Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > На Македонски

Old 05-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #341
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a beautiful Macedonian song. Call me biased or whatever, but this type of culturally rich music truly sets Macedonian apart when it comes to the Balkans. Everything about it is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmChfABgig
Old 05-10-2017, 12:47 AM   #342
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

"Ja Izlezi Gjurgjo" by Next Time. To say that I really like this song would be the understatement of the century. It's had over 3,300,000 views and I reckon I account for at least half of those views. It's absolutely beautiful. A master piece of this type of genre where they take an old Macedonian folk song and give it a new modern twist. It doesn't always work but when done correctly, it takes your breath away. This song by Next Time is a perfect example of this type of Macedonian music genre...And I'm not even a fan of any of their previous work. Sit back, relax and enjoy (if you haven't already had the pleasure).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12pu3mmZD_A
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #343
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
"Ja Izlezi Gjurgjo" by Next Time. To say that I really like this song would be the understatement of the century. It's had over 3,300,000 views and I reckon I account for at least half of those views. It's absolutely beautiful. A master piece of this type of genre where they take an old Macedonian folk song and give it a new modern twist. It doesn't always work but when done correctly, it takes your breath away. This song by Next Time is a perfect example of this type of Macedonian music genre...And I'm not even a fan of any of their previous work. Sit back, relax and enjoy (if you haven't already had the pleasure).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12pu3mmZD_A
Surely they have to give this a go at Eurovision one year!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:17 AM   #344
Karposh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
Surely they have to give this a go at Eurovision one year!
I've often thought that too. But it looks like the Eurovision Rules prevent us from entering this version of the song. I just looked up Wikipedia's page on the "Rules of The Eurovision Song Contest" and here's what it says:

"The entering song is also not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's work. All songs must be completely original in terms of songwriting and instrumentation, and may not have been released publicly before 1 September of the year preceding. If released publicly, it may only be released in the entrant country's market until after the contest."
Old 06-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #345
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
I've often thought that too. But it looks like the Eurovision Rules prevent us from entering this version of the song. I just looked up Wikipedia's page on the "Rules of The Eurovision Song Contest" and here's what it says:

"The entering song is also not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's work. All songs must be completely original in terms of songwriting and instrumentation, and may not have been released publicly before 1 September of the year preceding. If released publicly, it may only be released in the entrant country's market until after the contest."
Sorry Karposh I just saw this reply.

That`s a real shame I think it would have been amazing. On another note I really think that they should get back to singing in Macedonian when performing at Eurovision. There seems to be a trend of preferring to sing in English which definitely takes away the uniqueness of the performance.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #346
Momce Makedonce

I never would have thought that Next Time would have been able to top their previous work of Ja Izlezi Gjurgjo. However this new one is a remake of the song Slusham Kaj Sumat Sumite and it is just as good, if not better! Enjoy this masterpiece!

https://youtu.be/nWYfEGdd5Oo
Old 10-14-2017, 06:30 AM   #347
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Reality lovely.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #348
Karposh

I found this on YouTube and thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beh-bnTHxcw
Old 12-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #349
Karposh

Why have I only just come across this version of the famous old song "Teshko Mina Doktore"? This version is sung by, what I believe is Vojo Stojanovski's son, Damjan Stojanovski. Clearly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Incidentally, I just found out that Vlatko Miladonovski happens to also be Vojo's nephew. What an amazingly talented family they are. The 1st version below is the official version and the other two are a couple of live versions that are really worth watching -one at a concert and the other at some village festival.
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ud67Ap8Gi0
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66CnKwNd_wQ (BTW, just listen to the saxophonist in this version - absolutely breathtaking)
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2TpHzMBl6U
Old 01-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #350
Momce Makedonce

This one is definitely worth sharing, it's by Trio Kladenec and is a new patrioic song they've come out with 'Da si vecna zomjo moja', along with an amazing video clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSSc_8mAMU