X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Events of the Conflict in Macedonia: 2000/2001

Anybody that wishes to give their input, feel free. I will keep updating this first post with events, dates, etc. If any of the information is inaccurate, let me know and I will update it.

22nd January, 2001
    Members of the NLA attacked a Macedonian police station in the village of Tearce in the Tetovo area, resulting in the death of 1 police officer and the injury of 3 others.

16th February, 2001
    A private Macedonian TV station sent a crew to an isolated mountainous village on the border with Kosovo, which was inhabited by ethnic Albanians. Members of the NLA harassed the crew and prevented it from filming, which prompted the Macedonian police to investigate. This developed into a conflict between the Macedonians and the terrorists, and raised tensions between Macedonia and NATO, as the latter were not doing enough to ensure that members of the KLA in Kosovo (who were the parent group of the NLA and rendered them significant assistance and ideological support) were being disarmed after the conflict in that region. Furthermore, NATO did little to discourage terrorist encampments in the buffer Ground Safety Zone separating Kosovo from Serbia, or to prevent them from entering Macedonia.

25th March, 2001
    The Macedonian government launched an offensive against the terrorists, which led to the eventual withdrawal of the NLA from the hills that tower over Tetovo.

3rd May, 2001
    Members of the NLA launched an ambush on Macedonian security forces in Vaksince near Kumanovo, in which 2 Macedonian soldiers were killed and 1 was kidnapped. After this action, the terrorists set up bases in a number of villages near Kumanovo.

6th June, 2001
    5 Macedonian soldiers were killed during an attack by members of the NLA near Tetovo, after which the terrorists began to infiltrate the village of Arachinovo near Skopje.

11th June, 2001
    The Macedonian government and the NLA agreed on a ceasfire, although this lasted for only 11 days.

25th June, 2001
    The Macedonians arranged to enter Arachinovo and recover the village. The offensive was successful until the intervention of EU and USA, and as a result of external pressure, the Macedonian government agreed to withdraw its forces. USA soldiers with the KFOR NATO contingent assisted in the evacuation of the terrorists from Arachinovo.

1st July, 2001
    Macedonian security forces encountered more members of the NLA in Tetovo, as the terrorists advanced into the surrounding villages. Thousands of Macedonians were ethnically cleansed from these regions and were forced to flee.

5th July, 2001
    Events in the previous days provoked intense counterattacks by Macedonian security forces, prompting the IC to intervene once again, who arranged another cease-fire.

24 July, 2001
    100's of Macedonians protested in Skopje, and attacked the USA embassy and other western institutions. They were angered by what they considered to be the West's indifference at best and support at worst, for the terrorists.

25th July, 2001
    NATO struck an agreement with the terrorists to reinstate the ceasefire and have them retreat from their advanced positions, to allow displaced Macedonians to return to their homes. Despite this, several local observers were convinced of neither the ability of the NLA to respect the agreement nor NATO’s willingness to force the terrorists into submission.

7th August, 2001
    Macedonian special police raided a private residence in Skopje, where they confronted members of the NLA and managed to kill 5 terrorists. They also seized a cache of weapons and explosives, which were used as evidence to suggest that the terrorists were planning to attack the capital.

8th August, 2001
    10 Macedonian soldiers (all reservists from Prilep) were murdered in an ambush which was arranged by members of the NLA in Karpalak. They were travelling in a convoy from Prilep which was made up of 5 vehicles and 120 reservists.

10th August, 2001
    8 Macedonian soldiers (two of which were from Ljubanci) were murdered in a mine explosion planted by members of the NLA, some of whom were from Ljuboten and/or fled in that direction after the attack. The incident took place near Ljubotenska Bachila, 10km from Ljuboten. The terrorists then fired on the other Macedonians who were injured from the blast and those who subsequently came to their assistance.

12th August, 2001
    Macedonian security forces enter Ljuboten for the purpose of weeding out the terrorists who carried out the attack .

21st August, 2001
    The Saint Athanasius monastery in the village of Leshok, which is Macedonian Orthodox and has its origins in the 13th century, was rocked by an explosion that was carried out by members of the NLA. The terrorists denied having been involved with this action.

12th November, 2001
    3 Macedonian police officers died from rocket attacks in an ambush by members of the NLA, when they were ambushed by the terrorists near the village of Trebos, in the vicinity of Tetovo. The Macedonians were carrying out an operation with the aim of taking control of an alleged mass grave, in which it was suggested that 12 Macedonians were buried after being killed by terrorists.

8th December, 2001
    The 700 year old monastery St George in the village of Mala Recica, Tetovo, is firebombed by Albanians aligned with the UCK, and as a result completely burns down.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Here is a link that also summarises the events.

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vojnik
      • Apr 2011

About the Sveti Atanasija monastry that was exploded I ave heard from people in Macedonia that are highly involved in politics that it was actually the government that did it an inside job if you will. Of course this theory can't be proven unless the government comes out and says it but the explosives used were actually from the Macedonian military, used to create reason to fight against the NLA etc. Again whether this is true or not is a debate.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

SoM,

There's quite a few places that provide detailed timeframes of what happened when. Maybe we could focus this thread on Ljuboten and the events that directly relate to it?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
          About the Sveti Atanasija monastry that was exploded I ave heard from people in Macedonia that are highly involved in politics that it was actually the government that did it an inside job if you will. Of course this theory can't be proven unless the government comes out and says it but the explosives used were actually from the Macedonian military, used to create reason to fight against the NLA etc. Again whether this is true or not is a debate.
          Its possible. Its a standard tactic deployed by both state and rebel groups throughout history...
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            SoM,

There's quite a few places that provide detailed timeframes of what happened when. Maybe we could focus this thread on Ljuboten and the events that directly relate to it?
            Tom, as the incident at Ljuboten may constitute an example of Macedonian mistreatment against another people, I think the other thread is more appropriate (to specifically discuss that point). Here, I just wanted to gather as much information as we can to develop a timeline of events, and discuss the conflict as a whole. I have looked around for this information, but haven't been able to locate it in such a format. If you have some links you can refer me to, please post them here.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Tom, as the incident at Ljuboten may constitute an example of Macedonian mistreatment against another people, I think the other thread is more appropriate (to specifically discuss that point). Here, I just wanted to gather as much information as we can to develop a timeline of events, and discuss the conflict as a whole. I have looked around for this information, but haven't been able to locate it in such a format. If you have some links you can refer me to, please post them here.
              Fair enough. I did have a few links, I will try and find them. Thanks for the link to Daskalovski's article - I hadn't seen that one before.

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

This should be made a sticky it must never be forgotten

What ever happened to the gold mine of information from the Reality Macedonia website still sits on a server somewhere I bet

Notice a google lookup produces no results but you can literally find an orgy of articles by BBC and CNN 10 years on
                a reminder of the western propoganda war machine we faced back then.

To remove search metacrawl data it must be done deliperatly

Last edited by Zarni; 07-04-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Mastika
                  • Feb 2010

8th December, 2001
                  The 700 year old monastery St George in the village of Mala Recica, Tetovo, is firebombed by Albanians aligned with the UCK, and as a result completely burns down.

I can name about 5 more (which I know of) Macedonian churches/monastery's which were vandalised/attacked by Albanians terrorists.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Mastika, please do, I will include the one you just cited in the list.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

How about the big cross that they knocked down & it was fixed again.I don't know what year??
                      just recently in skopje the knocking down of that building where the albanians want their mosque.I think it's at the kale & it's a 13 century church foundations.How the hell do these people get away withit if it was others they would be locked up.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-06-2011, 02:29 AM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mastika
                        • Feb 2010

UCK destruction of Macedonian Religious Objects

Village Jedoarce, Tetovo
                        Macedonian villagers were evicted from there homes and had to watch as their houses burned down in front of their eyes. Of the 65 houses that were set alight, 10 burnt down completely.

Church Sts Kuzman and Damjan (village Jedoarce, Tetovo)
                        The church door was set ablaze whilst vandals proceeded to destroy icons and other religious imagery in the church, burnt church documentation, etc. http://star.utrinski.com.mk/?pBroj=791&stID=5307&pR=2

Church St George (village Otunje, Tetovo)
                        Attackers entered the church, which was built in 1860, and completely vandalised the interior. Icons, seats, the electrical boxes, windows were all broken, amongst other things. The rest of the church inventory was ransacked.

Church Holy Mother of God (village Setole, Tetovo)
                        The church was forcibly entered and ransacked the church rendering it completely unusable. As usual, what ever was breakable, was broken.

Church St Archangel Michael (Village Neprosteno, Tetovo)
                        Church was broken into and riddled with bullets.

Church St George (Village Gorna Recica, Tetovo)
                        Church built on 14th century foundations was broken into and set ablaze.

Church Holy Mother of God (Village Brezno, Tetovo)
                        The church which was built in the 19th century was broken into and the icons and other church possessions were destroyed and burnt on the bonfire which was started within the church.

May 3 2001, Monastery-Church Holy Mother of God (Village Matejce, Kumanovo)
                        The church dating from the 14th century was completely ransacked and vandalised; the altar was removed, the living quarters completely stripped of all belongings whilst the walls and icons were attacked by pickaxes.

The following is a list of churches which were desecrated and damaged in the events of 2001:Tetovo Region

Monastery-Church St. Bogorodica – Dzepiste
                        Sts Kuzman and Damjan – Jedoarce
                        St Gjorgi – Otunje
                        St Bogorodica – Setole
                        St Archangel Michael – Neprosteno
                        Monastery-Church St Gjorgi – Neprosteno
                        St Spas – Dolno Palciste
                        St Atanasius – Dolno Palciste
                        St Atanasius – Tetovsko Kale
                        St Gjorgi – Lavce
                        St Nikola – Dolna Lesnica
                        St Dimitrija Solunski – Tearce
                        St Bogorodica – Tearce
                        St Marena – Tearce
                        Monastery St Atanasius – Lesok
                        St Petka – Varvara
                        St Bogorodica – Brezno
                        Monastery-Church Ilija – Brezno
                        St Jovan Bogoslov – Otusiste
                        St Bogorodica – Jelosnik
                        St Spas – Jelosnik
                        St Nikola - Dobroste

Kumanovo Region

St Bogorodica - Matejce

Comment

• Mastika
                          • Feb 2010

Albanian Destruction of Macedonian Religious

Pictures of the Albanian destruction of 2001.

Destruction of Lesok Monastery

Desecration of Holy Mother of God Church - Setole, Tetovo

Desecration of Holy Mother of God Monastery - Matejce, Kumanovo

Destroyed church of St George - Mala Recica, Tetovo

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

how utterly despicable and disgusting, filthy Albanian animals can go back to their filthy dog country
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

An old article from a couple of years ago:

Eight years passed since the Karpalak massacre in which 10 Macedonian reservists were killed by Albanian terrorists. Eight years have gone by and the public is still under the impression that there had been technical undoings that contributed to this disaster, says Janko Bachev, president of the Public Movement of Macedonia at today's press conference in Karpalak.

"Things are not what they seem to be and our citizens must know the truth. The Karpalak disaster is planned, constructed few days before the signing of the so called Framework Agreement in order to remove all hesitations and unwillingness demonstrated by the public during the 'talks'.
                              During the fighting we had a Government of both VMRO-DPMNE and SDSM, in which the police was controlled by VMRO, while the Ministry of Defense by the SDSM. Both of these fractions (Army and Police) at times were so uncoordinated that they appeared to be at war with each other.

The killing of three policemen in Aracinovo, Karpalak and Vejce are all crimes committed against Macedonian soldiers and policemen where they were purposely sacrificed to be ambushed." says Bachev.
                              "In the begining of July 2001, whole forty days before the Karpalak incident the Macedonian secret police had documents and information on 15 armed Albanians with names, age, in some case even photos of digging in around Karpalak. Our police infiltrated this group to such an extent that we sent a team to investigate the hidden dug out which was vacant during the night.

We knew everything about these people. Our police identified everyone in the group and with ease we were able to tell that most of the Albanian terrorists were narco addicts with previous criminal history.

The Police gave this information to the Ministry of Defense who for 40 days did nothing. The MoD could have sent a helicopter, a small elite team that would have wiped out this small terror group within a second, or even arrest the terror group at their homes. Not just that nothing was done, but the Ministry of Defense ordered the removal of a Skopje-Tetovo army checkpoint, near Karpalak, "says Bachev.

After the attack, the Macedonian reservists were left alone, the Ministry of Defense did not send help, even though the Army could have sent a gunship from Petrovac airport which needed only a 5 minute air time to reach Karpalak.
                              The Army, to make sure there are no survivors, sent a gunship full 60 minutes after the ambush." says Bachev.

"At the court hearing when Macedonian reservists sued the Government, I offered to be an expert witness where we can pin point which of the Government officials needs to stand trial, however one of the Attorneys refused my participation.
                              People need to know what happen and that this was all planned", concluded Bachev.

Comment

Working...
                              X