Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Feel Macedonia is culturally Mediterranean or Slavic?
Mediterranean 2 66.67%
Slavic 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
nushevski77
Member
 
nushevski77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 172
nushevski77 is on a distinguished road
Default As a Macedonian how do you feel culturally?

In my opinion I believe Macedonia belongs to the Mediterranean region of Europe; I do not believe Macedonians are slavs/slavic. Now with that being said I have come across very few people who agree with this sentiment, maybe i'm an anomaly or is this a notion that is agreed upon with many Macedonians? Could you please answer the poll and comment why, thanks.

*disregard the word culturally in the title, do you feel Macedonia is part of the region of Eastern Europe or the Mediterranean?

Last edited by nushevski77; 02-07-2019 at 12:04 AM.
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
Gocka
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohrid
Posts: 2,034
Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of
Default

Neither!

I feel Macedonian.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:02 AM   #3
nushevski77
Member
 
nushevski77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 172
nushevski77 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Neither!

I feel Macedonian.
lol obviously, but where would you put Macedonia under in Europe do you consider it part of the Mediterranean or Eastern Europe? Even though Macedonia is landlocked it once touched the Mediterranean from the Aegean Sea.
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:57 AM   #4
Vangelovski
Senior Member
 
Vangelovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,320
Vangelovski is on a distinguished road
Default

Its an odd question to be honest, with equally odd responses.
__________________
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:40 AM   #5
Liberator of Makedonija
Member
 
Liberator of Makedonija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 965
Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't think the responses properly relate to the question, which is very open-ended to begin with
__________________
I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #6
Rogi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,264
Rogi is on a distinguished road
Default

You're asking a question and mixing geography, lingustics and culture. That's why you get odd reactions.

Are the Danes to answer Northern European, or Germanic? Or Norse? Or Danish?
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #7
sydney
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 360
sydney is on a distinguished road
Default

Nushevski, I admire your need to understand who we are. I understand your sense of confusion about your identity. But you need to spend more time reading and listening on this forum. Engage wisely. Perhaps you could have started this as a thread discussing whether Macedonia belongs to the Balkan or Aegean world, both in modern times and the past. Culturally speaking there is no debate - you’re Macedonian.
sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
vicsinad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,265
vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of
Default

Ah, don't be so hard on the guy!

But I'm with Goce -- neither. Macedonian.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
nushevski77
Member
 
nushevski77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 172
nushevski77 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
I don't think the responses properly relate to the question, which is very open-ended to begin with
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney View Post
Nushevski, I admire your need to understand who we are. I understand your sense of confusion about your identity. But you need to spend more time reading and listening on this forum. Engage wisely. Perhaps you could have started this as a thread discussing whether Macedonia belongs to the Balkan or Aegean world, both in modern times and the past. Culturally speaking there is no debate - you’re Macedonian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
Ah, don't be so hard on the guy!
But I'm with Goce -- neither. Macedonian.
Okay thanks for the responses everyone, I think the problem was that I hoped to find a answer to my own confusion whiteout directly stating what I am trying to understand with hopes that someone would answer it directly; I think this is issue lies greater to the fact that I struggle with the past of my family even though I know I am Macedonian, its hard when I grew up with greek people all my life who I thought were my friends & I've never really had other Macedonians in my life, when my dedo died the whole family stoped going to village picnics, dances, etc, as well my baba stoped getting invited so for 6 years throughout my high school and now start of university besides food I've been without my Macedonian heritage in my life which I am now trying to fill this void by learning, going to church, and just doing stuff but my family is weird and they still tell me that I should just be Canadian and stop with this macedonia stuff so idk anymore its something I deal with that idk if I should even be posting here as idk think you ppl want to here stuff we deal on a personal level, as well my last name is still hellenized in real life with a slight modification "nushevski" was the name before it was changed so its something that is with me all my life now and ive thought of changing it but I decided against it as it would further divide me from my family.

I'll admit the majority of my posts here are usually stupid but i'm just trying to learn & be apart of this community since I don't have really anyone to talk to about Macedonia & whats going on.

I think I'm going to do what Sydney said and start a new thread about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney View Post
Perhaps you could have started this as a thread discussing whether Macedonia belongs to the Balkan or Aegean world, both in modern times and the past. Culturally speaking there is no debate - you’re Macedonian.
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #10
vicsinad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,265
vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
Okay thanks for the responses everyone, I think the problem was that I hoped to find a answer to my own confusion whiteout directly stating what I am trying to understand with hopes that someone would answer it directly; I think this is issue lies greater to the fact that I struggle with the past of my family even though I know I am Macedonian, its hard when I grew up with greek people all my life who I thought were my friends & I've never really had other Macedonians in my life, when my dedo died the whole family stoped going to village picnics, dances, etc, as well my baba stoped getting invited so for 6 years throughout my high school and now start of university besides food I've been without my Macedonian heritage in my life which I am now trying to fill this void by learning, going to church, and just doing stuff but my family is weird and they still tell me that I should just be Canadian and stop with this macedonia stuff so idk anymore its something I deal with that idk if I should even be posting here as idk think you ppl want to here stuff we deal on a personal level, as well my last name is still hellenized in real life with a slight modification "nushevski" was the name before it was changed so its something that is with me all my life now and ive thought of changing it but I decided against it as it would further divide me from my family.
I understand how it can be. You're welcome to talk to me any time you want. Just send me a message, I'll make time to listen.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
macedonia, mediterranean, slav macedonian


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump