Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mastika
    • Feb 2010

There are good and bad people in all cultures. Traditionally the Roma were marginalised, and thats why many of them turned to less then respectable ways of making a living. The Ottomans forced them to live on the outskirts of towns, and wouldnt let them live within the town borders for example. However, things are changing and the Romi in Macedonia legally are afforded the same rights as all other citizens. Society is still prejudiced against them, I personally have no objections to them being Roma and do not engage in a racist way in my dealings with them. All people can do is to change themselves, hopefully others will follow suit. Hopefully in 50 years time these people will be completely integrated into Macedonian life, similarly to the Vlasi for example.

Comment

• Komita
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
      It doesn't work like that. These people are Macedonians, they have right to that country. The problem is that they are a minority and are and have been treated very very badly by the Macedonians and Albanians for years and years. Discrimination and racisam towards the Romi is something we have all witnessed it. You need to educate them to help them move away from their traditional ways. To educate them you need to provide free education enviroment for everyone, not just say it's there but do it. I have seen it day and day out at school Romi being treated like shit by the teachers, professors, students everyone. I have few Romi friends, all of them finished a university, language etc but they had thick skin, believe me. None of them lives in the Republic now because they couldn't get a job, not because they didn;t have the skills, but because they are Romi. Romi children don't want to go to school coz they are bullied not by kids only but by the teachers and it's hard to be a child and not see light at the end of the tunnel. We have a responsability to teach our chidlren to like Romi children, to play with them, not the opposite. We are seperate communities that don't mix.
      They are not macedonians, we are a separate race. We dont need the situation like in Serbia where gypsies call themselves serbs but are black like the evening.
      The gypsies are also humans and deserve to have rights but we dont need them to intermarriage with macedonians.
      Last edited by Komita; 07-01-2010, 06:27 AM.
      Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Komita View Post
        They are not macedonians, we are a separate race. We dont need the situation like in Serbia where gypsies call themselves serbs but are black like the evening.
        The gypsies are also humans and deserve to have rights but we dont need them to intermarriage with macedonians.
        Komita, they are human beings.
        And why not? That is a rascist comment.
        My sons are free to marry and have children with whomever they wish, we are all Gods children are we not? was it not your kind self on another thread that was disgusted with the "non-believers"
        Not very Christian of you.
        Last edited by julie; 07-01-2010, 06:32 AM.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

The Bulgarians too are the same, they gave them Bulgarian names and made them Bulgarian.

Jankovska, I dont like the Beljardzii why are you so mean to me? I dont call you names show some respect for a change.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Komita
            • May 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
            Komita, they are human beings.
            And why not? That is a rascist comment.
            My sons are free to marry and have children with whomever they wish, we are all Gods children are we not? was it not your kind self on another thread that was disgusted with the "non-believers"
            Not very Christian of you.
            Is it very Christian when gypsies from sutka go to the butel cemetary destroy crosses from the graves and use them to lit fires or when they steal from graves?
            But of course they are a poor minority that nobody understands.
            Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
              There are good and bad people in all cultures. Traditionally the Roma were marginalised, and thats why many of them turned to less then respectable ways of making a living. The Ottomans forced them to live on the outskirts of towns, and wouldnt let them live within the town borders for example. However, things are changing and the Romi in Macedonia legally are afforded the same rights as all other citizens. Society is still prejudiced against them, I personally have no objections to them being Roma and do not engage in a racist way in my dealings with them. All people can do is to change themselves, hopefully others will follow suit. Hopefully in 50 years time these people will be completely integrated into Macedonian life, similarly to the Vlasi for example.
              How the hell can you compare the plight of the gypsies with that of the vlasi...lol

It shouldn't be about "intergration" into "Macedonian life"...let them be who they want to be, just make sure they're law abidding and loyal citizens...its no different to the Macedonians in greece or bulgaria, I don't want to see them "intergrated" into greek or bulgarian life and lost forever to another cause...

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

As our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ preaches, to love thy neighbour, and as Jesus did not have judgement unto others, then we need to show compassion and afford the Romi the basic human rights they are entitled to, without prejudice.
                Lighting a fire to keep warm, if you are down on your luck, would you prefer someone to turn there nose up at you and call themselves a beleiver of God for judging you when you cannot be afforded the same basic human rights?

Why are they stealing? because no one will employ them and they have starving children? Give me a break. kindness begets kindness, hang on there is something wrong with this picture here Komita, you, all gracious one scoffing at the non believers of the forum. YOU ARE the non beleiver heathen, Jesus would not think much of your rascism
                There is good and bad in all races, peoples, but the worst is the people that judge and want to preserve their sacred bloodlines for fear of contamination.

In the words of my baba - judge no one, laugh at no one, because it will come back to you through your own childredn or children's children.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

As our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ preaches, to love thy neighbour, and as Jesus did not have judgement unto others, then we need to show compassion and afford the Romi the basic human rights they are entitled to, without prejudice.
                  Lighting a fire to keep warm, if you are down on your luck, would you prefer someone to turn there nose up at you and call themselves a beleiver of God for judging you when you cannot be afforded the same basic human rights?

Why are they stealing? because no one will employ them and they have starving children? Give me a break. kindness begets kindness, hang on there is something wrong with this picture here Komita, you, all gracious one scoffing at the non believers of the forum. YOU ARE the non beleiver heathen, Jesus would not think much of your rascism
                  There is good and bad in all races, peoples, but the worst is the people that judge and want to preserve their sacred bloodlines for fear of contamination.

In the words of my baba - judge no one, laugh at no one, because it will come back to you through your own childredn or children's children.
                  What exactly is the difference between a Christian fundamentalist and a racist...who sits on the higher moral ground...???

Comment

• Boge
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

None, they're both fundamentalists

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Komita saw it fit to judge us heathens on another thread as being non believers. And has the gaul to judge the Romi.
                      Just preaching his bible back at him.

There is no higher moral ground Pheonix, we are all equal souls in this world, both are extremists withself serving interests and judgement

Comment

• Boge
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

The roma are a wonderful people. I dunno why some of you western assimilated people hate them.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Komita saw it fit to judge us heathens on another thread as being non believers. And has the gaul to judge the Romi.
                          Just preaching his bible back at him.

There is no higher moral ground Pheonix, we are all equal souls in this world, both are extremists withself serving interests and judgement
                          My point exactly Julie...

The 'hat' is interchangeable...racism and religious fundementalism fit like a glove...

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

light bulb moment, gotcha batko

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Boge View Post
                              The roma are a wonderful people. I dunno why some of you western assimilated people hate them.
                              who hates them?
                              Boges back!! Where have you been?

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Boge View Post
                                What's "wonderful" about the Roma Boge...?

Comment

Working...
                                X