Old 07-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #1731
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

DARKO PANCEV - Top 5 goals for Red Star Belgrade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrrZ90iwGFs
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #1732
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Only fitting that his best goals was against those Greek pigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
DARKO PANCEV - Top 5 goals for Red Star Belgrade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrrZ90iwGFs
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:57 AM   #1733
Pelagonija

Pelagonija is on a distinguished road

Well done and a solid performance by Paul Momirovski for the Roosters last night against against Souths on the big stage, also Great to see his family crying on National Television after the game, very emotional scenes.

Looking forward to having Paul at the Wests Tigers next season.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/23/...-misses-debut/

Ps I know this a Football thread, but I couldn’t find any other sporting threads hence I decided to post it here..
Pelagonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:56 AM   #1734
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagonija View Post
Well done and a solid performance by Paul Momirovski for the Roosters last night against against Souths on the big stage, also Great to see his family crying on National Television after the game, very emotional scenes.

Ps I know this a Football thread, but I couldn’t find any other sporting threads hence I decided to post it here..
Well done to him! Has there ever been a Macedonian in the NRL before?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:44 PM   #1735
Pelagonija

To be honest not sure, I will have to look it up. Paul is also the last person to score a try at Alliance stadium aka SFS which is being knocked down and rebuilt.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:10 AM   #1736
Karposh

Karposh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagonija View Post

I was going to mention Momirovski on this thread too Pelagonia but changed my mind for whatever reason. I'm glad you posted this though cause it definitely deserves a mention. Much better news than what's coming out of North Macedonia at the moment.

West Tigers you say? That's news to me. Why would the Roosters let him go? That's nuts. I'm actually spewing the Wests Tigers got him. Considering the following St.George has among Macedonians in Sydney, I'd love to see him play for St.George one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
Well done to him! Has there ever been a Macedonian in the NRL before?
Don't think so. There's been a few in the AFL (Peter Daicos – Collingwood, Nick Malceski – Sydney Swans, to name a couple) but I don't think there's ever been a Macedonian NRL player before Momirovski.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:52 AM   #1737
Pelagonija

Roosters have one of the best backline in the NRL, he got an opportunity with the Tigers hence they let him go as he was playing in the reserves. Pauli will get some good game time at Tigers, as a life long Tigers supporter I’m over the moon. He’s a good level headed kid who tackles hard and runs a straight line.

Just FYI he’s actually a South Sydney Junior, played his Junior footy for Alexandria Rovers which suggests he grew up in the inner city suburbs
Old 09-25-2018, 02:12 AM   #1738
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Don't think so. There's been a few in the AFL (Peter Daicos – Collingwood, Nick Malceski – Sydney Swans, to name a couple) but I don't think there's ever been a Macedonian NRL player before Momirovski.[/quote]

I thought my friends said there was a Macedonian who used to play back in the days, they probably just assumed by the sound of his last name that the player was Macedonian when they were in fact not.

I did find that a guy called James Stosic is apparently of Macedonian background on his Dad`s side and his mother is Maori. Apparently he played for Cronulla Sharks and Gold Coast Titans between 2005-2008.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...ectid=10456813
"Stosic's father is from Macedonia and his mother is Maori. The couple met in Melbourne then settled in Taranaki, where he took to the collision of ball-carrying in league ahead of the scrums, rucks and mauls of rugby"