Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 06-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #101
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolovranec View Post
Well, those who won't steal are probably uninterested in politics or have no sense of national consciousness to even begin pondering about such a career. They're too busy having everything and keeping it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolovranec View Post
We need a macedonian Trump. Without the silly hairdo. And without a crazy globalist daughter. Or Jesus. You can't corrupt Jesus.

I'm sure you're just being facetious and that you don't seriously believe the above? In any case, since you brought it up, if there are people out there who seriously believe the notion that it is humanly impossible to resist the temptation of keeping your hands out of the cookie jar unless you have some sort of divine powers then this says a lot about those people doesn't it?

The goal of any society would surely be to weed these elements out of their government and try to bring them to justice. And not, to simply accept corruption as an inevitable part of public office. That's ridiculous.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #102
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

It could be argued the conditions of superannuation for politicians represents a dipping of the cookie jar. They are so far from community expectations that they would represent a lower end of scale of the temptations you are discussing. As is the use of private jets and a whole bunch of other things on a scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
I'm sure you're just being facetious and that you don't seriously believe the above? In any case, since you brought it up, if there are people out there who seriously believe the notion that it is humanly impossible to resist the temptation of keeping your hands out of the cookie jar unless you have some sort of divine powers then this says a lot about those people doesn't it?

The goal of any society would surely be to weed these elements out of their government and try to bring them to justice. And not, to simply accept corruption as an inevitable part of public office. That's ridiculous.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #103
Karposh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
It could be argued the conditions of superannuation for politicians represents a dipping of the cookie jar. They are so far from community expectations that they would represent a lower end of scale of the temptations you are discussing. As is the use of private jets and a whole bunch of other things on a scale.
Blatant, below-board, corruption is what I thought this thread was about. Inflated superannuation for politicians and parliamentary travel entitlements can also be argued is above-board scamming of public money (even if that happens to also include private jets). That's where the court of public opinion comes into it. Don't forget "Choppergate" with ex-Australian Speaker of the House, Bronwyn Bishop. She dug her heels in and refused to resign over it because she didn't see anything wrong with spending $5000 of public money, as is her right as a parliamentarian, to jump in a helicopter and fly from Melbourne to Geelong (an hours trip by road) but, in the end, the pressure to do so was such that even this stuck-up bitch had no choice but to resign.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:11 PM   #104
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Blatant, below-board, corruption is what I thought this thread was about. Inflated superannuation for politicians and parliamentary travel entitlements can also be argued is above-board scamming of public money (even if that happens to also include private jets). That's where the court of public opinion comes into it. Don't forget "Choppergate" with ex-Australian Speaker of the House, Bronwyn Bishop. She dug her heels in and refused to resign over it because she didn't see anything wrong with spending $5000 of public money, as is her right as a parliamentarian, to jump in a helicopter and fly from Melbourne to Geelong (an hours trip by road) but, in the end, the pressure to do so was such that even this stuck-up bitch had no choice but to resign.
I wonder if Bishop would have been forced to 'walk the plank' if we didn't have an independent media and as you've mentioned a vigilant public.
The media plays an important 'watchdog' role in most civilised and advanced societies, she was torn to shreds in every medium, from the most reputable print media sources, tv and radio news and commentary as well as ridiculed by a host of social commentators and the general public through social media, talk-back radio and print feedback.

These are all avenues that just don't exist to any mature or developed levels in Macedonia...unfortunately.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:27 AM   #105
Skolovranec

Location: Kilibargrad, Macedonian Federation (Earth-21691808)
Skolovranec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I firm my position that only a government in exile has a chance to redeem the FYROMIAN SLAVE NATION from its downward spiral.
Risto, I forgot to ask yesterday, how exactly would a government in exile work?

Quote:

I was only trying to be humorous. Humor sadly is not my best suit. Of course I don't believe that every political party, or politician for that matter is or can be corrupted/bribed/blackmailed. But you have to admit that the track record, at least for Macedonia, is not that great.

But then again, and I mentioned this in my other post, we've only really had two political parties to represent us. It's not like we have a working sample of two dozens of them as acting governments of the country so that we can deduce that there is something in the water that makes Macedonian politicians swing very hard towards corruption and greed. I do think that there are honest and honorable people here. I just don't think they are very much interested in politics. Those that are, likely have some greedy and shady prospects for entering that career in the first place. Which would explain why even globally, politicians tend to be more or less corrupt and greedy bastards.

If I was involved in politics I wouldn't care about money since I'm earning enough from a couple of different sources, and I was raised differently, and lead a frugal life. I guess that could be said of others too, yet some have taken different roads when coming in power, but I can only speak of myself and my own frame of mind and conviction. I see a country hanging on a thread, of which I'm a part of, and nobody who has been, is, or likely will be in power seems to give a fuck about it, but to fill their pockets and sedate their power hunger. The worst choice is when you have no choice, but an illusion of choice. No matter who you choose, you fail. That was our situation these 27 years.

I really need to do some research on why no political party has decided to be #3, but a minion/satellite party of the two biggest ones. Why be a third wheel rather than affirm itself as a third option. There must be some quirks in electoral laws or when you form one.
Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Last edited by Skolovranec; 06-09-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Skolovranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #106
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road

Gruevski's 600,000 Euro Mercedes Revealed to the Public!

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE40SkQqo9I

Last edited by Niko777; 06-10-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #107
Karposh

600,000 Euros on a pimped up Mercedec, and yet, no money to take it to a car wash. Za sramota, selanec! He doesn't deserve such a car.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:52 PM   #108
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone confirm his previous salary as chief thief?
Old 06-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #109
Karposh

Quote:
Can anyone confirm his previous salary as chief thief?
It wasn't as much as one would imagine. Less than the Australian average in fact. Sometime ago, I read somewhere that his salary was, and please don't quote me on this, somewhere between $50,000 and $70,000 (AUS). Still a lot of money for Macedonia but not enough to buy him a 600,000 Euro Mercedes. The car pictured above is in fact state owned and not Nikola's private car.

Here's the article:
http://vecer.mk/makedonija/vo-merced...va-vo-prashini
Old 06-11-2017, 05:22 AM   #110
Skolovranec

Location: Kilibargrad, Macedonian Federation (Earth-21691808)
Skolovranec is on a distinguished road

This was bought with taxpayer money? The least he could have done is maintain it in good shape since he burned so much money.
Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond
Skolovranec is offline   Reply With Quote