siljanovska and Petrovski, we can see the ideals of VMRO and modern DPNE are worlds apart. They remain an anti Macedonian political party.
                              None of the candidates are perfect. But it would seem that the only patriotic choice is Filip Petrovski. The DPNE delegates chose the opposite.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                                I share in the same hope as you. I just can’t help having this unsettling feeling when repeatedly hearing these calls for “a leader” to step up and fix all our problems as the solution....
                                I have the same concerns if the expectation is for one person to fix all of our problems.
                                I know these are desperate times, and I know the impact one figure can have, particularly to inspire or incept cultural change, but I just felt inclined to offer the reminder that the real solution (particularly the long term solution) is not reliant on a leader, but leaders.
                                That's fair enough, and I agree, I don't think it is a long term solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X