X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
    Philosopher in post #14 the first picture, that woman is under a warm light that the photographer choose. Don't you think her skin color would appear much different in natural light?
    It appears that the girl in the first image is airbrushed. It is a professional photograph, so you can expect changes from her natural appearance. The lighting also is artificial. She may look something like this in the summer, when tanned, but it is doubtful she looks like this in the winter, without foundation. But in this photograph, she is skin color IV in Fitzpatrick's Scale.

What do you think about the second? How would you classify her? I am of the opinion her skin color is IV (olive).

Comment

• spitfire
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

I think the lady in the Athens International Airport picture is skin color III.

Comment

• Redsun
        • Jul 2013

I cant take that Fitzpatrick scale seriously.

In your opinion you think the young woman in the second picture is a IV on this scale, my opinion has changed at first I thought III.

There are tones, that are not mentioned.

Olive skin itself, is not just one color there are grades of olive skin.

Also we are talking about colors right? We are not speaking of tones.

I believe the olive color itself is a color and not tones from white to black.

I can compare the tone of olive skin to brown skin, but I find it impossible to think of the olive color as a color that blends between white and dark.

This scale is a joke, made in 1975 in America. What a lazy bastard why couldn't he take a plane down to south America or visit china and tell me where does there color of yellow sit.

I have seen light olive skin and dark olive skin, I would not say they are brown or that they sit in the scale between white and dark. There would be Asian and south American skin colors you may not be able to fit between white and dark.

Fitzpatrick can see tones, to present a scale like this I can only think "he must be color blind"

Comment

• Philosopher
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
          I think the lady in the Athens International Airport picture is skin color III.
          Interesting observation. She is Greek, but not Athenian. Her skin color appears to me to be IV (olive), but III may also be used to describe her.

What do you think about the first image?

Who do you find more attractive?
          Last edited by Philosopher; 09-02-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Philosopher
            • Sep 2008

I cant take that Fitzpatrick scale seriously.

In your opinion you think the young woman in the second picture is a IV on this scale, my opinion has changed at first I thought III.

There are tones, that are not mentioned.

Olive skin itself, is not just one color there are grades of olive skin.

Also we are talking about colors right? We are not speaking of tones.

I believe the olive color itself is a color and not tones from white to black.

I can compare the tone of olive skin to brown skin, but I find it impossible to think of the olive color as a color that blends between white and dark.

This scale is a joke, made in 1975 in America. What a lazy bastard why couldn't he take a plane down to south America or visit china and tell me where does there color of yellow sit.

I have seen light olive skin and dark olive skin, I would not say they are brown or that they sit in the scale between white and dark. There would be Asian and south American skin colors you may not be able to fit between white and dark.

Fitzpatrick can see tones, to present a scale like this I can only think "he must be color blind"
            The Fitzpatrick Scale is not perfect. And there are variations in olive complexion. Defining what an olive complexion is not easy.

Some people think it is a tanned complexion. Others say it is a yellow complexion. Others say it is a "green" complexion (green tones).

Compounding the problem are sun tans. Europeans with brown skin may be Europeans who tan very well, but does that make them a III or a IV on the scale?

It is interesting to note that many Spaniards, who look very brown in the summer, look very white in the winter. Some Europeans, however, appear to be fairly consistent all year, but become even darker in the summer.

Comment

• spitfire
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
              Interesting observation. She is Greek, but not Athenian. Her skin color appears to me to be IV (olive), but III may also be used to describe her.

What do you think about the first image?

Who do you find more attractive?
              I would say that olive skin (IV) is represented in the first photo and skin type III in the second.

Don't get me wrong but she's not my type. Of course she is beautiful, but I'm not attracted to her in any way.
              Between the two pictures I would prefer the first but not based on color. The cheekbones don't protrude so much as in the second picture and the lips (actually the whole face) is closer to the ideal (not much though).

Comment

• Redsun
                • Jul 2013

The Fitzpatrick scale is far from perfect, after 35 years I don’t understand why no one has challenged or updated Fitzpatrick’s scale.

I can’t see how this scale could represent yellow, green and blue complexions.

Have a good look at the right side of the first picture “her left check” hiding under her hair sweeping forward. Notice the distance from her left eye to the edge of her temple. How does that shape compare to the other side of her face?

This picture looks to be photo shopped the left side of her face is obviously much wider than the right.

They both have very similar eyes nose and mouth, Philosopher are they related? Top one looks like she has thinner lips, if her mouth was shut like the second I think it would be hard to tell the difference see on the top lip, the two peaks of the lip the distance between, looks the same.

What about underneath their clothes? You don’t think they will have tan lines, don’t think they may be a little lighter underneath.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                  • Aug 2011

I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not,
                  No need to be sarcastic.
                  but scientists classify human skin, hair, and eye colors in categories. It is a form of classification, no different than classifying plants and animals. It is part of the database of human knowledge.
                  Yes, I know all of this ( ??).
                  That doesn't mean we should open various threads about the members' eye color,hairstyle etc.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge how the members of this forum identify their skin color in relation to the well-established Fitzpatrick Scale.
                  Uhm...that's all fine,but I still don't see the relevance (or connection) of this thread to what this forum is about - the truth about Macedonia...
                  Are you trying to compare the skin color of Macedonians from around the world to the rest of the world population or...?
                  Last edited by DraganOfStip; 09-03-2014, 03:12 AM.
                  ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• Philosopher
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                    No need to be sarcastic.

Yes, I know all of this ( ??).
                    That doesn't mean we should open various threads about the members' eye color,hairstyle etc.

Uhm...that's all fine,but I still don't see the relevance (or connection) of this thread to what this forum is about - the truth about Macedonia...
                    Are you trying to compare the skin color of Macedonians from around the world to the rest of the world population or...?
                    There are plenty of threads on this forum that have nothing to do with Macedonia. The gun thread is just one of them. Like any thread, if you do not want to participate, then you are not under any obligation to do so. If you choose to participate, then you are free to do so.

I am not conducting a scientific survey of the members of this forum or Macedonians in general and comparing it to other populations. I have an interest in a variety of topics, and this is one of them.

Comment

• Philosopher
                      • Sep 2008

The Fitzpatrick scale is far from perfect, after 35 years I don’t understand why no one has challenged or updated Fitzpatrick’s scale.

I can’t see how this scale could represent yellow, green and blue complexions.

Have a good look at the right side of the first picture “her left check” hiding under her hair sweeping forward. Notice the distance from her left eye to the edge of her temple. How does that shape compare to the other side of her face?

This picture looks to be photo shopped the left side of her face is obviously much wider than the right.

They both have very similar eyes nose and mouth, Philosopher are they related? Top one looks like she has thinner lips, if her mouth was shut like the second I think it would be hard to tell the difference see on the top lip, the two peaks of the lip the distance between, looks the same.

What about underneath their clothes? You don’t think they will have tan lines, don’t think they may be a little lighter underneath.
                      They are different girls. The first girl appears to be of Serbian/Croatian descent, but she is French, and a French beauty contestant winner. Her name is Divanna Pjevalcic. Here is another picture of hers. Here she looks less colorful.

And here she looks more tan:

The second girl is a former Miss Greece. She is of Cretan descent. Her name is Maria Tsagaraki.

Maria is naturally more olive than Divanna.

Comment

• Philosopher
                        • Sep 2008

The point of the pictures is to demonstrate that IV in the Fitzpatrick Scale is not (in my opinion) something necessarily akin to the appearance of a Turk or Tunisian. Fitzpatrick Scale IV (olive) has different shades of darkness. There is a European olive skin, and there are Middle Eastern and North African olive skin people.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                          • Aug 2011

There are plenty of threads on this forum that have nothing to do with Macedonia. The gun thread is just one of them. Like any thread, if you do not want to participate, then you are not under any obligation to do so. If you choose to participate, then you are free to do so.

I am not conducting a scientific survey of the members of this forum or Macedonians in general and comparing it to other populations. I have an interest in a variety of topics, and this is one of them.
                          Fair enough.
                          I would then consider myself somewhere between II and III (I guess)...
                          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Philosopher
                            • Sep 2008

Wikipedia's entry on "olive skin" has the following picture of two tanned Spaniards to demonstrate what an olive complexion looks like.

I believe this is inaccurate. An olive complexion is not a summer tanned light brown complexion.

I think a more accurate demonstration of an olive complexion is the president of Syria, Bashar al Assad.

Assad is interesting, as he has blue eyes, and dark brown hair. But his complexion is clearly olive, in stark contrast to the two tanned Spaniards Wikipedia alleges represents olive complexion. So olive is not brown, but more yellow-green.

Historically, Syrians are not Arabs, though modern day Syria is Arabic lingusitically. Syrians are also a Semitic people.

Ariel Sharon also has what I would call a Middle Eastern olive complexion.

Sharon looks white, but he appears to have a more pronounced olive complexion than Assad, who also appears white.

Comment

• Gocka
                              • Dec 2012

Isn't it all an opinion in the end anyway? Just because the scale has names, how do you objectively determine what color actually falls where in the scale? Olives are green, black, and dark brown. So who is to say what a subjectively olive skin color is? In reality Africans are more olive colored than anyone. What is light brown, or medium white?

I still don't quite understand the relevance of all this? If you want to post pictures of hot ladies, just do it no need for all the camouflage.

The point of the pictures is to demonstrate that IV in the Fitzpatrick Scale is not (in my opinion) something necessarily akin to the appearance of a Turk or Tunisian. Fitzpatrick Scale IV (olive) has different shades of darkness. There is a European olive skin, and there are Middle Eastern and North African olive skin people.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                                If you want to post pictures of hot ladies, just do it ...
                                Amen to that .
                                ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X