Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

One would expect mutual tolerance and respect to flow.Some are more than internet warriors as they mean what they say.If only the macedonian govt can tune ib to the thoughts and aspirations of the diaspora.perhaps we won't be disliked as much and ridiculed for our thoughts as macedonia is in our minds and hearts.We mean well after all.It is our fatherland.
    To err is human to forgive is divine.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      We in the Diaspora have the luxury of seeing the big picture and can use wonderfully broad brush strokes in matters pertaining to Macedonia.

The devil is in the detail and I feel sorry for Macedonians in the Republic. I think they are victims of their environment. There are injustices all over the world and I think I got pretty lucky being born in my little part of the world.
      A reasonably fair comment. Notably, the ability to step outside the “silo” provides people with that “luxury”. Furthermore, the way that “luxury” is perceived by those who remain in the “silo” is interestingly significant.

A question I’ve been pondering for quite a while is how much of this continued existing environment is actually a result of natural circumstance, as opposed to intentional design. It all seems too convenient for those at the top of the pyramid.
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
        A question I’ve been pondering for quite a while is how much of this continued existing environment is actually a result of natural circumstance, as opposed to intentional design. It all seems too convenient for those at the top of the pyramid.
        I am of the belief that the Macedonian mentality in this regard is purely reactive and utterly short-term focused. I don't think anybody is working towards a grand plan of sorts. I would equate it more with a truck transporting oranges falling over and gypsies on the side of the road collecting all the fruit and selling it up-town.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          I am of the belief that the Macedonian mentality in this regard is purely reactive and utterly short-term focused. I don't think anybody is working towards a grand plan of sorts. I would equate it more with a truck transporting oranges falling over and gypsies on the side of the road collecting all the fruit and selling it up-town.
          When it comes to Macedonian sovereignty etc, I agree, the perception of some master plan is just a sad fantasy.

But perhaps to clarify to what potential design I was referring to, by using your analogy, if the gypsies are representative of the government in this scenario, then I’d say it would be in their best interests for that orange truck to keep falling over, and if that orange truck has continuously fallen over for 20 plus years (quite conveniently for those gypsies), then starting to ponder whether there’s something intentionally up with that wouldn’t be completely irrational in my opinion
          Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 05-23-2015, 06:32 AM.
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

To a degree your suspicions are correct. Certain mechanisms are kept in place in Macedonia because they benefit the political class. Overall though most of it is a result of short sighted and selfish actions.

For example, Macedonia is poor economically because it has up until recently a very under educated or poorly educated population who was never economically with the times. Also we are a tiny land locked country with no valuable natural resources. Because we are in Europe our standard of living is too high to be a useful manufacturer and exporter like China. We don't specialize in an industry other than agriculture but even that we only until very recently started using modern farming techniques and machinery. We have poor relations with all our neighbors. We are not cash rich to be a banking and insurance power, We don't generate any utilities. We have no sea so tourism is not as strong as it could be. The simple fact is that we are not "special" in any economic category. We have nothing to offer anyone that they cant get elsewhere. So at least from an economic perspective its mostly circumstantial.

Politically being in constant "crisis" benefits the political actors because it keeps them relevant. If it wasn't for a crisis then everyone would be talking about how shitty the economy is how corrupt state institutions are, etc etc.

Also to be a fair some of it is caused by a lack of principle. For example if the average Macedonian who makes up the majority refused to take a bribe, or refused to take a job he is not qualified for but is only getting through connections, or refused to evade taxes, etc. Then the system would at least start to correct itself. Things happen in a society because society allows them to. Its as simple as that, as long as people either willingly or ignorantly feed into and perpetuate a given system, it will continue to go on. Sometimes that means short term sacrifice for future gain, which most Macedonians would never accept.
            What Macedonian would turn down a job out of principle? Unfortunately the lack of principle is what keep Gruevski in power. As long as you depend on his "vrski" to get you a job, then you are his bitch. You can't have it both ways. You cant take advantage of this system while still demanding it stop. Sadly shortsightedness is a human trait and a takes a really strong will to overcome those tendencies. If Macedonians want a better future for their kids then they need to start acting as they wish to see their nation act. They need to instill those values in their children and show them that there is a right way and a wrong way, and the only factor is not your personal gain or loss.

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
            When it comes to Macedonian sovereignty etc, I agree, the perception of some master plan is just a sad fantasy.

But perhaps to clarify to what potential design I was referring to, by using your analogy, if the gypsies are representative of the government in this scenario, then I’d say it would be in their best interests for that orange truck to keep falling over, and if that orange truck has continuously fell over for 20 plus years (quite conveniently for those gypsies), then starting to ponder whether there’s something intentionally up with that wouldn’t be completely irrational in my opinion

Comment

• iceman
              • Sep 2008

How CIA and Soros Openly Finance Destabilization of Macedonia

The gang pretending to be NGOs and trained to overthrow Governments and stage Coups around the world is paying $1,500 for ideas how to better organize demonstrations, reports Vecer.

That gang is Soros' Open Society Institute, USAid (Front for the CIA) and the Forum Group (another Soros "NGO"). This group has already backed and financed not just the Macedonian opposition SDSM, but their activists & protests, dating back to 2011.

Serbian based Canvas led by Srgja Popovic who specializes in demonstrations has been hired both by Soros and the CIA to "help" in Macedonia. Canvas has gained quite the notoriety. Namely, the UAE has listed Canvas in the same ranks as Al-Qaeda, it is the only non-muslim terrorist organization!

Canvas and Srgja Popovic were instrumental in bringing chaos to Ukraine (look at Ukraine today) and in removing Egypt's Hosni Mubarak from power (look at Egypt now).

Canvas members have managed to get themselves permanently banned from ever entering Russia, but they are welcome in the Macedonian capital. Soros Open Society Institute and the CIA via its fronts (PNAC, NED, USAid) have hired Canvas to do work in Macedonia. Canvas issued a memo to Macedonian students (three weeks prior to protests) that they would award the two best protest ideas with $1,500.

The ideas were sent to Sonja Ismail, daughter of Guner Ismail, a popular SDSM member and official. Several years ago Sonja Ismail was the focus of investigation for illegally owning three state owned apartments through her father (SDSM official) that she rented out for years, earning over 300,000 euros.

Canvas first earned its notoriety for bringing down Milosevic. But it didn't stop there. Canvas was repeatedly hired by the CIA to organize protests in Gruzia, Moldavia, the Maldives, Lebanon, Egypt, Ukraine.... Canvas first appeared in Macedonia in 2009, when it became apparent the SDSM will be in opposition once again. The thug for hire himself Srgja Popovic was present in Ohrid to christen the opening of a "Canvas Academy" where future protesters and activists would be trained and be called upon when the time is right.

Who was the financier of this academy? USAID and Soros. Soros employees Gjuner Ismail and Sasho Ordanovski were the promoters.

"Students were paid and agrgresively trained on how to protest in December of 2014 and January of 2015. Srgja Popovic himself showed up and met with Zaev in March, April and early May 2015. On May 6th Canvas (SDSM) activists violently attacked policemen, injuring 38", reported Vecer.

Canvas was heavily involved in the death of Russian opposition leader Nemtsov, just few days before the opposition protest. The goal was to destabilize the situation, create internal conflict. But most Russian saw through the orchestrated murder for what it was, an ordered hit. When one takes into account the wife of Canvas' leader worked at Stratfor (another CIA front), then things become clear, says Vecer.

Prior to Canvas, Serbia had another group created by undercover NGOs. It was called "Otpor", financed by Freedom House, another front for the CIA. Even the UN investigated Freedom House for their ties to the CIA. Members of Otpor have today joined the ranks of Canvas.

Comment

• iceman
                • Sep 2008

Treacherous SDSM and Soros activists demolish offices in downtown

Treacherous SDSM and Soros activists demolish offices in downtown
                Wednesday, 13 April 2016

The situation is now under control, Skopje's clean up crew is already picking up the pieces after around 100-150 SDSM and Soros activists caused significant damage to the Macedonian Ministry of Justice, Ivanov's presidential office, but also local shops and hotels.

Police arrested roughly 10 of the activists who were caught throwing bricks through windows. What is significant is that the individuals arrested are the same SDSM and Soros activists who have been arrested in the past for similar incidents.

Meanwhile thousands of protesters gatehred to peacufully express their objection to pardoning Zaev and Verushevski, as stated via loud speakers by Toni Mihajlovski and Bratislav Dimovski - it isn't the first time for the two SDSM officials to try to destabilize the country and only a jail sentence for both would be the appropriate result.

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

How do you feel iceman?

Protestors throwing bricks through windows are treacherous?
                  What about a president pardoning over 50 people for crimes that haven't even been fully investigated yet?

It's all about party lines still in Macedonia. Disturbing. "Zaev shouldn't be pardoned, but everyone in VMRO should be!"

Justice for our side, not yours.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    How do you feel iceman?

Protestors throwing bricks through windows are treacherous?
                    What about a president pardoning over 50 people for crimes that haven't even been fully investigated yet?

It's all about party lines still in Macedonia. Disturbing. "Zaev shouldn't be pardoned, but everyone in VMRO should be!"

Justice for our side, not yours.
                    Iceman's sole purpose on this forum is to spread Grujovist propaganda.
                    He's either a member or a hardline sympathizer of the ruling party,not sure yet.
                    Expect more of this from him.
                    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• iceman
                      • Sep 2008

SDSM and Soros activists: We get Paid for this

SDSM and Soros activists: We get Paid for this
                      Friday, 15 April 2016

SDSM and Soros activists get paid to cause damage, even if that means damaging the monument dedicated to the Aegean children.

The activists that are currently causing damage around some parts of Skopje come from the famous school of Srdja Popovic and his organization "Canvas" which is currently banned in numerous countries, including Russia.

Macedonian media is writing what we wrote over a year ago, describing the work of Canvas in Ukraine and Egypt which caused mayhem in both countries.
                      The beautiful girl standing in front of a policeman, that's part of the Canvas trademark seen across the globe. It illustrates "innocence vs an authority figure". It's quite a good way to sway someone's opinion.
                      karmin-450x306
                      Popovich met with Zaev at least four times in the past year. SDSM and Soros activists were trained by Canvas in Ohrid. Who paid for all this? American based "NGOs" who not just MINA, but dozens of other media outlets (including American) have repeatedly exposed them as fronts for the CIA.
                      We wrote at length about CIA's role in Macedonia and other countries via its so called "NGOs".

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

SDSM protestors get paid to showed up, and DPMNE protestors get forced and threatened to show up.

Reflects precisely on the character of both parties.

Comment

• Redsun
                          • Jul 2013

Have you read the "Blueprint for Revolution: How to Use Rice Pudding, Lego Men, and Other Non-Violent Techniques to Galvanise Communities, Overthrow Dictators, or Simply Change the World".

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Rice pudding works for me. I'd kill for some like baba used to make.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• iceman
                              • Sep 2008

Paid SDSM and Soros activists fight each other

Paid SDSM and Soros activists fight each other

Zaev's paid vandals have seen their numbers drastically fall in only few days. If they were able to muster 700-800 protesters (some brought from other cities: Kumanovo, Strumica...) in the first three days, today their numbers were roughly in the 200-300.

Running out of ideas, not supported by a huge majority of the population (Skopje has 800,000 residents), the SDSM and Soros funded activists started fighting each other.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X