X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Ebola in Macedonia?

British man dies of suspected Ebola in Macedonia - first UK victim of virus that has killed thousands

A British man has died of suspected Ebola in the Macedonian capital of Skopje.

If confirmed, the unnamed 58-year-old is the first British victim of the Ebola outbreak that has killed thousands in West Africa and has spread to North America and Europe.

A second man, a friend of the deceased, has also shown symptoms of the disease. The man's death and nationality was confirmed by the Macedonian Foreign Ministry this evening. Tests are underway to find out if he had the disease.

The UK Foreign Office says it is investigating the incident. So far the epidemic, the worst on record since Ebola was discovered in 1976, has claimed 3,800 lives and infected at least 8,000 people.
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

As per usual the internet-greek police are out doing their 24/7 duty reminding people not to call us macedonia but 'FYROM' on all news sites that have user comments enabled.

Announcement comes after day of confusion over British government’s response to virus that has claimed 3,800 lives

Page 3.
    Manos Latsis
    09 October 2014 10:12pm
    Its called FYROM you historically-geographically ignorant brits..

Dont these people have any class? They would take any opportunity to put down macedonians even in non-political things like this that are much more important then the idiotic name dispute.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

i heard that it was so easy to get it.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        i heard that it was so easy to get it.
        Not so easy to be infected, unless you come into direct contact with bodily fluids from a victim...highly unlikely to be spread that way in most Western cultures...the problem and it's spread in African cultures apart from poor health services and protocols against the spread of the disease is that many African cultures have specific burial rites that expose them to the main transmission threats of the disease...in other words the transmission of the victims bodily fluids to others.
        Some African burial rituals involve family and friends drinking the water that is used to wash the dead body prior to burial or the funeral rite...

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

i heard you can get it through the air you breathe.Drinking the water of the dead that is so stupid they are facing a death sentence.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            i heard you can get it through the air you breathe.Drinking the water of the dead that is so stupid they are facing a death sentence.
            You can breathe easy George...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
              Dont these people have any class? They would take any opportunity to put down macedonians even in non-political things like this that are much more important then the idiotic name dispute.
              No class. All moron.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Well look at how greece has been run not like a democracy at all.You have had military juntas before.You also have had the style that could be described as a totaliarian state.This is where everything is virtually controlled by the govt.Think about stupid laws they passed agains't ctizens etc.Morons would be putting it nicely.Racist and brain dead would be more appropriate as the govt goes on with their silly tirades.The name issue is by no means an exception.This is where macedonia is being bullied and cajoled into submission.Think about how one sided the name issue is.If you want to join nato or eu you must change your name.What ever happened to self identification.??Did the eu put extra requirements on greece when it joined the eu.??Greece has the worst human rights record in the eu regarding its behaviour towards its macedonian minorities.
                Last edited by George S.; 10-12-2014, 01:21 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                X