X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by YuriB View Post
    Ironically, it might be that the Greek government dug its own grave with this deal. Acknowledging that a) there exists a Macedonian language (and thus, people) and b) there is a country called North Macedonia, it follows logically that c) there is a region called South Macedonia (in Greece) that contains (or at least contained) Macedonian people. Then again, nationalism is an expert in creating doublethinking...
    Well put Yuri.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Thanks for having me over!
      Welcome Yuri. Are you Russian or just using a creative username?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• YuriB
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Welcome Yuri. Are you Russian or just using a creative username?
        Just a creative username.

I am originally from Greece but emmigrated: I wasn't fulfilling all of their nation/religion/family-values requirements! Haha
        Regards,
        A Greek supporting self-determination of Macedonians!

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Just a creative username.

I am originally from Greece but emmigrated: I wasn't fulfilling all of their nation/religion/family-values requirements! Haha
          Thanks for sharing. Are you of non-Greek ethnic background?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clashes erupt in Salonica amid protests over Prespa deal:

Comment

• YuriB
            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
            Thanks for sharing. Are you of non-Greek ethnic background?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clashes erupt in Salonica amid protests over Prespa deal:
            https://twitter.com/Ruptly/status/1089676993317068800
            To the best of my knowledge, I only have a Greek ethnic background. Regardless, I believe in multiculturalism and I don't agree with how the mainstream Greek culture forces assimilation on anyone who deviates from the "norm". The Macedonian people have suffered from these policies.
            Regards,

Comment

• Gocka
              • Dec 2012

To the best of my knowledge, I only have a Greek ethnic background. Regardless, I believe in multiculturalism and I don't agree with how the mainstream Greek culture forces assimilation on anyone who deviates from the "norm". The Macedonian people have suffered from these policies.
              Welcome to the forum.

Many have suffered from those policies, some more than others.

So what lead you to open an account on this forum, what interests you?

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

Tsipras was born 28 July 1974 in Athens. His mother's family has its roots in a village near Babaeski in an area of Eastern Thrace which was transferred from Turkey to Greece during the 1923 population exchange between Greece and Turkey. His father, Pavlos, was from Epirus and was a contractor of big public works.

URL:

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

You might be sincere. Not all Greeks are completely mad and irrational. Your choice of a slavic sounding name is curious though and suggests a contrived angle to assist with gaining access to posting privileges on the forum. But that's fine. Good start.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• YuriB
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                    Welcome to the forum.

Many have suffered from those policies, some more than others.

So what lead you to open an account on this forum, what interests you?
                    Thank you! I hope I'm not diverting the discussion. I've been following this forum over the last 10 years or so. Given the recent significant developments, I thought it was hightime I joined.

Good question regarding my motivation! I guess, I'd like to show to any Greek (and Macedonian) readers of the forum that one can have a Greek decent while not being a dick to Macedonians (both inside and outside Greece).

Btw, I served with a Macedonian friend in the Greek army and learned a few words in Makethonika (aka Ntopia) like spolaiti.
                    Regards,

Comment

• YuriB
                      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      You might be sincere. Not all Greeks are completely mad and irrational. Your choice of a slavic sounding name is curious though and suggests a contrived angle to assist with gaining access to posting privileges on the forum. But that's fine. Good start.
                      I understand your skepticism. I normally don't discuss my opinions about Macedonians with Greeks; it turns really sour...

I actually picked my username based on the name of my Economics prof during grad school. It was the last course I took.
                      Regards,

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Sounds good. No worries.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Solun
                          • Sep 2012

https://twitter.com/DimitarBechev/st...15632567754752

Tsipras was born 28 July 1974 in Athens. His mother's family has its roots in a village near Babaeski in an area of Eastern Thrace which was transferred from Turkey to Greece during the 1923 population exchange between Greece and Turkey. His father, Pavlos, was from Epirus and was a contractor of big public works.

URL:
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Tsipras
                          Wikipedia, particularly around Macedonian issues, is of course questionable.

I heard an eminent Albanian historian from Macedonia once state that Tsipras mother is from a Macedonian speaking village. Now I note wiki states the Turkish name of the village was: Pravishte
                          Doesn't sound Turkish to me

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I understand your skepticism. I normally don't discuss my opinions about Macedonians with Greeks; it turns really sour...

I actually picked my username based on the name of my Economics prof during grad school. It was the last course I took.
                            Unfortunately the Greeks that were previously on this forum have essentially ruined any instant goodwill or trust for new members of the same ethnic group, which means you have to do a little extra to earn it, hence the questions. And here are my final questions for now, which country are you writing from and what's with the Russian email?
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

So, according to the agreement, Greece agrees not to object to the accession of Macedonia (as Northern Macedonia) into NATO and the EU. Nor are they to object to the terminology used in Article 1(3) which refers to the Macedonian language. Seems straight forward. But in Article 7(2) Greece has basically claimed the ethnic Macedonians in that country as their own. In Article 7(3), Macedonia basically disowns those same ethnic Macedonians by drawing a distinction between the heritage and culture of the republic to that of our kinsmen south of the border. Perhaps Goce Delcev and our other heroes are also part of "Greek heritage" with this disastrous agreement. So the previous question I asked still stands, will ethnic Macedonians in Greece be allowed to identify themselves and their language as Macedonian? According to the 'spirit' of the agreement, such people don't exist. And the stupidity of the Bulgars is yet to surface. Their demands will no doubt be just as demeaning.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Ironically, it might be that the Greek government dug its own grave with this deal. Acknowledging that a) there exists a Macedonian language (and thus, people) and b) there is a country called North Macedonia, it follows logically that c) there is a region called South Macedonia (in Greece) that contains (or at least contained) Macedonian people.
                                You're assuming the agreement affords the luxury of logic. The Greek government dug Macedonia's grave by forcing the latter's idiot politicians to officially sign away the formal right to claim our rightful heritage and our kinship with the Macedonians in southern Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X