• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • momce
    Banned
    • Oct 2012

Macedonian star

Hey I was going through the Vinca symbols one symbol looks like the Macedonian star. Here are the symbols,:

row 9 across 8 down

Any thoughts?

Momce
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

momce let me break your myth.That symbol is not the macedonian star.It is simply a solar symbol.The solar sign of the sun was used in prehistoric times.Rock carvings in macedonia will attest it is a solar symbol from prehistoric times.This symbol is not the 16 ray sun symbol as used by macedonian royalty.I read somewhere that it started with the 8 ray sun then developed into the sixteen ray sun as used in 323 bc.The sixteen rays represent the 16 macedonian tribes.The prehistoric solar symbol had nothing to do with rays so it remained simply as a symbol..Note the sun was worshipped by many prehistoric societies as a source of life & a god.
    Last edited by George S.; 01-13-2013, 09:00 AM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
      Banned
      • Oct 2012

OK I am not an expert on these things but it caught my eye. Can anyone point me to sources, evolution of the star? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X