Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #11
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thessalo-niki View Post
You didn't separate it enough. Here's why it's critical.
George Seferis is a major Greek poet (his radical views were very important among conservatives since he was also a diplomat).
And?????

Quote:
Neni Panourgia is a respected left-wing anthropologist, now teaching in Columbia, USA. She wrote the first paragraph.
And????? is there anything you disagree with the respected Neni?

Quote:
The second paragraph is not by Neni. Some of it is written in 1950 by Theodore Doganis, a Greek communist journalist in an English Marxist journal (World News and Views).
And?????? regardless of who wrote it or how i compiled my posts with peices from different authurs, Is there any part of the message you dispute?

Quote:
Actually major parts of it are re-edited by you, to make it sound worse. E.g. instead of Greeks you say "so called Greeks".
Now were they really Greeks?????
Do you want to know how many were really Greeks?
Do you want to know what the acropolis was used for?
Do you want to know what your highness heard people were speaking when he first arived in Athens?????

I am not going to directly copy and paste, especialy something from 1950 that might not have been known compared to what we do now.

Do you dispute this?????

Quote:
He says "For seven years (1821-28) the Greeks fought alone against the mighty Ottoman Empire", so you change it and so on.
Again "Alone" part is incorect. Do you want to know how many foreigners like Byron helped these "So called" Greeks??????? Do you pay attention at all?

Now answer me this,
Between 1833 (the year one Master was outed and replaced with a new) and 1947 (end of George II of Greece, Reign) can you say that Greece was,
A) Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind?
B) Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling entity?

Last edited by Bill77; 07-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Bill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #12
thessalo-niki
Banned

thessalo-niki is on a distinguished road

Don't get so excited. This is not a peer reviewed journal and I'm not accusing you of plagiarism or forgery. It would be more simple and fair if (a) you had the original quotes and THEN comment or correct them, or (b) write a text from bits and pieces, signed by Bill77.
You see, most of the quotes, are shortened historical estimations and characterizations of varying importance and credibility, so are the original authors. This could serve as your approach or introduction to Greek History. Your impressions and thoughts are interesting to me, because you’re a foreigner. Yet, do you think I'm unaware of your discoveries, given my age and nationality?
PS. Don't worry; I'll try to give some short answers and comments for all threads concerning Greece, if that’s possible.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #13
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Don't get so excited. This is not a peer reviewed journal and I'm not accusing you of plagiarism or forgery. It would be more simple and fair if (a) you had the original quotes and THEN comment or correct them, or (b) write a text from bits and pieces, signed by Bill77.
You see, most of the quotes, are shortened historical estimations and characterizations of varying importance and credibility, so are the original authors. This could serve as your approach or introduction to Greek History. Your impressions and thoughts are interesting to me, because you’re a foreigner. Yet, do you think I'm unaware of your discoveries, given my age and nationality?
PS. Don't worry; I'll try to give some short answers and comments for all threads concerning Greece, if that’s possible.

Back to your issues and my question for the upteenth time.

Quote:
Actually major parts of it are re-edited by you, to make it sound worse. E.g. instead of Greeks you say "so called Greeks".
Now were they really Greeks?????
Do you want to know how many were really Greeks?
Do you want to know what the acropolis was used for?
Do you want to know what your highness heard people were speaking when he first arived in Athens?????

This time i will give you source of every single quote if you like.

Is this still an issue? if not delete your rubbish.

Quote:
He says "For seven years (1821-28) the Greeks fought alone against the mighty Ottoman Empire", so you change it and so on.
You think "so called" Greeks fought "Alone" I obviously think the opposite.
Do you want to know how many foreigners like Byron helped these "So called" Greeks?

Now answer me this,
Between 1833 (the year one Master was outed and replaced with a new) and 1947 (end of George II of Greece, Reign) can you say that Greece was,
A) Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind?
B) Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling entity?

Last edited by Bill77; 07-27-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #14
Onur

Onur is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If he wrote "alone" then he was lying. Simple as that.
Onur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #15
Spartan

Spartan is on a distinguished road

^^
Like you were lying on the last page about the 'forced' pop.exchange, but have now burried your head in the sand in regards to that topic????
A post which you still havent responded to.

"The pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind.
Onur, you are a pathetic liar.
A hypocrite as well.

Simple as that.

Last edited by Spartan; 07-27-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #16
thessalo-niki
Banned

thessalo-niki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
If you correct your posts, it's fair enough, that I will delete mine. Notify me, if I miss it.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
Bill77

Quote:
If you correct your posts, it's fair enough, that I will delete mine. Notify me, if I miss it.

Quote:
Which is correct that i did not quote it came from Theodore Doganis.
Also, You insinuate i am exaggerating or lying (make it sound worse). So It realy has got nothing to do with who said what. its the message that bothers you. So i will ask again, was it an exaggeration or a lie on my behalf?

Do you dispute "so called Greeks" did not fight alone?
Do you dispute the "so called Greeks" remark i made?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #18
Bill77

Doesn't look like thessa will answer, Therefore, he can't dispute no matter how much he wants to, that many of these independence fighters were only "so called Greeks" and they did not fight alone.

So i will continue from just before he rudely interrupted.

Quote:
The military defeat and betrayal in 1897 infuriated the people so much that the three "protecting Powers" found it necessary to despatch their naval squadrons to Piraeus to protect their royal puppet. In order to arouse some sympathy for the monarchy the Palace organised a sham attempt on the life of the King, in which a shot was fired but deliberately missed.

Meanwhile further strangling loans were being granted to Greece, usually by British bankers. By 1879 out of a total budget of 45,000,000 drachmas 17,000,000 were paid as interest and amortisation on the foreign debt. In 1881 the foreign Shylocks were extracting 49 per cent of the budget and in 1893 the State went bankrupt. It could no longer carry the crushing load of foreign debt. The money-lenders and their governments then imposed on the country the International Economic Control Committee. Before the Second World War 35 per cent of the State budget was being spent on paying the foreign debt, more than twice as much as any other European country was using for such a purpose. And 55 per cent of this foreign debt was owing to British creditors.

It is therefore quite obvious why, apart from all other reasons, the British Government—whether under Tory, Liberal or Labour labels—has, with ruthless persistence, supported monarchy and reaction in Greece. The monarchy was, and is, a plague on the Greek people, but it was, and is, a blessing for British money-lenders.
all i can see here are words such as,
Foreign Powers
Loans being granted
Bankers
foreign debt
bankrupt
International Economic Control Committee

why does all this ring a bell

Oh yeh............well i will talk about their current financial and under foreign powers situation later on. We are only approaching the civil war period.

Hmmm some things never change.

Last edited by Bill77; 07-28-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #19
makedonche

makedonche is on a distinguished road

Bill
Fantastic stuff, I'm loving this thread! Boy some home truths are coming out now! Amazingly they keep making the same mistake( not just financially) still you know what they say about the definition of crazy...."doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".......sound like anyone you know?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #20
Bill77

Makedonche,

This is what happens when foreign powers, Not only creates you,But controls you. Greece has a long history of having a master. It sounds like the people of the Newly formed Greece were better off under the Ottoman Empire.

I have asked many times, from the time when Greece was Created, to leading up to the civil war (over a century) has Greece truly been free or Independent?

ROM has a longer history of being independent than our plastic neighbours and we have not been Independent long.

The history of Greece should be a lesson to us and we should think twice before we go totally under the control of the EU. Once that happens, we will just become a puppet controlled totally by European powers.