Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

For a nation on the brink of cultural extinction (forget the politics, I mean just the exodus out of the country and the assimilation that happens as well as the declining population growth rate among ethnic Macedonians), and with a language that is a minimun of 1000 years old, one of the oldest surviving languages in the world.

Given all that, it should be an utmost imperative to do all we can to keep the culture and language alive, and find creative ways to promote it and embed elements of it into the global mainstream.

Surely we have some nice sounding nursery rhymes that could be a start. The way 'frere jacques' and 'alouette, gentille alouette' are.

Something like
    Стани, стани детенце
    Надвор пее петленце
    Пее кукурика
    Тебе ми те вика

I'm on a mission to find someone who can sing, to get a list of nursery rhymes, sing them out onto YouTube videos, with lyrics and english translations. Any help would be appreciated, even if there's a book I can find an order from Macedonia with the lyrics that you can share a link or intro to.
    Last edited by Rogi; 11-20-2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

So, I've now stumbled onto the "Darko Biberko" project run by the girls who created the "Vardare, Vardare" song which was a hit.

So, this looks awesome, I'll be backing it and hope many of us do!

Comment

• Dove
        • Aug 2018

I'm on a mission to find someone who can sing
        Hi Rogi Have you thought your mission through? For example: Are you looking for a child, teenager, adult to sing? Will you expect the singer to just sing or will the singer appear on the video? Who will film the video? Does the singer need to be from your city?

Comment

Working...
        X