X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Some hard facts on China today .‏

We better start learning Chinese, so we can understand the orders our new masters are giving us.

The Gillard Government con job, lie after lie to the Australian people.

Consistent lies how could anyone believe this Government.

As received.

Some hard facts on China today …

China has 19% of the world’s population, but consumes
    ... 53% of the world's cement
    ... 48% of the world's iron ore
    ... 47% of the world's coal
    ... and the majority of just about every major commodity.
    In 2010, China produced 11 times more steel than the United States.

New World Record: China made and sold 18 million vehicles in 2010.

There are more pigs in China than in the next 43 pork producing nations combined.

China currently has the world’s fastest train and the world’s largest high-speed rail network.

China is currently the number one producer in the world of wind and solar power.

China currently controls more than 90% of the total global supply of rare earth elements.

In the past 15 years, China has moved from 14th place to 2nd place in the world in published scientific research articles.

China now possesses the fastest supercomputer on the entire globe.

At the end of March 2011, China accumulated US$3.04 trillion in foreign currency reserves
    - the largest stockpile on the entire globe.

Chinese consume 50,000 cigarettes every second …
    Not an enviable record though …

Also a lot smarter than us.

While they manufacture 80% of the worlds solar panels,

They install less than 5%. And,

Build a new coal fired power station every week and in 1 year turn on more new coal powered electricity than Australia's total output

Already the largest carbon dioxide emitter, output will rise 70% by 2020.

Glad we're saving the planet!!

Makes you wonder who the hell these moron politicians are working for?

It's not the Australian people that's for sure.

_

_
    Last edited by George S.; 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

The Chinese are modest,
    dont occupy, divide and conquer and dont ask those annoying Human rights questions

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

what about TIBET
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Zarni
        Banned
        • May 2011

Tibet has always had a history with China moving back and forth even the sofly spoken Dalai Lama agrees

but then again who cares about it all I dont

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

The Chinese economic miracle makes impressive reading when you look at numbers alone, statistics have that ability to manipulate the human emotions, particularly when it comes to fear...

What those statistics fail to mention is the amount of Chinese families that live in total poverty, the chasm that is growing between the poor (vast majority) and the mega-rich...the statistics fail to mention the deep ethnic divides across China that will be the first thing to be exploited by the USA when the time is right.

Even China's economic miracle is threatened by even lower cost economies like Cambodia and Vietnam.

The point of the article has nothing to do with the 'threat' China posses to Australia, its just another cynical attack through the time honoured process of scare mongering for the purposes of undermining the ALP and Gillard in particular and I bet the original article was one of those fuckin' annoying chain e-mails...

Comment

• Coolski
            • Sep 2008

Julie, you raised a good point about Tibet. Whatever problems the Chinese government have against Tibetans, remember that Tibetans in China have way more rights than Macedonians in Greece. They have an officially recognised language and culture, regional autonomy, education in mother tongue and various freedoms that Macedonians have been striving for for decades from Greece and the EU.

Not to degrade the cause of the Tibetans, I just want to put things into perspective. The Tibetans in China have better human and minority rights than the European Union, which are often the ones on their high horse about human rights in China!
            - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
            - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Thorvald
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
              what about TIBET
              Like it, or not, but Tibet is lost. Tibet will not gain its freedom again...The West will not put pressure on China for economical reasons ofcourse, and since China has changed the demographic ethnic society of Tibet by importing Chinese settlers into Tibet, its very likely the Tibetans will end up as very small minority on home soil were Chinese will be the mayority of population.
              https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
              European preservation

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

you forgot to mention the dali lamma spiritual leader of tibet.Don't write tibet off the tibetans are refusing the push from china.The un has been outspoken about tibet.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Thorvald
                  • Jan 2009

What about the Dalai Lama? China dont recognize him, and since China controlls Tibet and controlls all aspects of life in Tibet, there is absolutely nothing which will set Tibet free.
                  https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
                  European preservation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

China is asserting itself and is a superpower that is doing what superpowers do.

I have a favourite Tibetan restaurant that I always frequent when in Guangzhou, it is interesting seeing and talking to Chinese in relation to Tibet. They acknowledge the different ethnicity of the Tibetans and also have no doubt as the Chinese ownership of the region.

My readings have made it clear that nothing is simple in relation to this matter. But the Chinese treatment of Tibetans pales into comparison against the Greeks and their treachery they unleashed on the Macedonians.

The Chinese are normal human beings. Many are poor and I don't envy their lives at all. The country is moving forward, but it will be quite a long time before they will look like a developed country in my opinion. Manufacturing will become too expensive there soon enough and I think China will experience something similar to what Japan has encountered in recent times. They will become more focused on their population and servicing the needs of the locals as opposed to their present massive export focus.

Property prices over there (in the cities) are obscene and the rents achievable are paltry. The numbers simply don't add up. I think there are already some corrections to property prices happening right now but I think more will follow.

I love the energy of the nation. People are very willing to work and are very industrious. They largely regard "foreigners" as morons and they have barely an inkling of understanding in concepts relating to marketing. They have a lot to learn but they prosper because they are chasing volume. Quality is there but is often sourced elsewhere. They still aim for "cheap and fast" as it stands.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Property prices over there (in the cities) are obscene and the rents achievable are paltry. The numbers simply don't add up. I think there are already some corrections to property prices happening right now but I think more will follow.
                      I guess thats why the main land chinese are migrating a lot to Hong Kong, or literally thousands of them buying a lot of property in australia, pushing prices up for the rest of us.

But its ok, the australian government will keep on talking about couple of hundred evil boat people who are taking all of our jobs and will kill us in our sleep and ignore the rich chinese ruining our property industry.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                        ...But its ok, the australian government will keep on talking about couple of hundred evil boat people who are taking all of our jobs and will kill us in our sleep and ignore the rich chinese ruining our property industry.
                        There's a very big audience out there that swallows that shit with total glee, that both sides of politics just can't ignore...it's a self replicating, bogan, red-neckery machine that gets fatter and dumber, feeding off a perpetual diet of mind numbing reality tv...

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

thats the government you voted for and you got,I couldn't beleive that lot gets instant pensions.instant pasports and pensions given to them.Were just a soft touch.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            There's a very big audience out there that swallows that shit with total glee, that both sides of politics just can't ignore...it's a self replicating, bogan, red-neckery machine that gets fatter and dumber, feeding off a perpetual diet of mind numbing reality tv...
                            And that is the "Macedonia" issue in Greece in a nutshell. Designed to distract the the morons. A pity the Macedonians think they need to give a shit.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Who says the name issue is really an issue apart from greece.Most countries recognize macedonia under it's constitutional name.I'm not an expert but macedonia should be able to within the un be recognized under it's constitutional name.If it came to a vote then the greeks would be dfeated on the floor.I don't know if they could still veto macedonia for seeking recognition of its current name.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X